Raise my softcap as my essential 2* champions rise up?

Options
Pogo
Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
edited March 2016 in Roster and Level Help
With the exception of my X-Force Wolverine (who hasn't gained a cover in ages), I've been softcapping my roster for a while. I cap at 104 because the explanation I had read involving boosted 2-stars etc. seemed reasonable.

I play much more PVE than PVP, and I lean pretty hard on Classic Storm & MN Magneto. I use them in at least 75% of my PVE, because they're still viable with my current scaling, and with the Champion feature, they're still moving up.

Storm has cracked 104, and basically I want to know if there's any reason NOT to raise my roster-wide softcap to match her champion levels as they come, since she's such a key player in my roster. Like, it seems reasonable for her to be setting the pace, right?

Comments

• shusheshe
    shusheshe Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Storm is very very squishy, as in she dies easily due to low health, so you don't really want her in front tanking things. So the best thing to do is to have her hide behind characters with higher level/stronger colours. You'll probably better off having magneto and whoever else you're using, pending covers, have a higher level than storm.

My personal rule has been keeping my lessor covered 3 stars 10 levels behind my championed 2 stars and that has kept pve to be pretty playable for the most part.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I purposely held storm behind ares for that reason. they are staples in my 2* ddq node and if I let storm too many levels above ares she started tanking yellow and green, which was awful. don't worry about selling off a 2* cover here or there. don't jack up your playing just to add a level.

looking at your roster, first, don't put any more levels into xf. at least until he has many more covers. I think you'd be ok increasing some of your 3s if you wanted. your 2s are coming along and they'll come along faster than you might think (especially if you hit LRs hard). next tier I raised mine to from where you are was 120.