*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

Comments

• Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Maybe I'm just enjoying Patch/Loki too much to consider other uses of Patch.

LOOK AT THIS GLORY

1661115_1434146156822224_543147630_n.jpg
  • Hulk is the perfect compliment to Patch/Loki icon_e_wink.gif

Then Hulk can tank black for you and Loki isn't exposed since he's squishy.
  • Quite the opposite. 5 strike tiles may lead to 6+ green. You can always reapply beserk. I used hulk for protection of loki.

My semi dream team is patch loki hulk.

With enough green m black. You are deadly and immune to damage

You can reapply Berserk all you want, but if you don't have enough black for Loki, then every time you replace your 3 green strike tiles you're giving the other team 3 more pink. It sounds like fun, but having to find 9 green and 15 black every time I want to toss Berserk out sounds like a slow round to me.

I used Patch and Hulk a lot during the Wolvie tourney and I didn't hate it, but it is high risk. It's one thing with a buffed up Patch dealing crazy damage, but I don't know if I'd want to use that combo in someone else's tournament.
  • Kelbris
    jozier wrote:
    Hulk is the perfect compliment to Patch/Loki ;)

Then Hulk can tank black for you and Loki isn't exposed since he's squishy.

The only problem with that is that Loki would own purple, and I use purple like it's hero--

...hero points. ...Seriously. I like my Illusions. Don't even have to put my 50 Loki in front ever since I just wait until there's a bunch of black on the board and then toss the tiles around.

Still might have to try it out later. I'm thinking of experimenting with Patch/Punisher/Spidey too. That AoE could be brutal.

Spent all that 2** Wolvie sell ISO leveling Patch up to 85 and I CAN'T FRIGGIN USE HIM
  • Kelbris
    You can reapply Berserk all you want, but if you don't have enough black for Loki, then every time you replace your 3 green strike tiles you're giving the other team 3 more pink.

Why are people still calling it pink? The game itself calls it purple in multiple abilities (Widow Recon, Daredevil's trap)
  • Kelbris wrote:
    You can reapply Berserk all you want, but if you don't have enough black for Loki, then every time you replace your 3 green strike tiles you're giving the other team 3 more pink.

Why are people still calling it pink? The game itself calls it purple in multiple abilities (Widow Recon, Daredevil's trap)

Because it's pink, that's the name of that colour. You can tell me I'm typing in Japanese, but we all know better.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Kelbris wrote:

Because it's pink, that's the name of that colour. You can tell me I'm typing in Japanese, but we all know better.

Moshi Moshi, it's Purple
  • The gems in battle look closer to pink to me but everything else is purple: covers, tool tips, etc...
  • I used the Patch green 5 / Hulk Black 5 combo in the tourney. Throw Berserk and let Hulk thank the next hit. The enemy team exploded in 1/2 turns from repeated Rage damage 1k to each. Sure, you kill of some of your green strike tiles in the process, but as a result you still get more powered matches in and throw another Berserk. Better served with Spidey to stun after the first turn of carnage and heal back.

Hell of a fun. Except if the enemy manages a cascade, then you die horribly, but still really fun icon_lol.gif
  • Il Palazzo wrote:
    I used the Patch green 5 / Hulk Black 5 combo in the tourney. Throw Berserk and let Hulk thank the next hit. The enemy team exploded in 1/2 turns from repeated Rage damage 1k to each. Sure, you kill of some of your green strike tiles in the process, but as a result you still get more powered matches in and throw another Berserk. Better served with Spidey to stun after the first turn of carnage and heal back.

Hell of a fun. Except if the enemy manages a cascade, then you die horribly, but still really fun icon_lol.gif

Also fun...waiting for patches to throw down a green then stunning the team and wiping them with the saved up ap moves lol. Magneto was laughing for 2 whole days (2 ap red). Comic appropriate too as he can wipe the floor with addy coated wolvie.
  • My black 5 doesnt work....the black tile procs but he didnt do any damage to the enemies....
  • Don't have 5 black but yes, you can absolutely have Patch cause Hulk to take big hits, feeding green and triggering C.Storm's passive for (with Hulk at 5 black) 2 strike-tile enhanced AoEs every turn plus probable green match damage. Awkward thing is, the higher level your Hulk, the more likely you'll have to deliberately leave more of the purple strike tiles up than you'd really prefer for it to work. I switched to this for want of better options using my undercovered, underleveled version towards the end of Best There Is to take the Spidey blue bait on the expensive shield hook.

You obviously end up with one character practically dead, more often two, so you can't do it for long unless you like spending HP on health packs, but it is fast, so you can slam out a few wins before any significant number of retaliations come back.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Can you be a little clearer?

The OP is more clearer than the developers.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recently used Mags + Patch to shred a team. Last man standing was Hulk.

By the time I got him to 500 health point, there were 10 Anger tokens up against me. I was tempted to match environment tokens to see how bad he'd hurt me.
  • I recently used Mags + Patch to shred a team. Last man standing was Hulk.

By the time I got him to 500 health point, there were 10 Anger tokens up against me. I was tempted to match environment tokens to see how bad he'd hurt me.
    How are people using patches without killing their own team? Patches gives attack tokens to the enemy as well.

Also, do the black tokens overwrite other black tokens that have counters on them?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    To make The Hulk a bit scarier.

Anger (Black)
    If The Hulk has 3 or more Anger tiles, he is invulnerable to all damage.
  • Hulk's black CD only overwrites a basic black tile, not other black tiles with a CD on it.

If Magneto has 5r, you can basically just spam the 2 red AP a few times and each hit will do like 1500 damage due to strike tiles buffed from LR plus whatever cascades you get. Even without 5r, his red is pretty cheap and you also use his blue multiple times.
  • pulis wrote:
    How are people using patches without killing their own team? Patches gives attack tokens to the enemy as well.

Easiest way is to make sure you have a few purple matches lined up ahead of time, and you can take out some or all of their tiles after you use his green skill.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Well, if there were 10 anger tokens out, then the Hulk was probably stunlocked. If so, then strike tiles don't mean much.

nevermind, i can't read. icon_cry.gif
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Patch puts up a bunch of strike tiles. But it's still my turn.

Magneto (5/5/3) then uses his Red and Blue to move 4+ times in a row. If Mags has 6 blue, 4 red, that's usually enough to shred the other team and remove all their strike tiles. Build up 10 blue, 10 red, and Mags is pretty much unstoppable. His red does puny damage, but when there are 6 +200 damage strike tile on the board, he's absolutely lethal, and the opposing team never moves again.