*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Comments

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nerfing his stun/web production will already greatly nerf his heal.
    That should be enough! icon_cry.gif
  • Twysta wrote:
    Nerfing his stun/web production will already greatly nerf his heal.
    That should be enough! icon_cry.gif

Of course that should be enough, which is why D3 will obviously nerf it more than that.
  • I think the dev would do add some damage to Spiderman blue, change his stun to 5ap. Heal at a fixed amount, weaken the strength of protection tile to be less than invisible women's. Finally, put a kickme sign on his back lol.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just +1 to his blue and make him 4* and be done with it.*

May not be properly thought through.
  • There really is no place for an ability that can be triggered in one match. It will always be overpowered.

Unfortunately it's been damned necessary to compensate for the developers complete lack of testing/foresight/talent (delete as appropriate) recently.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    But the problem is, if they raise the cost of Spidey blue from 2 to 4 or even 6 then he will be completely useless. And he is 3* and Spiderman!!! :S

If they raise the cost they have to change the ability alltogether, Spiderman needs to be the perfect stunner (like he is now). Maybe they just need to remove the healing ability. In the end his blue ability is very different from Mags red or Rags red, these abilities are always the same, but spidey ability gets better as he uses it (first time he just stuns one round, second time two, etc.). So, it is a very powerfull ability but if you eliminate the yellow web tiles he is not that powwerfull. It is an ability that can be countered.

Well, I hope he is not nerfed to the point of being useless (like Thor).

PD: After nerfing Thor, and if they nerf Spiderman I don't know how I am going to beat 230lvl characters :S
  • xinyucao wrote:
    I went 5/5/3. I am having trouble getting yellow to 10 after the boost nerf.
    So I value cheaper cast more than protect tiles. Too many skill can remove protect tiles. But if not remove, the protection is sweet even with just 2 tiles. 3 might be overprotective.

I've decided to use the power and take my chances with the respec coming eventually to fix characters. I'm trying to win no holds barred and having a power sitting out is bugging me. I fear spidey 5 blue now, but with my own spidey I can neutralize him. Honestly even with blue at 4 I end up perma stunning most teams. I'm very curious if the extra protect tiles will help me on defense in a noticeable way.
  • I went 4/5/4 and am feeling significant upgrader's remorse... The difference between 10 and 11 AP to heal is miniscule, especially after you've got the team stun locked. Had no idea how high those protect tiles can scale up with a few web tiles on the board...

Definitely should go 3/5/5 unless the upcoming nerf dictates otherwise.
  • I've posted this elsewhere but I think the best nerf to spidey would be to change how his powers scale w/web tiles.
    Healing - heal for x for every two web tiles, removes all web tiles. min x max y
    Stun - 2ap for 1 round + 1 for every two web tiles. places one web tile. (i'd be ok with this costing 3ap as well
    Protect got buffed a couple months ago, I think it's in an alright place, though they could scale it back just a little too.

Since spidey relies on web tiles to be effective, he still needs to be able to somewhat spam them or his other two abilities are useless. A protect tile w/out webs out is ****, and healing w/out webs are **** already. In my opinion it's not that any ability on it's own is overly powerful, it's how they scale w/web tiles.
  • bahamut685 wrote:
    According to the character balance queue Modern Hawkeye and X-Force Wolvie are getting buffed before the Spidey/Mags nerf. So we've got 3 or more weeks of 2ap stunning going on.
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2079
    That doesn't say Modern Hawkeye is getting buffed, just balanced... Probably improving his purple and weakening (or upping the countdown) on his other two skills.

I really doubt they would ouright nerf his 2 good abilities, when he's not even played that often. 10 mana is too much for something that has a chance to be matched away. I'm guessing they change it to target tile instead of random and nerf the cd, damage, or cost.
  • grimeon wrote:
    bahamut685 wrote:
    According to the character balance queue Modern Hawkeye and X-Force Wolvie are getting buffed before the Spidey/Mags nerf. So we've got 3 or more weeks of 2ap stunning going on.
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2079
    That doesn't say Modern Hawkeye is getting buffed, just balanced... Probably improving his purple and weakening (or upping the countdown) on his other two skills.

I really doubt they would ouright nerf his 2 good abilities, when he's not even played that often. 10 mana is too much for something that has a chance to be matched away. I'm guessing they change it to target tile instead of random and nerf the cd, damage, or cost.

That's what I'm thinking as well. Allowing you to place the CD would do wonders for his usefulness.
  • If the devs learned something with thor and wolvi aftermath, the nerfed spidey will be 5blue, yellow and purple balanced.
  • Darkon wrote:
    If the devs learned something with thor and wolvi aftermath, the nerfed spidey will be 5blue, yellow and purple balanced.
    I don't really get how one follows the other. I think they need Spiderman at 6 or 7 Blue AP with full team stuns. 5 AP stuns like they are now would be too much of a nerf.
  • I settled for lvl 100, 5,4,4. I obviously regret the point in yellow, but I won the cover. Spidey makes a great teammate for anyone. Hopefully they won't run him.
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    Darkon wrote:
    If the devs learned something with thor and wolvi aftermath, the nerfed spidey will be 5blue, yellow and purple balanced.
    I don't really get how one follows the other. I think they need Spiderman at 6 or 7 Blue AP with full team stuns. 5 AP stuns like they are now would be too much of a nerf.

Thor was an excellent 5/5/3 but they changed him to 3/5/5 annoying the users.

Right now everyone wants/have a x/5/x, i hope that the devs dont screw the users with an optimal build of 5/3/5

Maybe the devs will do something like venom ap reduction until lvl 4 the lvl 5 will be a team stun with a big ap increase.
  • Darkon wrote:
    Thor was an excellent 5/5/3 but they changed him to 3/5/5 annoying the users.

Right now everyone wants/have a x/5/x, i hope that the devs dont screw the users with an optimal build of 5/3/5
    Gotcha, so you don't get locked into a bad build.
  • Such a crutch. If you have 1 you have no fear of being beaten. I have 1 are 3blues. Yes I'm jealous, but I think everyone would admit it's overpowering to stun a WHOLE team with 10 blues for 3+ turns, and 2 members for 6 turn. ... that is without adding a couple blues in the meantime. ...
  • Go away!
    I mean that as nicely as possible.
  • If he gets nerfed quicker, im blaming you.
  • People like the OP are reasons I hate games...If people stopped whining and **** and instead played the game, there would be less nerfing...