Your latest fun team combination

Azoth658
Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi All,

We regularly see around the whole forum people talking about their teams. Be it the infamous Fistbuster or Winfinite etc

But what we don't see it people congregating to talk about their favorite fun team combinations.

I'm not talking about brute power (unless that is what you find incredibly fun) or your specific favourite defensive team.

This is about fun. Who are you using at the moment and just having a lot fun combining together.

For example thanks to the current buffs I am enjoying:

4* Jean Grey
3* Iron Man 40
3* Human Torch

I'm loving the way the new IM40 can use recharge to prep a couple of Red Torch attacks and a Green Jean attack, whilst preparing his own Blue.

It allows for me to have up to three AOE attacks (if I build purple through matches) and that strong Red from Torch to finish the strongest enemy.

Anyway I look forward to seeing some what you all are tinkering with as a set up. Maybe it'll inspire some of my own combinations.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's a fun team. For Women of Power though, I replace Torch with 4Thor. IM40 charges both of them so well. Of course, I have Jean and 4Thor champed, so I'd use them over Torch anyway.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I soared to a top 10 pop finish (first time ever) and 1k (third time ever) with the Scarlett Witch, Red Hulk, Jean Grey(4) group.

Lots of fun with Witch making purple, which can be applied to Jeannie, or Rulk. I liked the option to drop a Mind over Matter, or sometimes, funnel all that purple over into green in order to fire Full of Surprises. Once you do that a couple of times, all those strike/attack tiles stack and it starts doing ridiculous amounts of damage (or more ridiculous).

Not sure how different it would play without both Switch and JG boosted though. Switch is a little squishy normally.
  • Azoth658
    pheregas wrote:
    I soared to a top 10 pop finish (first time ever) and 1k (third time ever) with the Scarlett Witch, Red Hulk, Jean Grey(4) group.

Lots of fun with Witch making purple, which can be applied to Jeannie, or Rulk. I liked the option to drop a Mind over Matter, or sometimes, funnel all that purple over into green in order to fire Full of Surprises. Once you do that a couple of times, all those strike/attack tiles stack and it starts doing ridiculous amounts of damage (or more ridiculous).

Not sure how different it would play without both Switch and JG boosted though. Switch is a little squishy normally.

Ooo that's a great shout. Now if only I could pick up a single Rulk cover....

I do love when you can channel one colour into another though.

Doesn't that combination have Switch hidden by both Grey and Rulk though? Squishy is fine if hidden in the back.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2016
    Kamala / Ragnarok / Luke Cage

Rags and KK have great synergy; his red and blue abilities are cheap, triggering her healing fairly frequently, and on top of his blue's healing he should stay at full health for a while. Rags' blue also creates charged green tiles to power Embiggened Bash, and Kamala will be using her purple to make more green too. Cage is there for his defense tile, and to collect yellow and black for punching people with. Don't use Rags' green.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Mine isn't even fully covered yet, but I am really liking the reworked Quicksilver. He plays "puzzlely" and making his abilities cheaper with locked tiles actually makes him feel fast. His old green was sorta weird.

IM40 is the new shibang and just offers a lot of options now.
  • pheregas
    edited March 2016
    Azoth658 wrote:
    pheregas wrote:

Ooo that's a great shout. Now if only I could pick up a single Rulk cover....

I do love when you can channel one colour into another though.

Doesn't that combination have Switch hidden by both Grey and Rulk though? Squishy is fine if hidden in the back.

Indeed. She was totally fine, even while boosted. Rulk tanks green, Jean tanked purple and blue.

My boosted/squishy concern was more regarding being sought out as a target by opponents. Often I will target teams with Switch since (non-boosted), she can be managed fairly easily and taken out quickly.
  • pheregas
    Tryke wrote:
    Mine isn't even fully covered yet, but I am really liking the reworked Quicksilver. He plays "puzzlely" and making his abilities cheaper with locked tiles actually makes him feel fast. His old green was sorta weird.

IM40 is the new shibang and just offers a lot of options now.

I was playing around with Quicksilver, Kamala, and Vision. You've got a rainbow team there that heals awfully darn fast.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    That's a fun team. For Women of Power though, I replace Torch with 4Thor. IM40 charges both of them so well. Of course, I have Jean and 4Thor champed, so I'd use them over Torch anyway.

I used the same team. My 4Thor isn't even super strong (175 pre-buff) but it was still fun as hell getting off one recharge and then dismantling the other team with AOEs and Smites all over the place.
  • Killinstinct
    Killinstinct Posts: 99 Match Maker
    KK / magneto / hood

Love the synergy between them
  • Azoth658
    CNash wrote:

Rags and KK have great synergy; his red and blue abilities are cheap, triggering her healing fairly frequently, and on top of his blue's healing he should stay at full health for a while. Rags' blue also creates charged green tiles to power Embiggened Bash, and Kamala will be using her purple to make more green too. Cage is there for his defense tile, and to collect yellow and black for punching people with. Don't use Rags' green.

How about changing Cage and his defense tile for IM40. Faster to unlock Embiggened Bash and Recharge triggers KK and unlocks Thunder Clap and Lightning Rod. It would be a fantastic defense team in 3* land because who wants a long drawn out battle like that.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    as others have mentioned, 4thor and im40 work incredibly well together. jean or iceman can be the third there for a very effective, fast, fun, powerful team. occasionally fickle when you can't start with yellow quickly. been a long time since I've lost matches but im40 can leave you in the lurch sometimes. but man when it works, its beautiful. took down a level 500 phoenix (60K health) team and many OML with 4thor/im40/jean in the women pvp.

as far as just fun, I've gone with xpool/xfw/cmags for TBE for a while and love the cascades and purple -> black combo (even better if set up with a mags red). need to try a bullseye team too but that group is a lot of fun.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Orion wrote:

+1 JG, 4hor, IM40 is a wrecking ball in Women of Power.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Not necessarily my "latest" or "best" but I've enjoyed running with (mainly during Simulator climbs):

KK/Magneto/3* Capt. Marvel - all colors covered and decent synergy, getting Capt. Marvel out in front can generate red/black for quick hitting abilities to trigger KK's heal...

and Beast/SWitch/3* Cyc - all colors covered and decent synergy, SWitch's countdown almost "guarantees" there will be a blue special on the board to get the most out of Beast's green...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doc Oc is one of the most fun characters especially paired with a strike tile creator such as blade.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Azoth658 wrote:
    CNash wrote:

How about changing Cage and his defense tile for IM40. Faster to unlock Embiggened Bash and Recharge triggers KK and unlocks Thunder Clap and Lightning Rod. It would be a fantastic defense team in 3* land because who wants a long drawn out battle like that.

That's a great suggestion, thanks! I hadn't taken into account the new and improved IM40 in my team compositions - unfortunately I don't have him maxed yet so I can't try him out, but he's just jumped to the top of my list. I do like Cage in my set-up to complete the rainbow, but on the other hand Kamala needs a target for her purple and if black's useless then that'll do fine.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ran this before the im40 buff and is even better now. 4Thor,IM40, KP. I switch KP purple to 5 so I can match a couple purple and suddenly have 12 yellow. That gets me 30 blue and red to stun/Smite everyone. When 4Thor does 3 stuns before Smite she does crazy damage!!!
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    In the current PVE I've been getting a kick out of IM40, CStorm and XFDP.

If XFDP is out front taking damage, he can heal it up fast with an IM40 recharge. If anyone else is out front, DP's black and Storms yellow feedback damage on the enemy team.

EDIT - Seems like most folks are including the new IM40 in their Fun teams icon_lol.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is the first event where I've had 4* Wade at a semi-usable level, and I've actually been having loads of fun with him, Hulk and IM40 (who is my new MVP, like most people!)

If you save up a couple of Countdown To Whats and at least one Thunderous Clap, you can pop the first two and then let Hulkie do his thing and you'll usually end up popping a load of the CDs with either the clap or resulting cascades. It's fun to do and fun to watch icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two fun teams I use in the season Simulator.

Carnage / Devil Dinosaur / Doctor Octopus

Kingpin / Iron Fist / Scarlet Witch

The latter can even be used for serious climbing as well as fun.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Most recently I've been having a lot of fun demolishing seed teams with Bullseye and Iron Fist.

Take out the first two low level characters with Bullseye to create as many strike tiles as possible, let Iron Fists' attack tile do the rest. Finishing each seed team within 4-5 turns, sometimes 3 if I get a lucky cascade.