edited March 2016 in Off Topic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2P4DkHxXNQ
Spider-Man's suit looks exactly like 1* Spidey

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Woot!
    So excited they ended up getting Spiderman in!
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh. Man.

Is it May yet? *checks computer clock* It's STILL March?!

*waits 2 minutes*

Is it May now?
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A higher res look at that final shot:
    spideyhiresfull_1200_632_81_s.jpg

5* Underoos!
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why is it even a Captain America movie? Looks more like Avengers: Civil War to me. Everyone is in it. And then some.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HaywireII wrote:
    Why is it even a Captain America movie? Looks more like Avengers: Civil War to me. Everyone is in it. And then some.

Yeah, it is kinda weird, since you can't have Civil War without a high number of superheroes.

The best justification I can come to is that: A) Putting the Avengers name to it would implicate some sort of solidarity, rather than a division, and B) The two "main" characters in Civil War are Cap and Iron Man, but Cap was always kinda the focus, the "hero" of the story, whereas it made folks like Tony and Reed Richards to be the bad guys or oppressors. Although I always saw Tony's side of things in that story arc.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HaywireII wrote:

Yeah, it is kinda weird, since you can't have Civil War without a high number of superheroes.

The best justification I can come to is that: A) Putting the Avengers name to it would implicate some sort of solidarity, rather than a division, and B) The two "main" characters in Civil War are Cap and Iron Man, but Cap was always kinda the focus, the "hero" of the story, whereas it made folks like Tony and Reed Richards to be the bad guys or oppressors. Although I always saw Tony's side of things in that story arc.

It's actually C) Chris Evans was contracted to do a certain amount of Cap movies (don't remember the exact moment) so they slapped the Captain America name on this movie to get one out of the way. Or something like that.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Isn't Daniel Bruhl playing Baron Von Strucker in this? And what's going on with Martin Freeman's character? So many unanswered questions.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    Isn't Daniel Bruhl playing Baron Von Strucker in this?.

Right actor, wrong Baron. I think he'll be a big part of why this is a Cap movie, especially since the marketing has been hiding that character so far.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought I couldn't be less excited for this movie, but I've got to admit, they proved me wrong. What a bunch of dour nonsense.

Spidey looks great, though! I really hope that solo movie from the Clone High guys actually gets made.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    io9 put up their break-down of the trailer, I always like these - gifs so you can see the action a little easier.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/all-the-cool-stu ... 1764070574
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HaywireII wrote:

Overall it still seems to be following Cap's arc.
    In the first film he obeyed orders without question, saving the world because it was his duty.
    in the second film he learns that those in authority are wont to abuse their powers, no matter how well meaning they might be. As a result he tore down the system of power that threatened the freedom of the world.
    Now in the third film it's likely going to be about the difference between freedom and oppression. Sokovia taught him that allowing absolute freedom results in fools like Tony Stark creating Ultron. He's at the point where he must learn how the world should balance freedom and control. Too much freedom and you get Ultron. Too little freedom and you get Hydra.

The central theme is still a Captain America movie, I feel.

Plus Crossbones is a remaining enemy from Winter Soldier. Baron Zemo...well we've yet to find out.