Forget 5*s?

Options
bOmbast
bOmbast Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
edited March 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I have a couple of questions I hope someone could help me with.

Here's my roster, I'm on day 127 and underway with my 3* transition:

http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/bOmbast/

1. So far, I've drawn four 5* covers. Have read about scaling issues and have been wary of rostering them. Tried last week when I pulled a black Spidey cover and rostered him, but found the jump in opponent levels too steep and sold him. So, for the foreseeable future, I will keep my Command Points and not bother buying LTs with them. My questions is this: At what level do your roster have to be to really benefit from rostering 5*s instead of suffering for it? Decent 3* roster with quite a few 3* champions? Well into 4* transition? I don't even know if I'll be playing the game in 1-2-3 years, so I'd like to keep it as enjoyable as possible in the present.

2. As you can see, I've only got one fully covered 3*, but a handful I could level above my 2* champions. For now, I've chosen not to level them above my 2*s, and instead keep it tight and hoard ISO. Should I continue taking it step by step, or do you recommend leveling my highest 3*s as high as I can as soon as I can?

Thanks icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    keep doing what you're doing. popular stopping points for leveling include level 94, 104, and 120. then 140. then 166. I used this tiering system when I was moving up and it worked well. I'd keep getting the 3s to 120. continue to chase iso - ultimately down the road it will be what limits you, even when you can bring covers in at will. once you have a good set of 3s to 120. take some top ones to 140. that is about the point where I pushed a pvp pair higher, and eventually maxed. only thing I'd point out - don't choose any non-top-tier to be one of the first to take the next tier. i.e. don't choose gsbw or marvel to be the first to take up a tier. in 3* land most top teams revolve around fist. im40 changes up some of the 'top tier' dynamic too. key 3* characters are fist, cyke, cmags, cage, kk, witch, im40, panther, and steve (along with hood).

regarding when you're ready for 5s - I think when you have a good stable of 166+s where a couple are likely boosted every week (scaling in the mid-200s), then adding a 5* at 255 doesn't increase anything. you might be able to get away with it when you get that stable to 140, but I'd wait until they were maxed. by then you'll have a ton of LTs from champing your characters and once you're really ready, you can really kick off your 4* transition with an LT party. in the meantime keep plugging along and have fun with it.
  • bOmbast
    bOmbast Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    That all makes sense, thanks a lot!