3rd objective - 2nd story lvl often impossible

EDL666
EDL666 Posts: 73
edited March 2016 in MtGPQ Tips & Guides
Okay, I know I'm a new player and I may not know everything there is to know, please forgive my lack of knowledge.

So, it is very often impossible to kill 6 creatures in the second story level because the AI just matches gems without ever playing anything, even with the hand full of mana. I don't know why it happens, but it just leaves me with passing the turn infinitely or just burning him down to start over without ever completing the objective... Am I missing something?

Comments

• Sometimes you just have to play the same story 20 times before you can beat one of the objectives. I find I have to tweak, tweak, then tweak again in order to beat just one of the objectives in some of the scenarios.

Lieguld
  • I have beaten all the story objectives so none of them are impossible. But yes, you usually have to play them over and over tweaking your deck along the way to complete them. In the situation you describe, the AI doesn't discard anything so its getting stuck with a handful of situational cards like boosts for a creature or creature removal. You have to try to remember what is in their deck so you can give the AI a reason to play something when it stalls like this. The downside is that sometimes when they get a creature to cast they empty their hand on it and kill you. For these kill x creature objectives I used Jace most of the time with Displacement Wave. When they have a creature out and full hand I cast the wave and it counts as a kill since they don't have room to return it. I'd also use Day's Undoing to rest their hand and keep them from holding a bunch of useless cards.
  • EDL666
    EDL666 Posts: 73
    By impossible I meant that in this particular instance, I would never have the possibility of actually killing 6 creatures. Thanks for the tips to work around it, but it feels absurd the AI(I believe it's trying to win) would keep cards it can't cast while I just burn it down.
  • I've even had to level up other PWs in order to complete some objectives with a different deck type

Lieguld
  • ChrisTot
    ChrisTot Posts: 167
    EDL666 wrote:
    By impossible I meant that in this particular instance, I would never have the possibility of actually killing 6 creatures. Thanks for the tips to work around it, but it feels absurd the AI(I believe it's trying to win) would keep cards it can't cast while I just burn it down.

1/4 Guardians that won't attack + supports + Helm of the gods and then after enough creatures have died, summon your own guy to finish the job off. If you start the game off with a creature that's unopposed, it WILL be near impossible to not win too quickly, you're right.
  • nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    I agree that the kill X number of opponents creature objectives are awful because they take forever to cast that many creatures. On a few I've used the black spell Necromantic Summons to revive their creatures so I had targets to kill.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    To speed up these match ups, I use Liliana's spell that resurrects a creature on each side.
  • played this level x times without succes thn i tried this desk and done on 1st attempt...
    its really easy with Jace and turn the frog card
    Easy deck
    3x Creatures
    Hangarback Walker {can be any attacker, just quicker finish with this one, switch off, fill later with mana and keep one this card, you need it when you kill 6creatures]
    Guardians of Meletis and Nivix Barrier /defenders cant attack, keep creating them...

6x Support
    Caves of Koilos, Shivan reef, Yavimaya coast, mega ring network/ pump your mana,,,, use cards what you have
    claustrophobia, brawlers plate / really dont need them, just whatever else can be use.. trick is just creating supports and waiting for enemy attacker

1x spell
    Turn the frog / when creature show up use this card, thn use 2nd ability, you should have easy 30/30 also use 1st ability when you are run out of turn the frog, this let your defender up.... patience and repeat icon_e_smile.gif when you kill 6 creatures active your first attackers and kill enemy...

maybe its possible without turn the frog too, cause defenders protect your health so always 80/80... idk use this card if you have it, faster..

hope i help to sum1
    btw: english insn my mothertonque so i hope you can understand icon_cool.gif