Oscorp Heroic Mode

Comments

• NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    I just realized that the highest ranking character of the guy who leads my bracket (by a measure) is a lvl 54 Bagman icon_lol.gif

Now my theory is that the higher your bagman level, the easier the opponents icon_e_wink.gif
  • Riggy wrote:
    I (and others) would have tried harder, rubberbanding would have kicked in a bit and the higher tiers would have been attainable, I feel.
    There isn't any rubberbanding in this event. Somebody made the math, without cheating it's technically impossible to reach the high level rewards. To succeed you would have to grind all missions down to one point taking at most one hour, exactly every 12 hours, without missing a single participation.
  • Moghwyn wrote:
    Riggy wrote:
    I (and others) would have tried harder, rubberbanding would have kicked in a bit and the higher tiers would have been attainable, I feel.
    There isn't any rubberbanding in this event. Somebody made the math, without cheating it's technically impossible to reach the high level rewards. To succeed you would have to grind all missions down to one point taking at most one hour, exactly every 12 hours, without missing a single participation.
    Really, that's interesting. The announcement said they dialed it back, so I assumed it was still there, at least a little. That's interesting to know, thanks.

At the same time, I can appreciate that they are attempting an event to get rid of the rubberbanding (personally I dislike it). Having unattainable rewards is better than flooding the game with the 4*'s. The alternative was to simply put a 3* at the highest progression levels and lower the bar. I'm fine with the experimental scenario as it is, now that I know it.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moghwyn wrote:
    Riggy wrote:
    Means the winner has to be a no-life person? icon_e_smile.gif
  • So, I think I've got like 400 points, won at least 10 times. How the f*uck can I reach 20000?

Stupid event.

Stupid developers.

Stop making this game unplayable.

Now I can't even connect to the game.
  • jozier wrote:
    There, got my 5th BWGS green from daily rewards. Now to push for 10K and my DD cover.

Enjoy, I hope you have 5 Purple as well. It gets really fun.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Daredevil isn't going to win you anything in this event.

Come on now, when he's required for third of the missions any of which provide about same points of the rest? Ok, make it half of the rest but still.

Play-wise sure he's just ballast but both progression and placement comes from gathered points.

He's required in 3 of the missions, but what I mean is he's not going to win you anything based on his strength. I assume you already have a Daredevil somewhere. If you don't have him then it's pretty tough, but the missions with him sucks because without Sniper Rifle at level 5, GSBW can't do both defense and offense in this tournament so you're either going to have a painfully slow match or you won't have GSBW's ability to dig you out of any green problem tiles, and you've to fight 2 Pyros and 2 Grenadiers in 2 of the DD required missions.

My bracket has 3 guys that are going to break 10K today. Sure wish competition was less intense.
  • DD got me the majority of my points because he has the best farmable missions imo, at least before they fixed the DA missions. I've been using Wolvie+Spidey. Wolvie is still very good. Healing is fine especially when supplemented by Web Bandages.

For the non DD missions, Gsbw + c.Storm is good but imo too slow for me. Been running gsbw + Wolvie and still prefer Feral Claws over Sniper in most cases for the better single target dps and to deny Daken's strike tiles/healing.
  • DD got me the majority of my points because he has the best farmable missions imo, at least before they fixed the DA missions. I've been using Wolvie+Spidey. Wolvie is still very good. Healing is fine especially when supplemented by Web Bandages.

For the non DD missions, Gsbw + c.Storm is good but imo too slow for me. Been running gsbw + Wolvie and still prefer Feral Claws over Sniper in most cases for the better single target dps and to deny Daken's strike tiles/healing.

What level are the 2 DD required mission for you? The're like around level 210 for me, so the Pyro/Grenadier usually kills someone in one hit and other two to the verge fo death (the tiles they destroyed is extra damage to whoever is in front), which makes not having GSBW really bad. If i can take 2 Rockets/Flamethrowers, they'd be a lot easier, but that hasn't happened except on the first day of the event I think. I mean, I can still beat them, but you've to retreat pretty often if that green tile doesn't cooperate. Also doesn't help there's still no way to tell which of the Pyro/Grenadier owns the tile, as usually I have enough to stun the villian + 1 minion, but I can't tell which one to stun and if I guess wrong, it's guaranteed lose (or retreat).
  • someguy321 wrote:
    So, I think I've got like 400 points, won at least 10 times. How the f*uck can I reach 20000?

Stupid event.

Stupid developers.

Nah.. I really like it. I got 6200 and comfortable 1st place over 2k on 2nd. Don't have to grind all day all night to get top prizes icon_e_smile.gif.

PS: Who get (sarcastic joke) all 3 wolvies ?
  • The Ladder wrote:
    I'm intrigued - is anybody playing against high level baddies with a party not containing Spider-Man? I'm struggling to see how they are even viable without copious stun, based on my own experiences.

I've got a 1/2/1 level 30 Spidey, and anything with Daken over 160 is impossible. His healing factor outpaces my damage, and one or two green matches creates enough strike tiles to destroy my team in a single cascade.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Moghwyn wrote:
    Riggy wrote:

Math was actually a little better. 4800 for three times each mission for 12 of the 15 possible resets.

That's about 600 missions. I take about 10 min per level 230 clear, so I could ave pulled it off in about 100 hours of real time play over 5 days.

icon_eek.gif
  • This is my first time doing an event in this game and I have a question on the prizes. Let's say this event ends and I am at rank 50. Will I only get the one prize at rank 50 or will I get all the prizes from each ranking tier up to rank 50? Thanks!
  • Reshi wrote:
    This is my first time doing an event in this game and I have a question on the prizes. Let's say this event ends and I am at rank 50. Will I only get the one prize at rank 50 or will I get all the prizes from each ranking tier up to rank 50? Thanks!

Just the prize listed at 50.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Ladder wrote:
    I'm intrigued - is anybody playing against high level baddies with a party not containing Spider-Man? I'm struggling to see how they are even viable without copious stun, based on my own experiences.

I've got a 1/2/1 level 30 Spidey, and anything with Daken over 160 is impossible. His healing factor outpaces my damage, and one or two green matches creates enough strike tiles to destroy my team in a single cascade.

Use black widows purple ability to overwrite all the yellow tiles with green. He kills himself.
  • How do I recruit daredevil for the event mission?
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:

Use black widows purple ability to overwrite all the yellow tiles with green. He kills himself.

I like it. But um...my GSBW is in the same spot as my Spidey. So really, I'm just out of this one.
  • How do I recruit daredevil for the event mission?

Open up your wallet...you gotta buy him from a pack if he is not given to you by the level.
  • Polkio wrote:
    someguy321 wrote:
    So, I think I've got like 400 points, won at least 10 times. How the f*uck can I reach 20000?

Stupid event.

Stupid developers.

Nah.. I really like it. I got 6200 and comfortable 1st place over 2k on 2nd. Don't have to grind all day all night to get top prizes icon_e_smile.gif.

PS: Who get (sarcastic joke) all 3 wolvies ?
    How you do that? If all the missions give 100 points at most...
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    someguy321 wrote:
    How you do that? If all the missions give 100 points at most...
    The missions with DA and HAMMER goons range from between 80-200 points each. Those are a bit tough for me even with boosts, as completing them hugely depends on whether you get nice colors on the board to begin with.