PVE: Enemy of the State (2016-03-17 to 2016-03-24)

2»

Comments

• Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    I have had success with using OBW, Cap, and Thor. Stun Wolvie as often as you can, and then take out the red generators by stealing their red and alternating between Hammering and Shielding them to death. Then you can deal with Wolvie last without all the supplemental red he gets from the others.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone know how much points the final two subs are worth? I know that there are survival nodes which give lots of points, but not sure about the exact number. I'm currently on 58k points with 2d21h to go. Aiming to get another 10k ++ in this 5th sub which would bring me to around 68k points
    In a previous run I was able to double my Points in the last two subs alone - final progression was at 170K Points, I had 85K at the end of Hell's Kitchen, I got the last progression 30 minutes Before the sub ended.
    Rubberbanding Points did play into that though ,and I do not know if it's a thing under the new system. I am cautiously optimistic scores will rise a lot during the last two subs though.

As an aside, Blade is really awesome against the ninjas. Strike tiles and attack tiles help a lot to start with, and Nightstalker Drains red more often than not. It's even more fun when you pair him with X-force Deadpool who can use the red AP and tank black and Purple!
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    An "Easy" node with Wolvie plus two Konrans. THREE Adamantium slashes inside of ten turns. Dead Hood, crippled Blade. icon_rolleyes.gificon_evil.gif And I get a whopping 70 ISO reward to add insult to the injury.

I'm done with this wretched 'test' event outside of essential nodes.

EDIT: You know what, I'm not even bothering with the essentials in this sub. They're all Wolvie and/or Gorgon plus one or two ninjas aka feeders.
  • SirHuggyBear
    SirHuggyBear Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Even better—All the team-ups I've earned are Wolverine TUs. Guess what I can't use in this event? Wolverine TUs. Heavily relying on Alliance loaners.
  • Zix
    Zix Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    On top of all the absurd scaling problems, it kills me that once again Elektra is a boosted character during this event. Yes, she's in the story, and this even marked her release in the game. But it is possibly the WORST event to play her in.

Elektra is already a difficult hero to play effectively (putting it kindly), but she suffers heavily from ninjas stomping all over her colors.
    • Purple is fairly useless against most nodes. The exceptions are the odd shield commander, ninja trickery going off, and Wolverine's green. By the time any of these put strike tiles on the board, Elektra is probably already dead from wolvering tearing her face off. In most situations I think Purple is her best ability, but without strike tiles to turn it's too slow to make effective.
    • Black trap tiles are overwritten by Shuriken, Ninja Trickery, Black Arts, and to lesser extent Caltrops and Turn to Smoke. If there happen to be any unused black tiles around by the time you collect 11ap, it'll only be a few black tiles that quickly get overwritten by ninja ability spam.
    • Red trap tiles are overwritten by Strength in Numbers (x2 different ninja types), Meteor Hammer, and randomly by Caltrops and Turn to Smoke. If you bring Blade along, you run the risk of no tiles being available to use the ability. Even if you do find a red tile to drop it on, the number of unused red tiles will force ninjas to overwrite your trap.

If I seem weirdly upset about this, it's because the game decided a few months ago that Elektra would be my first max cover 4 star. I've learned that in some situations I can play her effectively. However going up against ninjas she fails, hard. And now her covers / levels are bumping up the scaling of the whole event for me. icon_evil.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone know what one pass through the nodes is worth for the last sub?
  • ubi21
    ubi21 Posts: 10
    Anyone know what one pass through the nodes is worth for the last sub?

Last sub is the following:
    Back with us: 200
    Whack a mole: 320
    Adamantium Fury: 630
    Code of Honor: 560
    Berserker Inside: 620
    Triumph: 2394
    Capt Essential: 740
    Ghost Essential: 740
    Beast Essential: 2706

Total: 8910
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Good amount for last sub. Not gonna be as tight to hit max progression as I feared.

And the Marvel and GR essentials are against goons only! No Gorgon! Hallelujah!
  • Clyve
    Clyve Posts: 91
    I think they overdid it on the progression rewards (I'm sure many agree). I've hit a subsection of the highest point value nodes 6 times (or close - was usually hitting all essentials 6 times, the other CP node 4 to 6 times, and the highest other wave node 2 to 4 times) in each sub, and I'm currently 50th place with 79k points. Doing the math, I'd have to grind another 25 clears of the highest point nodes in this second-to-last sub today, and either do 6 full clears of the last sub tomorrow, or do 35 clears of the highest point value nodes to reach final progression (and I've got a job and a family, so that's not happening). This is a big change from doing 3 full clears a day to reach the final progression reward with ease. Anyway, I like being able to play whenever I want instead of scheduling at 8 hour intervals, but I really hope they tone it down once they release the final version of this system or I won't be bothering with PVE anymore. At least it's just numbers that they can tweak...
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Clyve wrote:
    I think they overdid it on the progression rewards (I'm sure many agree). I've hit a subsection of the highest point value nodes 6 times (or close - was usually hitting all essentials 6 times, the other CP node 4 to 6 times, and the highest other wave node 2 to 4 times) in each sub, and I'm currently 50th place with 79k points. Doing the math, I'd have to grind another 25 clears of the highest point nodes in this second-to-last sub today, and either do 6 full clears of the last sub tomorrow, or do 35 clears of the highest point value nodes to reach final progression (and I've got a job and a family, so that's not happening). This is a big change from doing 3 full clears a day to reach the final progression reward with ease. Anyway, I like being able to play whenever I want instead of scheduling at 8 hour intervals, but I really hope they tone it down once they release the final version of this system or I won't be bothering with PVE anymore. At least it's just numbers that they can tweak...

I'm not even sure it's a byproduct of the test. D3 has historically been very, very weird about the point system for EotS. It keeps shifting around from reasonable to extremely easy to ludicrous.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Gotta say I loved this round and the test... Wasn't able to play strongly first couple of days and ended up on about 144000

Best thing was placement - my very newbie balanced alliance finished 195!!!! Our highest ever place!!! I'm ecstatic!!!

Found a new team of strength BP, Beast & GSBW - beast's healing and mutagenic worked wonders with attack and protect
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    PeeOne wrote:
    Gotta say I loved this round and the test... Wasn't able to play strongly first couple of days and ended up on about 144000

Best thing was placement - my very newbie balanced alliance finished 195!!!! Our highest ever place!!! I'm ecstatic!!!

Found a new team of strength BP, Beast & GSBW - beast's healing and mutagenic worked wonders with attack and protect

grats on your personal performance, you tripled my score in this painful event.

however, while your time slice may be over, the event still has 18 hours left (as i write this) to run, so your alliance placement isnt locked in just yet. there is a great deal of mercing which takes place in the final hours and alliance placements change rapidly and drastically. good luck though, and again nice score for this horrid event.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    thanos8587 wrote:

however, while your time slice may be over, the event still has 18 hours left (as i write this) to run, so your alliance placement isnt locked in just yet. there is a great deal of mercing which takes place in the final hours and alliance placements change rapidly and drastically. good luck though, and again nice score for this horrid event.

Indeed I never realised that... Still learning stuff... I know about time slices but didn't think about the game still playing
    We have slipped to 202 - in the past we are usually in the 1,000's
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was able to grind down the last sub a bit to finish 47th. Had to take both CP nodes to 6/7 before they dropped and decided to keep going. The return of Wolverine made the last subs a lot easier. Beast's wave node was a gold mine for points, worth almost as much as the final node but enemies had half the levels.

Still got nowhere near the final progression, but if I had been able to muster the will to grind down the early subs, it would have been very reachable. I gather that I was seeing scaling that included OML (level 345) while being unable to use him. It badly skewed my experience, as my next highest character is Nick Fury at 271.

I'll take the 3 tokens and the 10 CP, but if this becomes The Way Forward, I hope they tweak the numbers downward a bit, especially on the first 3 nodes.