**** Punisher (Max) ****

Comments

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    wow, the preview was fine and now it's messedup, one sec!
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Now updated with his abilties

FYI your formatting is a little off. Green power has purple text. Final two powers are indented unnecessarily.
  • Cthulhu
    Now it's fixed, sorry about that
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Green is AoE? Is it doing around 9k AoE to the last enemy for 10Ap!?!? (That is the most powerful AoE in the game that just works against one guy icon_razz.gif - or survival nodes) And after that, black does 9k plus 1.5 for every strike tile? (No upper limit)

It looks really strong to me, great partner for OML or Nova (not that hard getting to 5 strike tiles now). And I agree 5/5/3 looks to be the strongest build.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Also, the Army of One max power levels seem to be at 370 rather than the more traditional non-championed max of 270. You could show both, I guess, but if you were going to have only one I'd make it the 270 max (or specify)
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Cthulhu, aren't Army of One max level stats actually for level 370 (max championed)? Usually 4* powers at level 270 are about 200% stronger than level 70
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu:

Can you confirm whether in a one-on-one (4* Deadpool Daily battle) fight, Punisher will have black appear as "Punish" or as "Army of One?"
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Cthulhu:

Can you confirm whether in a one-on-one (4* Deadpool Daily battle) fight, Punisher will have black appear as "Punish" or as "Army of One?"

Who cares. Merciless charge and you're done icon_e_smile.gif Oh. I guess we should also clarify if the one-on-one daily battle counts as having other downed enemies. I guess probably not. :/
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Piro_plock wrote:
    Army of One costs 7AP. The stats at level 270:
    3 covers: creates 2 strength 18 Strike tiles, then deals 2291 damage + 398 per friendly Strike tile
    4 covers: 2 strength 36 strike.png , 3608 dmg + 506 per strike.png
    5 covers: 2 strength 36 strike.png , 5376 dmg + 940 per strike.png

Hope this helps.

As others have mentioned, can we please have a confirmation on these values, Chtulhu? There's no mention of a cost reduction for Army of One in the OP, either.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Initial impressions from on paper stats:

Black:
    Strong. This is interesting skill within the 4* tier of play because the main viable strike tile generator being played within that tier is Hulkbuster and possibly Nova. This skill can be abused much easier within 5* tier of play where it's values aren't nearly as impressive. 3* strike generators almost universally conflict with Punisher's colours making an ideal pairing surprisingly tricky. All this would probably make the skill pretty lackluster if not for the Army of One condition of allies being stunned. The boosted form of this skill is amazing even without a single strike tile on the board.

Green:
    Good. Another interesting and well designed skill. With 3 enemies this skill is awful value and should never be cast unless desperate. With 2 enemies this deals 5970 AoE which I'd argue is worth the drawback of the stun especially when followed up by Army of One. With just one enemy left this skill deals 9342 damage which is an incredible finisher!

Blue:
    Okay. I'm writing this with the understanding that the percentage strike tile boost is applied only once. With that in mind this skill is okay but not really enough to consider above the other two. 3x 180 strikes (after their 25% boost) is 3* tier material. It needs more value to be truly worth it. Being a blue damage skill helps giving the limited options in this colour. If you were playing Punisher as a support 3rd on a team then this skill gains more value. Weapon expertise compliments characters like OML, Phoenix, Blade, Iron Fist, Black Panther, Nova and Hulkbuster.

Initial Build:
    5/5/3 or 5/3/5
    5/5/3 is definitely the stand out build as the one-two punch of green then black is too good to resist. Save up for 10 green and 10 black while taking out the first enemy and weakening the next. Then use green to kill the 2nd enemy and follow up with a huge black to essentially finish the match.

An argument could be made for 5/3/5 as a build that plays things safe. Your new one-two punch is blue then black making Punish viable at 6812 damage plus 3x 180 strikes on the board. Nothing mind blowing but this involves no party detriments and obviously improves with strike tile generators on the team. This puts Punisher in a damage support role rather than a spike damage finisher.

Overall:
    Mid tier. A strong character that requires quite a bit of setup to use safely and optimally. He's a bit like Nick Fury in that he'll just sit back for most of the match and then come alive to finish things. I want to place him in top 10-15 range but I feel as though his numbers are high enough to really elevate him during boosted weeks. Boosted Punisher's numbers are going to be crazy and may just elevate him into top 5 during that time. Should be interesting to see if he takes off or there are too many hoops to jump through to make him great.
  • Cthulhu
    That's what I was seeing when I wrote down the stats from ingame. There is a cost reduction, the power is avialable for 7 Black AP and I accidentally messed it up with reformatting, i will fix that now.

To make sure I will ask internally if my numbers are correct.
  • Cthulhu
    You guys are right, I was seeing something buggy in the build I had. I will update the stats for army of one max level.
  • Cthulhu
    Actually, I just opened another build and checked it and the numbers for max level look right, this is a max level championed which is how I've been doing all of the character reveals.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Actually, I just opened another build and checked it and the numbers for max level look right, this is a max level championed which is how I've been doing all of the character reveals.

Are you sure that's how you've been doing it? Quake is using 270 numbers. The other three Punisher abilities are all using 270 numbers. I'm pretty sure Goblin was too (or rather 450 in his case) but I'm too lazy to go grab a 3rd data point.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. That said, could you please not do this? Level 370 is basically impossible to achieve for 95% of players. The 270 values are much more practical. Most players on these forums have some chance of getting 13 covers and 350k iso eventually, even if it takes months.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2016
    The character's name is The Punisher in-game.

If Cthulhu's stats are right, the 2nd form of black can do a ridiculous amount of damage. With 64 strike tiles (never gonna happen in a real match) it does over 111215 damage, or 15888 per AP. [EDIT: they are for level 370. at 270, the second black does up to 9373/AP.] It should be good with 3* Bullseye -- at least 2793/AP with 13 strike tiles from Bullseye downing an enemy. 5* Phoenix and Logan are also options.

The next best damage/AP in the game is 5* Phoenix green at 5552/AP with a hefty drawback.

Green does the most total damage when exactly one enemy is downed, not taking strike tiles into consideration.
    all alive: 7794 (2598*3)
    1 down: 11940 ((2598+3372)*2)
    2 down: 9340 (2598+3372*2)
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    This guy with 3* bullseye is going to be so fun!
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    babinro wrote:
    Green:
    Good. Another interesting and well designed skill. With 3 enemies this skill is awful value and should never be cast unless desperate. With 2 enemies this deals 5970 AoE which I'd argue is worth the drawback of the stun especially when followed up by Army of One. With just one enemy left this skill deals 9342 damage which is an incredible finisher!

I will add that his Green is *superb* in Survival nodes. You killed 3 ninjas in wave 1? Congrats, Punisher Green will deal over 10,000 dmg.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    My feeling is this character looks really good, but that practically speaking he will be useless in PvP. This is due to the complex nature of maximizing his skills by using them in a specific order (i.e. blue first, then green, and then black). If not saved up to be used in the same turn, you will not see the best power of the character. He will stink if he just uses green plain. Great, now you have two stunned teammates and did low damage per AP. On defense, he will be useless. The only thing that could potentially make him useful on PvP teams is his blue passive boosting OML or Phoenix. But once you are in 5 star land, 4 stars are not that good until they are max championed.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2016
    Black blue and green...
    He would pair well with Miles Morales. Just think about it...

Miles goes invisible, suddenly him being stunned doesn't mean as much. Also helps to fuel Punisher's blue.

Just a thought.