Peter's Complete DDQ4 Strategy Guide - Tips for all Matchups

Comments

• After failing 5 times I used my +2 R/Y and +2 all boosts and finally beat it after failing another 3 times with boosts.

This is definitely one of the toughest DDQ4s.

Another champ level for my IMHB for my efforts. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Eec411
    Eec411 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Beat Jean Grey vs Moonstone with 3/4/4 lvl 147 Jean Grey.

Used +2 green/black, +50% blue/purple, +50% green/black

You want to fire green off asap so gravity warp does no damage. Activate green as much as you can, the tiles are what lets you make up the damage disparity.

Deny red as first priority. Deny black early, doesn't matter too much late as long as you have a purple ability ready to go.

Save purple after she fires control shift.
  • Beat Moonstone w/ a level 170 2/2/5 Jean Grey, +2 B/P, +2 B/G, +2 All. Denied red, then black, chased green pretty aggressively, and fired it off as soon as possible. The extra damage from strikes/attacks was key (so it made more sense to gamble early that the AI wouldn't get black). Had to get a slightly friendly board so that I could get the green off before her purple, and deny black either altogether, or until I had purple ready to neutralize. But, even when I lost, usually wore her down a good bit (so it felt like it would be winnable without a miracle).
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was actually ready to give up but because of my reflexive tapping, I'd started a fight with a boost equipped and figured that I might as well give the match one more shot (this after 9 or 10 failed attempts). I don't even remember what boost it was, but it was the only slot that I had filled since I'd run out of all the others (even the critical boosts!). The board started off mostly green, and I was able to get mine off pretty early. I got down to a few thousand health, probably from a Photon Blast (since I had some special tiles out, it probably wasn't because of a Gravity Warp), and Moonie was starting to build up her colors and managed to Control Shift my tiles -- not only that, there was a turn where any move I made, she'd get a red, black, or purple match that would put her over the top on one of her moves, including a match-4 with a critical boost on the black. In the end, I chose to let her hit me with that match-4 so that I could collect the purple, letting her nab my strike and attack tiles, before finishing her off with Mind Over Matter.

3/2/2 147, btw, though I saw someone on the main thread who did it with a 1/1/2 94 Jeanie!

Oh and a purple Kingpin was my reward (now 2/1/2), I might actually be able to compete against Cage next time!
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still enjoying the tactical nature of these things, a nice change of pace.

3 attempts today with 188 3/3/5, +50 b/p, +100 all, +2 All for the third attempt, used green and purple to mitigate Moonstone 's powers, heavy red denial, soaked up a Photonic Blasts cos there was so few reds on the board.
    Worked the board well with a couple of handy match 5s on both sides.

Might be the last win for a while though, getting into some thin pickings for the rest of the cycle, which a shame cos I've won the lot so far this time round
  • Cousin Simpson
    CT1888 wrote:
    Might be the last win for a while though, getting into some thin pickings for the rest of the cycle, which a shame cos I've won the lot so far this time round

I'm in a similar situation -- I only beat the node four times in the first cycle (including Devil Dino) -- though I think stand a decent chance with three more 4*s that have at least 7 covers: Iceman (2/4/1), Miles (2/2/3), and X-23 (3/4/2). Thankfully I have 10 days before the Iceman DDQ, which gives me time to replenish my ISO and resume my championing plans.
  • CT1888

I'm in a similar situation -- I only beat the node four times in the first cycle (including Devil Dino) -- though I think stand a decent chance with three more 4*s that have at least 7 covers: Iceman (2/4/1), Miles (2/2/3), and X-23 (3/4/2). Thankfully I have 10 days before the Iceman DDQ, which gives me time to replenish my ISO and resume my championing plans.

I've got a quite a few with 4 - 7 covers, but mostly sitting at around 70, and I'm churning all my iso into Hulkbuster at the moment with the hope that the hitting 1000 becomes more regular, so I'll take that over chasing the uncertainty of LT s (the last 3 have given me Chulk or colours I've already maxed). (this tactic is subject to change depending on how bored I get holding down the iso spend button at higher levels of Hulkbuster)
  • Wilk_Stepowy
    Wilk_Stepowy Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Hi Guys

I'd like to let you know, that I just beat Moonstone with JG lvl 152 3/1/3.

Used boosters:

+2 stockpile all
    +100% all
    +100% critical boost
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beat doom with a lvl 130 5/3/5 reed
    Used +2 blue/purple, +50% blue/purple, +100% all damage
  • Man, I forget how awful this battle is. I felt like I was doing well my first time through then got bashed by my second diabolical plot from near full health and doom still had like 7k health left.

Second try I boosted +all/B/P/G?B damage as much as I could and finally got it my 3rd time through. Really takes a favorable board with your black CD out - I managed to find a match-5 cascade I could make that took most of his health.
  • CT1888
    Me and my 202 70 Mr Fantastic are tapping out on this one. Had one run and took 1/3 of his health off with a good board, so I can see how it could be doable with low levelled Mr F; I look forward to seeing who does it this time round!
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Frack!!! Diabolical Plot is nothing to sneeze at. I had full health with a couple protect tiles out (and Doom down to 280 health), and he just O.H.K.O.ed me!

Level 188 with 9792 health for context.
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    Frack!!! Diabolical Plot is nothing to sneeze at. I had full health with a couple protect tiles out (and Doom down to 280 health), and he just O.H.K.O.ed me!

Yeah, it's frustrating because you can't tell how much damage it is going to do unless you have been really keeping an eye on how long purple tiles have been on the board.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Pwuz_ wrote:

Regular 166 Doom can OHKO you with Diabolical Plot!
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pwuz_ wrote:

Regular 166 Doom can OHKO you with Diabolical Plot!
    Yeah I know, but just being that close and letting an off color match 4 casscade into that the following turn really grinds my gears.

Finished it on my 3rd attempt though. Is it me or has this fight been easier than most to deny 3 colors on?

It seemed like all three of my attempts were on boards swimming with Red, Green, Yellow, and fairly dry on Blue, Purple, Black. Though letting him get off Summon Demons put a countdown on how many more turns I could survive that 2nd attempt. 3rd try I don't think he got anything more than Technopathic Strike off.
  • Eec411
    Eec411 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Have a 0/3/5 mr f. Is this futile having no blue? The yellow trigger will never happen (or only when I absolutely don't want it to happen). Seems like no matter how much health you have, it's pointless because his purple does huge damage every time
  • In the latest character ranking JG is #1....DON'T BE AFRAID OF HER, ICEMAN IS BETTER 1v1!

Sorry for the late update on this one! Luckily this is one of the easy ones so probably not a lot of people coming here looking for tips on this one.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Yes, real easy if you have enough blue, although I still needed two attempts -- but without boosts!
  • Success with 1/3/1 Iceman LVL 115.

Boost : +2 BP / +50% B/P / +5°% BG

Always keeping BLUE to stun her. And looking for matching the better combinaison that will shake the board and regenerate more blue. Don't hesitate to match the CP Blue anyway.
  • Beat Hulkbuster w/ a level 135, 4/1/1 Cyclops. Did R/Y + B/P boosts, +40% all color damage. Took about a half dozen tries (though the AI got a bunch of nasty cascades in several of those, FWIW)

Advice was super helpful -- only tweak was, did end up finding yellow useful. Waited to fire until there were a couple of TU matches available (and nothing that needed denying). And then, it let me both collect extra red + prep for the more damaging Combined Forces. But, basically, followed the advice to aggressively deny black + red, and be careful about blue. Ended up letting him fire blue when the board was fairly red- and green-starved, and it worked out okay.

Fun match -- lot to think about with the combo of color denial, bits of board shake, etc.

IGN: General Mercia