Is it worth the time to do all the quest objectives?

Options
Reminator
Reminator Posts: 13
edited March 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I'm just thinking is it worth the time and effort to do the objectives for the yellow crystals? The annoying ones are sacrifice and destroyer and I don't want to take the time to make a deck just for the objectives.

Anyone else feel the same or do you think it's worth the effort?

Comments

• Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    Options
    Compared to what?

15 crystals is not a lot, but it's a unique source of them.

I found it fun to make decks for the objectives.

"Is it worth the effort" is a weird question for a game. If you don't find it fun, the answer is no. Play something else.
  • Wait, you mean there are actually people out there having fun by playing games? I have to try that for sure...
  • Reminator
    Options
    Well I mean is it worth investing time into the objectives or doing PvP. In terms of crystal grabbing. I like playing. I'm just wondering if my time is better used in doing the PvP events.
  • Personally, I'd say if your goal is crystals then PvP is what you want. It's just way more boring. In PvP you pretty much play the same deck over and over and try to stay in a certain bracket. Finishing the challenges requires more strategy and in essence more time as it may take a lot of attempts and tweaks to complete. But I found it more rewarding. But really it's just preference.
  • Reminator
    Options
    gallichant wrote:
    Personally, I'd say if your goal is crystals then PvP is what you want. It's just way more boring. In PvP you pretty much play the same deck over and over and try to stay in a certain bracket. Finishing the challenges requires more strategy and in essence more time as it may take a lot of attempts and tweaks to complete. But I found it more rewarding. But really it's just preference.

Cool, thanks! That was the kind of answer I was looking for. I'll probably at least finish the story and do the objectives I can, but mostly focus on PvP.
  • The_Leftist
    The_Leftist Posts: 224
    Options
    Look at it this way.

Grind PvP with the same old decks playing people with likely similair decks for hours and days to get 30/30/60 gold.

Create unique decks for situations (I'm thinking no more than 5 minutes to craft a deck for a particular scenario, that's assuming you don't craft one that can take care of multiple scenarios [Jace is very good for this]) and get 15 Gold per objective. I found it pretty easily to get at least 4-5 objectives done per day, and my time is rather restricted with me taking care of the kids and whatnot.

So, boring grinding for 120 gold per week that takes a lot of time

Or

Creative playing for (at 3 objectives per day) 315 gold per week for little time invested

I would say it's worth it.

Just a suggestion. If you are playing pvp for gold, then you are going to hit the point where you can't play because it will put you at 16th or above. Use this time to craft a deck and get objectives out of the way.

Also, suggestions for objectives:

Commander: Hangerback Walker/Any card that summons thoptors. Each thoptor counts as a creature summoned, so summoning hangerback and killing him (Liliana/Chandra?) will be enough to beat the objective

Destory/Sacrifice X creatures: With the current bug, sacrifice actually only counts when an opponents creature is destoryed - Chandra (Burn spells), Liliana (Death spells), Gideon (Guardian of Meletis + 3rd Ability buff and 1st ability buff, followed by supports and 2nd Ability buffs for a near indestructible wall that can't attack)

Win in X turns: Nissa (only save up for 2nd ability). Can take a lot of tries at chapter 3, but a good starting hand with a near epic first turn cascade or match 5 will get the job done

Cast X spells: Chandra (Burn), Jace (Bounce/Turn to frog/Drain mana)

Survive with x life: Use Gideon and immediately quit the game. He will end up with low life. Start a new game, and cancel all cards until the enemy hits you once to put you under. Then summon your whole hand and use first strike or defenders to beast your way to victory

Take x damage: Orbs of warding or Lifelink. It doesn't matter how much life you have, only that at some point you took that much damage.

Cast X supports: Jace (control the game with claustrophobia and bounce while waiting for supports), Gideon (starfield of nyx, cheap supports, focus on destroying your own supports to recast them with nyx)
  • Looks like sacrifice now actually counts your own creatures as it should.
  • The_Leftist
    The_Leftist Posts: 224
    Options
    Nice! Its been awhile since I had to do it but

Sacrifice: Jace (Scaab Goliath-use him to destory himself, turn to frog - again, on your own creature since it counts as a kill), Chandra (Burn your own defensite creatures if they don't die destroying any oppositional creatures, Nissa (Goggles + Aurora), Gideon (Murder investigation + Soldier support that gives defender + Brawlers), Liliana (Unholy hunger + any creatures/spells that make you sacrifice a creature)
  • I think white is the easiest on this. Murder investigation + giving 3 rd ability to opponents ceeature or disable and swift reckoning own creature. Making opponent creatures indestructible for a turn.
    . So many options. And it doesn't hurt to use creatures that doesn't attack to have all the time.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Reminator wrote:
    I'm just thinking is it worth the time and effort to do the objectives for the yellow crystals?
    Meh. It was fun to try to squeeze them all in before they switched the 2nd rewards from an awesome 8 manacrystal.png to a sadly worthless 250 manarune.png (seriously - one QB is worth more and much easier), but since the change it just doesn't seem worth it. Sometimes I cherry pick a few of the 15 manacrystal.png ones if I'm close to a big box, just to speed it up, but the rewards are generally so bad it's hard to get motivated. But, as someone else said, if you enjoy playing then you enjoy playing, and the rewards are just icing. I wish they'd change it back to manacrystal.png though. Part of me is delaying on getting the rewards in case they do.

As for which PW is best, I tend to use red a lot so I find her pretty good at getting a lot of them. She can control the board with no creatures out fairly well, which allows you to let rounds pass, kill enemy creatures, or summon your own and then kill them immediately without killing the opponent. Technically she can also beat herself up really easily too, but allowing the opponent to hit you is still easier. She can't heal, though, so you just have to have more HP than you need to start with when the goal is to take damage.
  • Nerimos wrote:
    Looks like sacrifice now actually counts your own creatures as it should.

Sorry, I was wrong. Looks like not all sacrifice objectives are broken
    But some still count as destroyer missions.
    I thought they fixed all of them because I found 1 mission that's working as it should (Lilliana act1, part1, mission8).

Not sure if this one always worked or if they only fixed 1 which is both weird.