No Holds Barred PvP event

Comments

• Just about to start, hope I get a **** bracket and pull out a Hood. Got one is a standard token, trying to get another one.
  • This game is infuriating. I actually set my alarm tonight so I could react to my shield breaking, found that my first place had been snagged, so I played a couple of rounds and finally bumped myself over 700. I find every match is around 8-12 points, and every time I come out having finished I've lost at least 50 points from multiple attacks. I choose another of the highest point value fights I can find, again nowhere close to what I wind up losing from attacks. Finally have to shield out of frustration and anger, with no other option lest I lose even more ground. This system is broken and unfair. Punishing you for doing well is utter ****. Adding a skip tax is going to heap one more painful element to an already broken process and may just drive me right out of the game. My mistake this round was starting too early but I really wanted to play and was bored with the Heroic.
  • This game is infuriating. I actually set my alarm tonight so I could react to my shield breaking, found that my first place had been snagged, so I played a couple of rounds and finally bumped myself over 700. I find every match is around 8-12 points, and every time I come out having finished I've lost at least 50 points from multiple attacks. I choose another of the highest point value fights I can find, again nowhere close to what I wind up losing from attacks. Finally have to shield out of frustration and anger, with no other option lest I lose even more ground. This system is broken and unfair. Punishing you for doing well is utter ****. Adding a skip tax is going to heap one more painful element to an already broken process and may just drive me right out of the game. My mistake this round was starting too early but I really wanted to play and was bored with the Heroic.

I feel ya! I saw you a lot in my queue. If I attacked you, nothin' personal. What I don't don't understand is my bracket leader hasn't gotten hit since the start of this event and he's cruising to 1000. I shielded at 846. I'm not gonna be able to catch him.
  • Couldn't make myself play past 400...was mind drivlingly boring. Shield at #8, hope I can finish top 15.
  • I really don't think there are very many people with rating of 500 or greater out there so getting only 10 point matches at 700 doesn't sound unreasonable.

I ran Patch/OBW/Spiderman. Figure there's no point to try to actually defend and might as well go for the fastest kill rate possible. Hit about 550 and then people started noticing me so I just shielded and going to call it a night. Heroic Oscorp pretty much sapped all my available time and mental capacity. Burned 3 AP+3 all boosts too, though I was sitting on 9 so I figure might as well use it because it'd totally suck if I get another AP+3 all boost while having more than 7 of them. As long as Spiderman can still stun a team for about 3-4 turns (8 blue AP usually can do the trick), that's all the time you need for Berserker Rage to literally wipe out the whole team.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    My bracket leader is on 700+ but I'm was never really worried about trying for the top spot. Finally managed to break 500 and with a fairly beefy team (Patch, Hulk, IM40) so I'm going to shield and let it be. I'm currently at #8, so that should net me at least one Hood cover for a net cost of 50HP (-200 for the shield, +50 from progression reward, +100 in end rewards) and I'll be happy with that.

Going to farm LRs for easy ISO.
  • I'll so kill anyone who attacks me in the last minutes... I just want 3 Hood covers, dammit, for some weird reason I like the cover art and abilities, and getting top 10 for the first time ever would be nice as well. I'm seriously gonna write down any name that comes up on my attackers list and hunt them down in every event to come. But my competition probably isn't even here on the forum.
  • This is stupid, I was 689 and shielded. Unshield to push for first spot, got a quick match in and some guy attacked me twice already for -55. I retaliate of course, came out and that b@stard put in another attack. Which means he was able to cycle through his matches quickly to find me 3 times just after I remove my shield. What the hell?

I retaliated and he fought back, after the sixth or seventh time, I managed to get to 700 pts, came out and was hit by another guy for -41. Now I'm shielded at 660 pts...

Matchmaking is so broken, everyone in my matchmaking gives 10-12 points, which means they can get 30-40 pts from me. Also, targeting the same opponent repeatedly should not be allowed, especially if you only get to retaliate once from multiple attacks.

Edit: to add insult to injury, the guy at first just got from 700 to 740 pts in less than 10 min with his **** 1 and 2* lv 50 roster, what joy.
  • Still sitting shielded at #1 with 799 points.
    #2 has 607. Same as when I went to sleep basically. I've dropped 400 so far on shields and plan to drop 100 more.
    Sounds like a good investment for my final yellow hood and a green S&V.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm currently in a retaliation loop with someone who doesn't realize I keep getting 30+ points from the fights while they're only getting about 15-20. I'm starting to feel kind of bad about it.

I'm not too worried about placement this tourney. I need Hood covers but I'm not building him, so really just aiming for top 45.
  • Played a little last night got to 400. Woke up and was around 300ish. Just pushed up to 610 and 2nd place. 1st is 646 but I don't need an x force and it was getting eerie with no retaliations. I just want top 5 so I don't plan on dropping the shield unless people start to pass me. Only 14 points ahead of 3rd.
  • My MMR is bad so I get attacked a lot. Unshielded, dropped 100 points in about 10 minutes. Clawed my way back up to #3 and shielded. I'm 7 points behind 2, about 20 in front of #4.

Just gonna hold on for my final two Hood covers (currently 5/4/2). Sucks that it cost me 300 HP to get there but that's cheaper than buying the covers for sure.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Haha, I know they think it's working as intended, but I really hope they fix the MMR system to make sense. I just took 4 minutes to do a match, and went from top 15 before the match and won a 31 point match, was about to shield, -138 as I get hit by 6 people at once. So I'm done trying for anything in tourneys.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    jozier wrote:
    Yeah that sounds pretty nice.

I was fighting mostly IM/Patch/Spidey/Hulk variations so pretty slow overall. I ran Spidey/Patch/OBW so I was a juicy target for my MMR. But I'm 30 points behind 1st. Once my shield expires maybe I'll do a quick match or two and then reshield for the final 3 hours.

I have a 4/5/2 X force so maybe I should grab the 5th green cover and use it, though I feel like I'm going to regret 5/5/3 come buff time.

I am sitting at a 3/5/3 right now, going for 5/5/3. I made my patch 5/3/5, I want this wolvie to be pure attack.
  • Afrocigar
    Afrocigar Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I went to 733 and shielded. #2 is sitting at 585.
    I'm gonna try to push to 800-900 then do a final 8 hour shield later. Fingers crossed I finally get that green S&V cover I been after forever.

What team do you use to get that high? I've had good luck using Thor/OBW/M.Storm

Other than that team I get obliterated, suggestions?
  • Clint wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Yeah that sounds pretty nice.

I was fighting mostly IM/Patch/Spidey/Hulk variations so pretty slow overall. I ran Spidey/Patch/OBW so I was a juicy target for my MMR. But I'm 30 points behind 1st. Once my shield expires maybe I'll do a quick match or two and then reshield for the final 3 hours.

I have a 4/5/2 X force so maybe I should grab the 5th green cover and use it, though I feel like I'm going to regret 5/5/3 come buff time.

I am sitting at a 3/5/3 right now, going for 5/5/3. I made my patch 5/3/5, I want this wolvie to be pure attack.

Yeah my first Patch is 5/5/3. I have a 3/5/4 in my roster as well. Kinda wish I had made a 5/5/3 Patch but oh well.
  • Leader of my bracket looks to have gone invisible with 700ish. Was clearly fighting to hold it for a good while, so fair enough, but has been static forever. Nice to know that can still happen.
    mags1587 wrote:
    I'm currently in a retaliation loop with someone who doesn't realize I keep getting 30+ points from the fights while they're only getting about 15-20. I'm starting to feel kind of bad about it.
    I wouldn't worry. They probably know, and if not it's hardly your fault and they'll figure it out eventually. I don't bother much with retaliations, but I've done that on occasion if all I'm really doing is grinding ISO, because then you're probably doing the other player a favor, anyway, or if I'm at 500+ and getting little or nothing worth real points, so why not?
    Matchmaking is so broken, everyone in my matchmaking gives 10-12 points, which means they can get 30-40 pts from me. Also, targeting the same opponent repeatedly should not be allowed, especially if you only get to retaliate once from multiple attacks.
    Last few events, outside spurts around shielding, I've been attacking whatever it puts in front of me instead of wearing out the skip button. It honestly doesn't seem to make that huge a difference most of the time. What they should do is implement some sort of Skip Tax, that'd help. I'll go post a suggestion.

I think it might help if they reinstated the old narrower range of valid targets by rating. Obviously with a solution to the runaway problem that gave everyone with time to get them free 4*s.

I experience the same thing and it is ridiculously frustrating. Spend hours to grind up only to get shot down in a matter of minutes. Shielding because you are getting slammed blows. I don't want to throw up a shield just because I am getting attacked. I want to play the damn game!!!! Plus, it usually ends up being a waste of hero points.
  • My bracket leader is at 677 and he didnt seemed to be attacked before he shield himself.
    I look at his roster and the only characters I see that are possible for pvp are:

lvl 70 Ares
    lvl 64 2* Wolverine
    lvl 50 1* Iron Man
    lvl 52 OBW
    lvl 60 Thor

There is another guy who is at 5th, and I have not seen him shield at all till now and his score stayed the same whole night. All he has are:

lvl 50 1* Storm
    lvl 50 1* Iron Man
    lvl 42 Bag Man (?????)
    lvl 62 Thor

How did this happen? Is there some mod or hack that prevents them from being attacked?
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    No mod, no hack. It's just that their match-making ranking sets them up against an easier (and probably smaller) batch of teams.