4* levelling - all for one or a few for all?

Options
bobbyfish
bobbyfish Posts: 299
edited March 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Hi all, just looking for some second opinons...

Roster is ready to start taking 4*s above my 166 softcap I've been giving them for the last 3 months or so I think. I've spent 3 weeks bringing up 3 more 3* champions from lvl 145 so ISO has had to wait, but now I'm ready to start saving ISO again. So, in terms of 4* candidates...

3/5/3 Hulkbuster 166 - goes without saying he will be levelled
1/5/2 RHulk 166 - probably needs levelling
3/3/3 Prof X 166 - won't be levelling

I then have lower levelled:

3/2/5 X23 115
5/2/1 Antman 131
3/5/2 Fury 102

who can also go above 166

Question is, should I just pump it all into Hulkbuster knowing there's a red cover reward looming soon, or should I bring 3-4 up together to say 180 so they're all more use?

EDIT: I realise that RHulk and Antman can only actually go to 172 at this time!

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulkbuster all the way but... see below. I got him to lvl 250 now (with 5 red) and he is netting me 1k in each PvP. I loved the one with khamala to heal his black power.

Anyway - I would hoard iso until you have better covers for him (4 is nice but 5 is game changing). There is no point in changing your scaling to have overleveled but underpowered character. I would keep them where they are until you are ready to roll with them all day. The others are just not as good (or lack covers like Rhulk).

Prof X is already too high and he probably tanks the colors so the winfinity would not work (you still need 2 blue to make it work anyway) unless GSBW or Switch is boosted (if that is wrong - feel free to correct me; i've kept mine at 140 and all is working fine).
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    yeah 166 was fine on prof x until the changes - even at 3 covers though it's still pretty darn useful. Ok maybe I'll stock ISO for a bit then. Do you think taking HB to even 200 will make a big difference at 3/5/3? I'm still spending too much getting to 1000 on PVP so making that easier is my priority I guess

thanks
  • Magic
    Options
    I don't think at 3 covers he will do much.

How many 5* you have on your roster? Because if 3-4 - the scaling should not change and you can experiment with hulkbuster at 3/5/3. If 0-2 - consider the increase in scaling.

Until he has 4 covers (or 5) you should keep aiming at 1k with 3* teams. Cyclops/Luke Cage with Iron Fist can get you far. If you add some KK and Switch into the mix you can get to 1k with 1-2 shields (i was doing that before I got HB to working covers). It's not easy and not for every event but doable. Keep getting the 4* covers (Legendary token is still the best option so you might need to play enough PvE to get one) and your time will come.
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    I was wondering about 5* scaling. I've got Jean and SS with 2 covers each, so I don't know how much levelling now will affect things, particularly as my 3*s are usually boosted above the 4*s.

I'll take your advice and hold off for a week or so and build some ISO, but it just feels like a lack of progress sometimes! I've still got IF, Cage and SW to champion when I get a cover for them, so that's 3 instant LT's in the next couple of weeks I guess
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'll second the suggestion to just bank the ISO for now. You really don't lose anything by waiting until you have more covers and it leaves you open to use it for something that will net you a more immediate gain.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magic wrote:
    Prof X is already too high and he probably tanks the colors so the winfinity would not work (you still need 2 blue to make it work anyway) unless GSBW or Switch is boosted (if that is wrong - feel free to correct me; i've kept mine at 140 and all is working fine).

My PX is 170 and my GSBW is championed a few levels above 166. Both her purple and SW shows the same value as PX blue, but the combo still works when I place PX on the right
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    Just resurrecting my thread to see people's thoughts, these are my current top 4*s:

Hulkbuster 5/3/5 13/13 274
    Miles 4/3/5 12/13 170
    Nick Fury 4/5/2 11/13 170
    Mr. Fantastic 3/2/5 10/13 170 (yes, I know, but it's hopefully enough for DDQ)
    Red Hulk 2/5/3 10/13 170
    Professor X 3/5/4 12/13 166
    The Thing 3/4/3 10/13 166
    X-23 5/4/4 13/13 150
    Ant-Man 5/4/2 11/13 150
    Jean Grey 3/2/5 10/13 150

After Galactus I hoarded for 2 weeks and maxed HB to use the 4 covers I had for him, it's been a massive help to the roster. Since then, I've been soft-capping at 150 and then 170 to get myself a more rounded 4* group. So the question is, who next?

Options:

FURY - I am at day 390ish so will be getting 3 more covers in the next couple of months from daily rewards, plus GSBW is nearly at 183 for another. So to not waste those, I could focus solely on maxing him

JEAN - Everyone always says she is the way to go, but without 3 Blue she's not quite useful enough yet

X23 - Only other maxed, and I keep pulling her covers. I think I'm at 6/4/8 now, which sucks - she is pretty good, but I don't think I can max her in 2 weeks

BALANCED LEVELS - I just stick to bringing everyone up in batches of around 10 levels a time

All the 4* below this I currently plan to get to DDQ-safe levels (I have lots on 8-9 covers who need ISO)

Thoughts?
  • Magic
    Options
    I would say X23 since she is maxed. Fury is nowhere near the top and Jean is but you lack the covers. Otherwise - keep saving iso for when the covers for Jean come in.
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    Thanks. Maybe I'll resist pumping 50k into Fury to help with the Blind Justice event then