Quitting, but not what you think

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I've been becoming more and more frustrated with the game while reading this forum, and as such I've decided I need to quit ....the forum. (I'll likely lurk on the announcements to keep up with what's going on though)

Does anyone care that I'm leaving? Not really, so why announce it? Not like I've been overly active. I think perhaps there are some others that should consider this as well. Not everyone obviously, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who is getting too worked up by reading the posts here. The thing is when I read the posts, I start taking this game way too seriously. I've had a good deal of fun over the last couple of months, and I'll keep playing the game as long as I'm enjoying it, as well as possibly throwing some additional money at it as the enjoyment warrants. If the greed for money ends up completely undermining the fun in the game, there are literally hundreds of other games out there, so no worries from me.

anyway good luck to you all, and I may poke my head back in a few weeks. (not that anybody cares)

Comments

• I'll miss you....whoever you are......Bob???
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The truth of what has happened to this game hurts. I can assure you before Janurary and all the changes all the comments were more of a suggestion box. Sure some things were not perfect. But now things are broken and worst of all the game isn't fun.
  • danikalil
    Options
    Maybe that's what I should do too...quit the forum, since there's no reply at all from the devs, and it seems like my money went up the flue anyway. But I suppose I must be a bit of a sadist, because I just want to hear the devs' explanation to all this nonsense. Someday they'll probably have to say something.
  • This has become more of a place to vent than anything else. I find I feel (slightly) better knowing so many others are in the same boat.
  • Kiamodo
    Options
    Typhon13 wrote:
    This has become more of a place to vent than anything else. I find I feel (slightly) better knowing so many others are in the same boat.

Yep
  • Hell, reading these forums all day has been more fun than the game all weekend! The sheer spite and negativity....mmmm so delicious.
  • Kiamodo
    Options
    This whole game is like some college psychology experient where they get people addicted to something then ruin their addiction. There will be a paper written on this game.
  • Hell, reading these forums all day has been more fun than the game all weekend! The sheer spite and negativity....mmmm so delicious.

I guess we should be all be happy and hand out balloons and suckers for the game we paid for and cannot play. icon_lol.gif

I guess we should be all be happy and hand out balloons and suckers for the game we paid for and cannot play. icon_lol.gif

Eh, I'll be able to play it sometime soon. I've spent way too much money on this thing to just stop. Tonight I'll do some more No Holds Barred and try and get some Hood covers. Tomorrow, I'll read more forums, laugh, get angry, get disappointed and then go get a pizza and watch a movie.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds like we might need to start an MPQ anonymous.
  • There is one on Line
  • Kiamodo wrote:
    The truth of what has happened to this game hurts. I can assure you before Janurary and all the changes all the comments were more of a suggestion box. Sure some things were not perfect. But now things are broken and worst of all the game isn't fun.

+1

I definitely feel the game is less fun. I used to be pretty excited to pick up the ipad and play this all the time. Now its feels pretty discouraging. Its not a good feeling to know that a character you spent time developing could be useless at anytime. Its like playing Final Fantasy 7 all over again. You build Aeris up to this awesome healer and the she gets SephiNerfed...
  • I'll miss you....whoever you are......Bob???

Ugh, now I want Bob, Agent of HYDRA in this game now. He could be the 1* Bagman!
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ebodibo wrote:
    SephiNerfed...