Peter's Complete DDQ4 Strategy Guide - Tips for all Matchups

Comments

• whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    I honestly did not expect this to work, but I managed to down HT on my 5th or 6th attempt with a 1/2/2 111 level Thing. Full damage boosts, extra g/b boosts, and g/b AP. Got very lucky with board setup and some cascades, and had enough green to pull off two Yancys.

...and a Chulk blue for my efforts.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry for the delay - working on the tips now.

No worries. I've tried once so far with my Thing at around 130+ (ISO starved again!) and I came remarkably close to beating it. Torch got an Inferno off that I took a while to wipe away, and then, when I had about 1300 life left, he got a neat cascade that left him with 12 green AP, so within two turns I was dead.

Next time, I might try to boost stockpiles instead of damage, but I'm probably going to hold off on further attempts until I get enough ISO to level him up more.
  • Frank NewCastle
    Frank NewCastle Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Beat him on about 5th attempt with a lvl 147 3/2/2 Thing. Boosts aplenty, got lucky on red and green. Played a good game though, and felt ripped off by my 6th Mr Stretchy cover.
  • Clyve
    Clyve Posts: 91
    Beat Torch with my 115 1/3/1 icon_thing.png on the 7th-ish try! Used 1 R/Y AP boost, 5 R/Y dmg boosts, and 5 G/B dmg boosts. I got really lucky on some early cascades and match 4 and 5s. Ended up being able to cast red probably 4 times, and green twice. And .... a blueflag.pngicon_hulkcho.png to celebrate my triumph....
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    About 4 tries using +100% all, +50%r/y, +2r/y my 112 level 94 Thing triumphed. I too received a blueflag.pngicon_hulkcho.png for my efforts.

Think I'd rather have the HP and iso I spent on boosts back please.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    whoami wrote:
    I honestly did not expect this to work, but I managed to down HT on my 5th or 6th attempt with a 1/2/2 111 level Thing. Full damage boosts, extra g/b boosts, and g/b AP. Got very lucky with board setup and some cascades, and had enough green to pull off two Yancys.

...and a Chulk blue for my efforts.

You inspired me. After an abysmal attempt 1st thing this morning I didn't think my 2/1/3 level 131 Thing had a prayer. But I hopped on here to review what worked for others and saw your post. If a 1/2/2 Thing at 111 could do it, so could mine.

Loaded up my damage boosts (all, R/Y, & B/G). Overall things were going well and we were both around 6k when he got enough red for his Fireball. Things seemed like they were going poorly, but I pressed on with barely over 1k in health, got off my abilities and a few decent cascades. Turned things around but he was only one match from Inferno. Had to choose between denying Black or a Green match 4, he got enough AP for Inferno. But the next match gave just enough damage to finish him off.

For my trouble... Black Mr. F.
  • CT1888 wrote:
    About 4 tries using +100% all, +50%r/y, +2r/y my 112 level 94 Thing triumphed. I too received a blueflag.pngicon_hulkcho.png for my efforts.

Think I'd rather have the HP and iso I spent on boosts back please.
    Damn that is impressive. Giving low covered Things inspiration everywhere - nice job!
  • Cousin Simpson
    There I was, down to my last 5 match-all damage boosts... Inferno had been kicking my butt the past ~8 attempts, and now I've got a board that has very little black. I'm able to deny red enough that I can pow Torch in the kisser twice, and match damage has taken him down to under 2K, I throw in a Yancy to bring him down to about 100 life, and then, indignity of indignities, I finish him off with a team-up match!

My Thing still had over 8K life left, so it looks like the match boost helped a lot with a good board.

Got a red X-23! Very good MPQ night for me.
  • Cousin Simpson
    My Flaptain is 2/2/4, and doing some back-of-the-envelope scaling (up to level 168) his Dive Bomb would be 5700 + (868 * # protect tiles), so two or maybe even one would take out Other Cap -- looks doable.

Didn't think about her Energy Absorption re: match damage, thanks for heads up; I might even dust off one of my retired red/all stockpile boosts for as much red as possible.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Flaptain is 2/2/4, and doing some back-of-the-envelope scaling (up to level 168) his Dive Bomb would be 5700 + (868 * # protect tiles), so two or maybe even one would take out Other Cap -- looks doable.

Didn't think about her Energy Absorption re: match damage, thanks for heads up; I might even dust off one of my retired red/all stockpile boosts for as much red as possible.
    That's basically what I did last time - saved up red and yellow AP and calculated when I had enough to take her out in one turn.
  • Pwuz_
    Must be nice to have his Falcon Punch.

My Captain Falcon is sitting around at 2/2/0. Come on RNG, SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!
  • Clyve
    Clyve Posts: 91
    I assume this one is going to be impossible with a 0/3/3 icon_falcon.png. I think if I had just one yellow cover I'd have a shot, but I just don't think red does enough without it.
  • Pwuz_
    Clyve wrote:
    I assume this one is going to be impossible with a 0/3/3 icon_falcon.png. I think if I had just one yellow cover I'd have a shot, but I just don't think red does enough without it.
    Haha, I wish I could trade you one of my Yellow covers for one of your reds.
  • tfaludi
    tfaludi Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    i have beaten the flaptain 4* ddq fight with a level 127 flaptain, covers: 4/3/5
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am struggling with my 5/4/4 level 209 Sam. May level him up a bit...
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Struggled to even get capt marvel down below 10k with my capt falcon level 120 2/5/3 (after a dozen attempts). Spent some ISO to level 138 and beat it second go.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Won on my second attempt with 94 1/2/5 Flaptain, +2r/y, +1 all, denied black then red, gathered red and yellow, had 12 yellow on the board, so yellow into red did about 14k damage to wipe her out. Got hit with Photonic Blasts once but never in danger. 5 red made it absolute skoosh.
  • Just updated the enemy info.

Wiped my first time with my 152, 4/5/4. If I had that 5th red I would have won easily.
  • Antlion
    Antlion Posts: 19
    Took a few attempts for my 5/2/4 level 164 Falcap to beat her. Legendary token gave the fifth red that probably would have helped.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Took 4 tries with 2/4/4 168 FlappyCap. No damage boost (ran out again!), but went +2 all, +2 r/y, +3 r/y (retired boost). Couldn't completely deny black, and she got one Punch off, so I had under 2K health left, but I'd stocked up 30 red and enough yellow to get my shields up on two different occasions (still had 3 left over when I did my thang). First Dive Bomb did 9K damage o_O, so I was pretty happy, but not enough to take a screenshot.