***** Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) *****

Comments

• OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    4-tiles at 5 purple for Green. Red/Yellow/Black are the only colors that improve any after 3 colors (and those only by about 10% which seems crazy low).

Thanks. It looks like any build above 4/4/3 will be fine.
  • FierceKiwi wrote:
    4-tiles at 5 purple for Green. Red/Yellow/Black are the only colors that improve any after 3 colors (and those only by about 10% which seems crazy low).
    Thanks. It looks like any build above 4/4/3 will be fine.
    Well, because red, yellow and black are the only ones with numbers instead of "quantity/turn" related to them Id say its fair enough those are the only ones to get a boost on last cover. And because its 3 tiles then a 10% increase on each means even more realistically speaking, to not mention that 10% when talking about thousands is nice.

I forgot to check my tiles before putting an extra cover on him, hes 451 now, but the stats at 5 covers are:
    Red: 10050 damage // Yellow: 1452 strenght protect // Black: 1452 strenght strike

While not overwhealmingly superior a boost is a boost, so why not? To be fair most 5* powers are very strong at all points on high levels, build discussion is more to see the absolute best, and for this its easy to see in his case as the yellow power is the least useful at 5 compared to the others in most cases.

Using purple + yellow gives a small window to have them negated (1 turn), and unless the AI cascades its hard for it to not get them all to trigger. Even without yellow, after one turn they all get fortified to its pretty hard to get rid of those tiles before they go off.
  • CloudTactics
    CloudTactics Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2016
    After using a 5-5-3 GG, and every single bomb color from his purple, here's my view of them. Note - besides black and yellow, I made a team to support each bomb color.

redflag.png Red - AWESOME! I destroy OMLs and Black Spidey. This, along with his black (glider, not the bomb), makes him the best damage dealer in the game. At level 450/550, each bomb does ~11k/22k damage, for a total of 33k/66k.

purpleflag.png Purple - Meh. The tooltop is correct. Each bomb steals 3 AP from 3 random colors. That means 9 AP total per bomb. That's a potential of 27 AP drain. Yes, drain means steal. It's not bad, I'm usually able to fire off 1-2 powers after this goes off, but I could've killed at least one of their guys with red bombs instead of stalling with this.

blueflag.png Blue - Disappointing. If I need a stun, it means I need a stun RIGHT NOW. "Each bomb stuns a random enemy for 2 turns". Not sure why they even did that, because it's functionally no different than a 2-turn enemy team stun (unless they match away some bombs). If 2 of them land on the same target, it's still a 2 turn stun. No stacking. I tried making a stunlock team with this. It didn't work.

yellowflag.pngblackflag.png Yellow and black - Disappointing. Cost + countdown is just too much effort for 3 tiles. At level 450/550, each bomb makes a 1400/3112 protect/strike tile. That's a total of 4200/9336 protect/strike boost. While on paper, that is higher than the 3200/7200 boost from OML, OML is cheaper, and no cd tile. Also, you'll want to match as many blacks as you can for the glider power. OML is better if you want to center your strategy on strike tiles. Didn't build a team for this because the math says no. Criticism on this is welcome.

greenflag.png Green - Disappointing. Each bomb destroys 4 random tiles specials included), and deals damage for each tile destroyed. No ap generated. This one just isn't as good as the red bomb. Built a team for this using OML. Goal was to have powerful cascades due to 5* match damage and OML strike tiles. Green bombs just don't destroy enough tiles to cause enough cascades. Unless you have the black strike tiles from OML or GG, each bomb would need to create 4 matches from cascades to out damage red bombs. This is WITH the help of 5-red OML strike tiles.
  • CloudTactics
    CloudTactics Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Bomb review aside, I have a very high opinion of GG. I will still climb with OML due to his true heals, but if I see a scary team, (I keep getting lvl 500+ OML-phoenix-black Spiderman), GG is my go to.

While I still wreck that team with my OML team, my GG team does it better and faster. GG is THE character to use if you must win a particular pvp match.

Can't comment on pve.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bomb review aside, I have a very high opinion of GG. I will still climb with OML due to his true heals, but if I see a scary team, (I keep getting lvl 500+ OML-phoenix-black Spiderman), GG is my go to.

While I still wreck that team with my OML team, my GG team does it better and faster. GG is THE character to use if you must win a particular pvp match.

Can't comment on pve.

Yeah I also think he is really good, really fast. OML has a far superior damage output in general and heals, but he needs to transform first, so that is 4-5 turns where GG can really screw you. As I said before OML still better, but by a very small margin, GG is so fast ...

Again, I think he doesnt have green so he is not the best pair for OML icon_razz.gif

PS: This is the first 5 I NEED to have after OML was released, and of course I still have not pulled any cover from him icon_e_sad.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled GG purpleflag.png yesterday from the leg token I got from Groot's pve. At first I was disappointed because I still need an OML yellow, but at least I didn't get GG yellow.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Pulled GG purpleflag.png yesterday from the leg token I got from Groot's pve. At first I was disappointed because I still need an OML yellow, but at least I didn't get GG yellow.

Ummm.. you can't get OML from the Latest tokens since GG was put in them. He is only available in Classic tokens now.
  • Thanos wrote:
    From the "interview" about Green Goblin:

"
    Err...why would Cap hate getting his Red and Blue AP back? And I'm shocked they didn't mention that you can protect Starlord's countdowns. After all, everyone goes well with Starlord, right?

Sarcasm me thinks.

I think it's more "Steve Rodgers hates working with this truly evil buttmunch" then "Steve hates having useful teammates".

Norman's kinda a prick. A useful prick, but still a prick.
  • He is fun to play with.
    Unfortunately as you play with 5* mostly against 5*, his weak point is, that he is the only 5* who doesn't heal or regenerate/reborn, so his HP are running down quickly and you will be healing him every second battle.
    And I still can not find really good partner to him...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    He is fun to play with.
    Unfortunately as you play with 5* mostly against 5*, his weak point is, that he is the only 5* who doesn't heal or regenerate/reborn, so his HP are running down quickly and you will be healing him every second battle.
    Back in Black Spider-man doesn't heal or regenerate/reborn, does he? He does have invisibility to protect him though...
  • Quebbster wrote:
    He is fun to play with.
    Back in Black Spider-man doesn't heal or regenerate/reborn, does he? He does have invisibility to protect him though...

True, but he is more support character and i don't use him cause I don't have him maxed...
  • I used him (553 lv451) a dozen times together with OML and used one pack, because the AI cascaded after the enemy OML had used his black twice. Besides that, if health is a concern you can just use his purple on yellow, but honestly he deals so much damage that battles end FAST. Faster than ever to be exact, a single black in the PvP featured character usually is enough, then OML heals less and gets easier to take down, then Phoenix (thats what I usually see, Surfers are not rare but uncommon).
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Level 4: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect.
    Level 5: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, all of Green Goblin’s pumpkin bombs get stronger.
    Max Level
    Level 3: Creates 3 3-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect.
    Level 4: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, all of Green Goblin’s pumpkin bombs get stronger.
    Level 5: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, and Yellow, Red and Black pumpkin bombs get stronger!

Which one is true?
  • D4Ni13
    Osborn uses his maniacal genius to manipulate those around him. Reduce up to 3 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn.

(PASSIVE) At the start of your turn, Fortify 2 random friendly Countdown tiles. Fortified tiles must be matched twice to remove them.

Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Reduce up to 3 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 2 random friendly Countdown tiles.

What's the difference between level 1 and 2?
  • D4Ni13
    Level 3: Reduce up to 3 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles.
    Level 4: Reduce up to 4 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Reduce up to 64
    Level 5: Reduce up to 64 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and(PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles.
    Max Level
    Level 3: Reduce up to 3 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles.
    Level 4: Reduce up to 4 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles.
    Level 5: Reduce up to 64 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles.

Typo at level 4 (not maxed).

Are you sure that's a 64 an not a 6?
  • mmrosek
    mmrosek Posts: 40
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    Level 4: Reduce up to 4 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Reduce up to 64
    Level 5: Reduce up to 64 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and(PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles.
    Max Level
    Level 4: Reduce up to 4 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles.
    Level 5: Reduce up to 64 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles.

I think that's their way of saying "all friendly tiles" (since there are 64 tiles total).
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    Level 4: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect.
    Level 5: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, all of Green Goblin’s pumpkin bombs get stronger.
    Max Level
    Level 3: Creates 3 3-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect.
    Level 4: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, all of Green Goblin’s pumpkin bombs get stronger.
    Level 5: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, and Yellow, Red and Black pumpkin bombs get stronger!

Which one is true?

Option 2 Only Red/Yellow/Black get better. Also the all bombs get stronger should be attached to level 3 not 4.
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    Max Level

Yep level 4 that should say Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles...but for inexplicable reasons it has the start of Level 5 typed out instead *shrug*.

Nope it sure is 64...actually in game it might read all idr...but same thing really.

You're welcome d3 once again I'm doing your work for you. icon_lol.gif
  • bbf2
    bbf2 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Does anyone have a screenshot or video of him firing his purple? I kind of want to see what it looks like when you choose what color you want to use
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    bbf2 wrote:
    Does anyone have a screenshot or video of him firing his purple? I kind of want to see what it looks like when you choose what color you want to use

It's not amazing, he just flies to the screen. From what I recall, it's just his standing still art getting bigger. When the bombs go off they just have a pumpkin icon and they make that fizzle out sound that 4Pool's CFW uses when they run out. I've tried it on two colours and they've done the same both times.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    bbf2 wrote:

This weekend I will try to get my green goblin video up. I still haven't found my headset since moving, so I can't really make a full character analysis video without it.