Hey Devs, Facebook Friend Rewards?

Options
The_Leftist
The_Leftist Posts: 224
Are there any plans to integrate Facebook Friend Rewards?

Even if it was something like send 100 runes to 10 friends per day and a 3 pack to 1 friend per day, that would be cool.

On average, a player with 10 friends could expect 1,000 runes and a 3 pack per day, which wouldn't break the game by any means, as 1,000 runes are easy to come by, and most people forget to claim their 3 pack every 8 hours anyways.

Just a thought.

Comments

• LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Are there any plans to integrate Facebook Friend Rewards?

Even if it was something like send 100 runes to 10 friends per day and a 3 pack to 1 friend per day, that would be cool.

On average, a player with 10 friends could expect 1,000 runes and a 3 pack per day, which wouldn't break the game by any means, as 1,000 runes are easy to come by, and most people forget to claim their 3 pack every 8 hours anyways.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the feedback. We know this is very popular among Marvel Puzzle Quest players and we will share with the team your thoughts. Thanks for playing Magic: Puzzle Quest!
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I see both sides of this. On one, devs like multi-platform interactions and social ties definitely keep people playing longer.

On the other, this becomes just one more thing you "have" to do in order to keep up: create a fake facebook account and then get a bunch of friends. I did the same thing for MPQ and believe me, it was 100% for the perks in-game, and I was sure to make sure no actual friends were annoyed by it. I'm sure many people don't bother to do this, but it seems like it'd be hard to justify all the dev time for something if many or most people circumvent it in a way that denies the gains.

Still, if it makes the game more popular and gets exposure, isn't that a good thing?
  • The_Leftist
    The_Leftist Posts: 224
    Options
    I used my normal account for FB, and actually ended up making more than a few good friends that I still PM even though I haven't touched MPQ in forever

And as long as they balance it, it will be a perk and not a necessity
  • heykirby
    heykirby Posts: 12
    Options
    Don't give us any more runes until you give us a use for them. Please.