*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

Comments

• Blue Shoes wrote:
    Well, if there were 10 anger tokens out, then the Hulk was probably stunlocked. If so, then strike tiles don't mean much.

He's not stun locked, because he wouldn't be creating anger tokens while stunned.

I'm guessing he just did Magentic Particle a few times plus whatever cascade created by them.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Blue Shoes wrote:
    Well, if there were 10 anger tokens out, then the Hulk was probably stunlocked. If so, then strike tiles don't mean much.

He's not stun locked, because he wouldn't be creating anger tokens while stunned.

I'm guessing he just did Magentic Particle a few times plus whatever cascade created by them.

Yea, I caught that too late.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Made me think of a mod to the Hulk ...

If he has 3 or more anger tokens, The Hulk becomes invulnerable.

That would be an interesting balance to both spammable powers and cascades.
  • Patch puts up a bunch of strike tiles. But it's still my turn.

Magneto (5/5/3) then uses his Red and Blue to move 4+ times in a row. If Mags has 6 blue, 4 red, that's usually enough to shred the other team and remove all their strike tiles. Build up 10 blue, 10 red, and Mags is pretty much unstoppable. His red does puny damage, but when there are 6 +200 damage strike tile on the board, he's absolutely lethal, and the opposing team never moves again.

So I use magneto with patches? And which magneto are we talking about? The red one or the white one? It sounds like the red one as the white one doesn't have red powers.
  • pulis wrote:
    So I use magneto with patches? And which magneto are we talking about? The red one or the white one? It sounds like the red one as the white one doesn't have red powers.

Magneto Classic, the red one.

I use him all the time with Patch (Loki is probably a good partner for Patch, too, but my Loki is low lvl, so I didn't try that combo). And I will continue using him until they nerf Mags icon_razz.gif
  • So much nerfing! Can't wait until it takes 30 gems to activate a skill that does nothing. All the while maggia and hammer starts to get buffed and do 2000 damage every turn for no reason at all.
  • Magento combos well in the sense that having a fusion power plant is an excellent backup source of power. He works in almost every team just because he's strong (more like broken) overall.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    pulis wrote:
    I recently used Mags + Patch to shred a team. Last man standing was Hulk.

By the time I got him to 500 health point, there were 10 Anger tokens up against me. I was tempted to match environment tokens to see how bad he'd hurt me.
    How are people using patches without killing their own team? Patches gives attack tokens to the enemy as well.

Also, do the black tokens overwrite other black tokens that have counters on them?

Option 1. Spidey stunlock. Spidey sense will also overwrite purple with shields.

Option 2. Use GSBW purple ability. Spray paint over the purple tiles with green. Pop berserk. For some reason I find this approach evil.
  • Patch goes well with Hulk because he solves the problem of "well his hit points are so high, what could possibly trigger the Anger?"

And if you have Black maxed out, the damage he does to the enemy benefits from the strike tiles on the table. Once you fire off Patch's green power, you put hulk in front. Let him get hit once or twice. And on the ensuing turn, you have 1-2 anger tokens that 1. AOE the whole apposing team and 2. Create strike tile boosted green matches.

The Patch/Hulk/OBW list is fun as all hell. It isn't a sustainable list because you are going to need to heal a lot, but man is it psychotic. You are racing to get that green and then just burn your opponents head off as fast as you can.
  • rabscutle wrote:
    Patch goes well with Hulk because he solves the problem of "well his hit points are so high, what could possibly trigger the Anger?"

And if you have Black maxed out, the damage he does to the enemy benefits from the strike tiles on the table. Once you fire off Patch's green power, you put hulk in front. Let him get hit once or twice. And on the ensuing turn, you have 1-2 anger tokens that 1. AOE the whole apposing team and 2. Create strike tile boosted green matches.

The Patch/Hulk/OBW list is fun as all hell. It isn't a sustainable list because you are going to need to heal a lot, but man is it psychotic. You are racing to get that green and then just burn your opponents head off as fast as you can.

I second this lineup. Great snyergy between Hulk and OBW's black passive with Patch's berserker rage. OBW's purple helps you get Patch's red AP faster and load up her blue healing power to recuperate the extra HP loss from enemy strike tiles generated.

When I want a faster kill unit, I'll swap out Hulk with Punisher. Gives me flexibility on Green and Red attacks... If board doesn't have matchable purple or enough green tiles's I'll use Pun's green attack, otherwise Patch. If I need to take a huge chunk of health away from a Tank I'll use's Patch's red attack, if enemy is under 40% i'll use Pun's red attack. You can really mow through even the tankiest of teams.
  • The anger tiles activate in very few turns, and the damage necessary to make the three in that time is insane at high levels.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    rabscutle wrote:
    Patch goes well with Hulk because he solves the problem of "well his hit points are so high, what could possibly trigger the Anger?"

I never thought of this. I've had Hulk at 5/3/4 for awhile, so I used some HP to raise him to 535. Then I went into the Hulk Lightning Round.

Hulk and Hulk had a ragefest towards the end. Didn't last very long. One thing I didn't check yet is if Hulk can make himself angrier.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    pulis wrote:
    I recently used Mags + Patch to shred a team. Last man standing was Hulk.

By the time I got him to 500 health point, there were 10 Anger tokens up against me. I was tempted to match environment tokens to see how bad he'd hurt me.
    How are people using patches without killing their own team? Patches gives attack tokens to the enemy as well.

Also, do the black tokens overwrite other black tokens that have counters on them?

Get the purples close together, use BR, match the enemy strike tiles

Or use Loki and/or spidey

Pretty basic
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    It's easy to get 3 anger tiles up with a cascade, or by using multiple powers, especially if a lot of strike tiles are on the board.

Invulnerable at 2 anger tiles might also be nice. I've seen up to 10 on the board. I got an enemy Hulk very, very angry. I was worried about what 10 Anger tiles would do to me, so I dropped him. Then I thought about how amusing it might be if all that anger made him temporarily invulnerable and unstunable.

It's a buff that can't be player-exploited, except to make The Hulk a better front line guy. If he's out front, a cascade of doom won't drop the party.

Fighting him, a few spammy strategies would no longer work as well against a Hulk team. He'd be like a stronger C.Storm against spam-attacks.
  • Would he still produce anger tiles after becoming invulnerable? Would Storm keep AoEing after he became invulnerable?
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Option 2. Use GSBW purple ability. Spray paint over the purple tiles with green. Pop berserk. For some reason I find this approach evil.
    Are you sure this works? I thought Deceptive Tactics only changes basic tiles.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Would he still produce anger tiles after becoming invulnerable? Would Storm keep AoEing after he became invulnerable?

Since Hulk wouldn't be taking damage any more, I'd rule he can't get any angrier. But would be amusing if it kept building up, and he's unstunnable and can't be damaged (for a count of 1).

You wouldn't like him when he's angry.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    He's saying get rid of the purple basics first with DT so there's nowhere to put the purple strike tiles. I think. I always have trouble remembering what type of overwrite that skill does because I never use GSBW.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eddiemon wrote:

That's why spray painting comes before popping berserk. If there are no free purple tiles your opponent gets no strike tiles.

Even if they are left with 2 or 3, you can control which purple tiles are left and can have a match lined up.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd rather have a fourth or fifth Anger tile than extremely temporary immunity.