Nerf OML

carrion_pigeons
carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
edited April 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Probably troll-bait, but you all know it needs to happen.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't you dare.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably troll-bait, but you all know it needs to happen.
    rL2rFtu.png
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    I don't know that it needs to happen. Come on, man. Enough with the nerf threads.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Why? So we can start 101 "Nerf Green Goblin" threads? 5*s are broken, they have been since they were introduced, it's by design. We have to accept that their over the top match damage, RNGesus dependent acquisition, and clearly OP skill sets/damage is intentional, purposeful design. Either pay up and (maybe) get them, play hard and (maybe) get them, or ignore them/play around them, but they're not going to nerf them...if their power levels weren't intentional design, it would have already happened.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to guess that the degree to which one agrees with this is inversely proportional to the level of one's OML
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    How about we discuss something positive like what kind of character would be a good counter to him in PvP? It would have to be a 5* so the abilities could be something new that don't exist currently. Like:

Passive: Prevents enemy team from regenerating health (20% to 100% at 1 to 5 covers).
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Why? So we can start 101 "Nerf Green Goblin" threads? 5*s are broken, they have been since they were introduced, it's by design. We have to accept that their over the top match damage, RNGesus dependent acquisition, and clearly OP skill sets/damage is intentional, purposeful design. Either pay up and (maybe) get them, play hard and (maybe) get them, or ignore them/play around them, but they're not going to nerf them...if their power levels weren't intentional design, it would have already happened.

There's no way 5*s are broken. There have been countless posts saying 5*s are broken, developers read the posts, and there have been changes to everyone but the 5*s. Obviously, 5*s are not broken. That would mean the developers don't read posts or....
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    My OML is level 420, so I'm quite aware about how OP he is. It's not just the ridiculous healing (over 3k/turn), or the crazy strike tiles (3*800). It's the insane match damage which is over and above even the other 5*s. My OML does 1400 for a simple black match-3. A match-5 that leads to a match-4 can do 8000+ damage. And that's with him not even firing any powers at all. It's completely nuts.

Do I want him nerfed? Obviously not. But I can understand where people are coming from.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    HaywireII wrote:
    How about we discuss something positive like what kind of character would be a good counter to him in PvP? It would have to be a 5* so the abilities could be something new that don't exist currently. Like:

Passive: Prevents enemy team from regenerating health (20% to 100% at 1 to 5 covers).

If your car breaks down, you can be positive there is a chance mechanics can fix it or another model car will be good. However, the reality is if every mechanic tells you your car isn't broken and they refuse to work on it, it doesn't matter how many new models come out, your car is still broken.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Agreed. They should make it so he can be stunned. Otherwise there's no way to stop his healing or match damage.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Orion wrote:
    My OML is level 420, so I'm quite aware about how OP he is. It's not just the ridiculous healing (over 3k/turn), or the crazy strike tiles (3*800). It's the insane match damage which is over and above even the other 5*s. My OML does 1400 for a simple black match-3. A match-5 that leads to a match-4 can do 8000+ damage. And that's with him not even firing any powers at all. It's completely nuts.

Do I want him nerfed? Obviously not. But I can understand where people are coming from.

My OML from the year 2019 looks forward to doling out this much damage.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    halirin wrote:
    They should make it so he can be stunned.
    They already did.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    It's the insane match damage which is over and above even the other 5*s.
    Spider-Man's match damage is (somewhat) higher.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    pretty sure this will happen days after I get a yellow.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    halirin wrote:
    They should make it so he can be stunned.
    They already did.
    I think you may have stepped in some dry wit.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    HaywireII wrote:

the best kind of counter in pvp is RNGesus who refuses to grant me a yellow cover
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I see all these folks saying "OML or it doesn't matter". When 2/2/2's rule the roost. So much complaints about it not being in both token types (hard to imagine when it's % goes down).

If it wasn't RNG only, I don't know that it would matter as much.

But OML severely needs a nerf. They messed up - they must know it, everyone knows it, and no one says anything because they want (or have) OML. But the other 5*'s (outside of GG maybe) don't compete - and OML has been around the 2nd longest so lots already have him. This nerf talk will only grow as more 5*'s come out and folks have less chance to get him.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Look, if you opened 5 LT's a week, it would take you over a year and a half to get a fully maxed OML. 5*'s are hooks, not actually intended for you to get. Of course they're OP. They want desperate people with poor math skills to spend lots of time and money getting these. No balance was ever intended. Looks like their goal is working.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    tanis3303 wrote:

Because D3/Demi has a long history of addressing obviously broken things quickly? Last time I checked they move at glacial speeds on pretty much everything. If anything they'll end up releasing something that makes him completely irrelevant and then hit him into oblivion with the nerf bat too.