*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Comments

• NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    People like the OP are reasons I hate games...If people stopped whining and **** and instead played the game, there would be less nerfing...

icon_lol.gif look who's talking
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    I love how every single "improvement" they have made over last 3 weeks has made the game suck even more........

or is it only 'whining and ****' if the others do it?
  • Nice way to dissect his sentence to mean not what he said, but what you wanted to say. As much as I do not agree to WilliamK99s stance, his point was if people whined less there would be less nerfing.

Not that noone else was allowed to whine.

I do think he's wrong, but I do not think he should be misrepresented.
  • The Spiderman nerf is basically the all-spark. It will be there "in your darkest hour" *Stan bush riff starts playing*
  • The Spiderman nerf is basically the all-spark. It will be there "in your darkest hour" *Stan bush riff starts playing*

TILL ALL ARE ONE!
  • NighteyesGrisu
    Jester Day wrote:
    Nice way to dissect his sentence to mean not what he said, but what you wanted to say. As much as I do not agree to WilliamK99s stance, his point was if people whined less there would be less nerfing.

Not that noone else was allowed to whine.

I do think he's wrong, but I do not think he should be misrepresented.

I didn't represent at all. he whines all over the boards, accusing everybody who disagrees of being a dev in disguise, etc. So not liking OP characters is 'whining' and '****' and the reason why he hates games so much. People who think spidy is OP should just shut up and play but his complaining about other parts of the game that he personally doesn't like is something totally different. Just smacks of hypocrisy IMHO.

in any case, to answer the OP: Hawkeye and X-Force Wolfie are due for buffs first, before any nerfing should even be considered.
  • WilliamK99 wrote:
    People like the OP are reasons I hate games...If people stopped whining and **** and instead played the game, there would be less nerfing...

WilliamK99 wrote:
    I love how every single "improvement" they have made over last 3 weeks has made the game suck even more........

+1
  • To be honest I rarely see any one using Spider-Man when I skip through pvp. If I do, I usually have to skip him any way cuz his whole team is better than mine. Do other people really see him so often that he has to be nerfed?
  • NighteyesGrisu
    Typhon13 wrote:
    To be honest I rarely see any one using Spider-Man when I skip through pvp. If I do, I usually have to skip him any way cuz his whole team is better than mine. Do other people really see him so often that he has to be nerfed?

I don't see him too often, maybe in every 10th match, but when I do almost always 100+ which means I'll likely skip, so I don't have much experience of playing against him.
  • Typhon13 wrote:
    To be honest I rarely see any one using Spider-Man when I skip through pvp. If I do, I usually have to skip him any way cuz his whole team is better than mine. Do other people really see him so often that he has to be nerfed?

I don't see him too often, maybe in every 10th match, but when I do almost always 100+ which means I'll likely skip, so I don't have much experience of playing against him.
    Yea, he only becomes a problem with this impending skip tax.
  • I'm sure it's no fun to be on the recieving end of All Tied Up however if you play against him enough times you get a feel on how to effectively deal with him.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    I'm sure it's no fun to be on the recieving end of All Tied Up however if you play against him enough times you get a feel on how to effectively deal with him.
    True. Target spidey first. If you can't kill him quick steal his blue matches. Use modern hawk if you have him at a high level to deal serious damage and a long stun with those blues. Or use modern widow to stun his team, see how he likes it.
  • Typhon13 wrote:
    Maybe 70% of NHB and near enough every serious team in Courageous LRs. Not that I can talk, I've broken my own gimpy one out in exasperation to shut him down on occasion. It's the early (?) design miscalculation that's at fault, not the people taking advantage of it while it lasts.

@OP: probably soonish, but not yet so soon you shouldn't spend 5000 HP getting 5 blue so you can stop complaining and lean on him along with everyone else. Then you can complain when he gets nerfed. I'd assume it'll be trailed in-game the way they did Thorverine before it hits. If we're really lucky they might coin another witty portmanteau for us to mock.

There will be such wailing and gnashing of teeth if they leave him wanting a respec as much as Wolverine did. 3*s aren't so readily recyclable, considering how long it could take to build a new one.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Typhon13 wrote:
    Maybe 70% of NHB and near enough every serious team in Courageous LRs. Not that I can talk, I've broken my own gimpy one out in exasperation to shut him down on occasion. It's the early (?) design miscalculation that's at fault, not the people taking advantage of it while it lasts.

@OP: probably soonish, but not yet so soon you shouldn't spend 5000 HP getting 5 blue so you can stop complaining and lean on him along with everyone else. Then you can complain when he gets nerfed. I'd assume it'll be trailed in-game the way they did Thorverine before it hits. If we're really lucky they might coin another witty portmanteau for us to mock.

There will be such wailing and gnashing of teeth if they leave him wanting a respec as much as Wolverine did. 3*s aren't so readily recyclable, considering how long it could take to build a new one.
    Oh ok thanks. I rarely play lightning rounds so that explains it.
  • I'm not sure he needs a Nerf, but a change for sure. Aside from it being really powerful, the 2ap cost stun is just annoying. All abilities that happen every turn are annoying. Looking at you Magneto. It just slows everything to a crawl. I hope they keep him really powerful, but I don't like playing with or against abilities that fire so often.

One idea I like is to make his blue:

Stuns opponent creating a five turn countdown tile. The stun lasts until its matched at which point it does some damage. If the countdown reaches zero damage is 4x greater, and stun is released.

Levels could reduce cost and increase damage. Level five should cost 6ap.

That would be super powerful, add some punch to Spidey, but kill the annoying spam.

Thoughts?
  • In an MMO you have a cast of various roles, one of which keeps watch over adds, and keeps them at bay using sleep, bind, or some other such method.

While this isn't an MMO, we have a need for such a role. Spider-man is the only character that can reliably fill it. With so much PVE relying on crowd control, there isn't really another character who can fill in. Spider-Man has decent hit points and defensive capabilities that can help him survive as an attacker (i.e. when he gets blue, yellow, or purple and makes himself open to attack). Against level 230 opponents spider-man is barely adequate. Modern Black Widow is the next best thing but she's almost out of her league when fighting a team of level 85 opponents.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    I'm sure it's no fun to be on the recieving end of All Tied Up however if you play against him enough times you get a feel on how to effectively deal with him.

Which was true of all the characters that were "OP", but they still got nerfed anyways.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:

Which was true of all the characters that were "OP", but they still got nerfed anyways.

Can't argue with that
  • So typical...another week, another character to complain is OP... after he gets nerfed, everyone can then complain about OBW being too OP, then (insert name), and on and on...
  • It's a good thing that it is actually left to the developers to figure out if a character adhers to their vision of the game or not then.
  • WilliamK99 wrote:

WilliamK99 wrote:

It's only whining and **** if you are asking for something that will make the game worse...I have not made any suggestions that made the game worse... Hell I get destroyed by Magneto and I have a low one, I could easily jump on the bandwagon , instead it makes me work harder to overcome what I don't have...