Is there a way to raise chance to get OBW?

undrtaker
undrtaker Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
edited February 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Any specific story, pvp or any way to get her? I got all the 2* a while ago, but no sign of her icon_e_sad.gif

Comments

• bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    That's just bad luck...I get like 2 a day of her
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Try to hit as many of the lightning rounds as you can for all the seed matches. That is where I have been getting the majority of my 2* covers lately.
  • undrtaker
    undrtaker Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    ok, noob question. what are lightning rounds?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Check the Versus tab on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

There are guides in the Tips & Guides forum on how to get the most out of lightning rounds.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    any versus match (we call it pvp) has a chance after the match of a 'drop'. that 'drop' can be boosts, iso, std token, or a cover. many are covers and some of those are 2* covers. to increase your chance at obw, play as many versus matches as you can. lightning rounds give you an advantage there because if you can enter an LR in the first minute, you could get several easily beatable seed teams. its where most of the guys at the top go to farm iso. other than that, wait for a pve or pvp event that awards her and try and place accordingly. meet rocket and groot had mnmags/ares progression and thor placement. oscorp will have thor/bulleye progression and cstorm placement. obw will get her turn.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Yep, start hitting those LRs and you'll be swimming in OBW covers (and ISO, provided you swim in a kiddie pool). Just get in there the second it opens so you can beat down the seed teams. Even if you need the loaner 3*, it sounds like you're at least a 2* player, so you should be able to mop up a few - maybe even all 10 - before taking any hits.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    undrtaker wrote:
    ok, noob question. what are lightning rounds?
    Lighting Rounds start every other hour (10am Tuesday MST for me) - lasts 90 minutes (so 30 minutes of time between rounds).

If you join as soon as the hour rolls over, you get multiple nodes of "seed" teams... very easy to take down, even with a 1* roster. Hit all the seeds then wait two hours.

(I actually setup alarms at 1:58, 3:58, 5:58, etc) to remind myself to log into the game to have it open with the new LR "refreshes".

Typical Rewards:
    70 ISO
    140 ISO
    250 ISO
    1* cover
    2* cover
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    alaeth wrote:
    Typical Rewards:
    70 ISO
    140 ISO
    250 ISO
    1* cover
    2* cover

Don't forget the bonus 30 ISO for not skipping when fighting the seeds. It adds up.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    not listed is std tokens and ap/damage/crit boosts. those dilute the drops some (not the tokens but the boosts are always disappointing).