Comments

• spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Can we get some details on puns powers?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    spccrain wrote:
    As per current norm, we'll probably have to wait for a sandboxer to clue us in this afternoon.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Between the Easter release and no stats to determine if he's worth it, sure making it easy to bracket shop/skip this one.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Between the Easter release and no stats to determine if he's worth it, sure making it easy to bracket shop/skip this one.
    if only I didn't need the iso...
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa wrote:
    I will say there was a Marvel What If comic that supposed what if Venom symbiote had merged with the Punisher instead of Spiderman....it was pretty awesome.

deadpool-the-7-marvel-characters-that-were-hosts-to-the-symbiote-591379.jpg
    That is one of the few What If comics I have read, and you are right.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    So who is this Max Castle? Looks like he might be Frank's older brother.
  • spccrain
    I've seen him at 5/5/5 lvl 270 (don't know how to post pics here) *5/5/5 is because the person who showed the pic has him champed lol*

Black 5 covers- deals 4544 damage plus 756 for each strike tile. Becomes Army of One (nothing for that yet)

Green 5 covers - stuns allies 2 turns, deals 2598 plus additional 3372 for each downed enemy

Blue 5 covers - create 3 144 strike tiles plus
    Passive- friendly strike increased by 25%

He seems like he's worth having! Paired with oml he's a scary soab
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    spccrain wrote:
    I've seen him at 5/5/5 lvl 270 (don't know how to post pics here) *5/5/5 is because the person who showed the pic has him champed lol*

Black 5 covers- deals 4544 damage plus 756 for each strike tile. Becomes Army of One (nothing for that yet)

Green 5 covers - stuns allies 2 turns, deals 2598 plus additional 3372 for each downed enemy

What is this OML you speak of?

edit: nevermind. Looks like easy 5/3/5 to me. Not building around a strategy of killing my own team.
  • spccrain
    Sounds the same to me interested in what aoo can do.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    spccrain wrote:

What is this OML you speak of?

edit: nevermind. Looks like easy 5/3/5 to me. Not building around a strategy of killing my own team.

That Green is for each downed enemy, not for each downed ally. Looks like a multi-use move, either for enabling Army of One (if that turns out to be worth anything) or for one-shotting the last enemy. Stunning your team doesn't matter at all if you win that turn. You could also use it to intentionally prevent GG from stunning your team icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    That Green is for each downed enemy, not for each downed ally. Looks like a multi-use move, either for enabling Army of One (if that turns out to be worth anything) or for one-shotting the last enemy. Stunning your team doesn't matter at all if you win that turn. You could also use it to intentionally prevent GG from stunning your team icon_e_biggrin.gif

Man I read that 5 times and saw "downed ally" each time. I'm getting old.

So then we're back to dependencies on how each color scales.
  • simonsez
    Even at 5, his blue is pretty weak (3x144 strike tiles), and I'm assuming the whole point of this character is to chain green into black to trigger Army of One, so 5/5/3 seems like an easy choice to me.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    spccrain wrote:
    As per current norm, we'll probably have to wait for a sandboxer to clue us in this afternoon.
    Speaking of:

Punish
    1 cover: 556 Damage / 93 Damage per friendly strike
    2 covers: 806 / 121
    3 covers: 973 / 177 MAX 1894 / 342
    4 covers: 1473 / 233 MAX 2867 / 450
    5 covers: 2335 / 391 MAX 4544 / 756

Army of One: Too lazy to get all that.

Merciless Charge
    1 cover: 639 Damage / 574 Damage per downed Enemy
    2 covers: 741 / 704
    3 covers: 833 / 833 MAX 1624 / 1623
    4 covers: 1019 / 1120 MAX 1985 / 2182
    5 covers: 1334 / 1731 MAX 2598 / 3372

Weapons Expertise
    1 cover: 1 Strike tile / 65 Strength / 8% Boost to Strikes
    2 covers: 1 / 84 / 12%
    3 covers: 2 / 56 / 16% MAX 2 / 108 / 16%
    4 covers: 2 / 74 / 20% MAX 2 / 144 / 20%
    5 covers: 3 / 74 / 25% MAX 3 / 144 / 25%

It's kinda sad that I seem to care more about a game I don't play than the people who actually make the thing.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    simonsez wrote:
    Even at 5, his blue is pretty weak (3x144 strike tiles), and I'm assuming the whole point of this character is to chain green into black to trigger Army of One, so 5/5/3 seems like an easy choice to me.

For non-champed yeah, that's probably best. I could still see swapping a champed version to 5/3/5 often.
  • simonsez
    For non-champed yeah, that's probably best. I could still see swapping a champed version to 5/3/5 often.
    But when he's champed and boosted, his green becomes a 20k finishing move. That might be good to have in your back pocket.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

Technically they'll (almost) always function as Strength 180 Strike tiles since he'll boost them by 25% as well, which isn't THAT much worse than Rocket Man or Danger Zone. Plus, a 25% boost could also be bonkers with any other character that rapidly produces Strike tiles of almost any size, like... Nova. Or OML. I hear he's pretty good.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    They released the character name and the silly interview thing yesterday, but still haven't updated this page? [edit: now updated. Thanks cthulu!]

And yes, from fiercekiwi's post it's probably best to go with 5/5/3.

And that blue seems a bit underwhelmining. 8ap for 3x180 strike tiles (effectively) is mostly on par with black partner's battle plan or judgment, 3* powers. Yes, he will also boost every other strike tile, but that is only especially useful with good teammates who make beefy/lots strike tiles. Yay, i guess. But good teammates who make beefy/lots strike tiles (*cough*oml, bp, phoenix, blade, nova, x-23, etc*cough*) are all generally pretty good on their own anyway.

So at first glance 4*pun seems kinda meh. "Good when paired already excellent characters" isn't a high priority niche in the meta. But I can definitely see some uses for him. Sad that 3* pun still has a much much better finishing move.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think 5/5/3 or 5/3/5 is going to depend equally on (a) pairings with strike-heavy characters; and (b) how good Army of One is. If we're going to be using Merciless Charge mainly to power up his black, then it makes sense not to max it because even at five covers Merciless Charge is not very good with no downed enemies.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Army of One costs 7AP. The stats at level 270:
    3 covers: creates 2 strength 18 Strike tiles, then deals 2291 damage + 398 per friendly Strike tile
    4 covers: 2 strength 36 strike.png , 3608 dmg + 506 per strike.png
    5 covers: 2 strength 36 strike.png , 5376 dmg + 940 per strike.png

Hope this helps.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Now updated with his abilties