*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Comments

• KLoganR wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    I need to know how this character is going to change with funbalancing. I have a purple cover and an expiration time. Will purple get stronger? I think devs should communicate changes coming about characters as early as possible.

In the same boat as you. I have a 2/3/3 right now with a purple in the bank. I'm thinking I'll end up using it before it expires unless an argument is made otherwise.

I'm 5/4/3, so I was originally waiting for another blue. But blue is good now, and purple might be better once it's rebalanced. I'm at lvl 97', and trying to get spidey to lvl 100. Devs, throw us a bone...
  • No one knows, but if you want my opinion, blue will get nerfed. Does that mean you shouldn't take blue to 5? I'd say you still should if you value stun, as it prolly just means that you'll need 5 for it to be good.
  • I'm kind of chuckling on the inside about this. Even though everyone knows that Spidey's stun is OP, (most) everyone is still addicted to it like a crackhead. Once they change it everyone will flip out.

Personally, I hope they keep it the same. He's very hard to get (took me four months of playing to get all the blues) and it doesn't really have an unfair impact on competitive play. It's his healing power that does that.

They need to revert stun back to how it used to be. Where it has no effect on countdown tiles. That's really where it's OP.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    They have to leave him something. He's a three-star character. He's got no offensive powers to speak of. If they nerf his healing and increase the cost of his stun, that has the potential to render him useless.
  • As it is now, it is not even clear if he will be the next to be up for balancing. Any of the suspects on the list could be next, buffed or nerfed was my guess?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I'm kind of chuckling on the inside about this. Even though everyone knows that Spidey's stun is OP, (most) everyone is still addicted to it like a crackhead. Once they change it everyone will flip out.
    I use him quite regularly (I didn't until the RNG in its infinite wisdom gave me two blue covers back-to-back for heroic tokens one beautiful morning, about six weeks back, and my fifth and final one just a few days later), but I totally agree he's OP. I won't flip out when they rebalance him, because other players will have to change their strategy as well. Until, then, I lean on him far more than I ever leaned on Thorverine

I just hope the new design doesn't make me too anxious for respec.
  • Change the Blue to 6AP, which stuns the opposing team for 1 turn per web tile, adds 1 web tile to the board. Makes the stun slower to get going and harder to maintain, and less web tiles on the board also reduces the healing done. The would need to tweak his purple to reduce the web tiles needed slightly. Something like this would address the issues without destroying him.
  • Jester Day wrote:
    As it is now, it is not even clear if he will be the next to be up for balancing. Any of the suspects on the list could be next, buffed or nerfed was my guess?
    They are doing the sandwich tactic to lessen negative impact, meaning they are alternating between buffs and nerfs. Buffs is next, so we're probably going to get an improvement for ****-Wolvie.
  • I think he will still have the best stunning capabilities, but it will just be scaled to the 5 AP minimum. M.bw has a decent stun for 9 AP, no way it will be any worse than her stun.
  • This still doesn't address whether I should use my 4th purple cover. With no respec, the slot Is worth more than the power. With respec, I'm losing the benefits of that extra protection tile. Can anyone with 4 or 5 purple speak to how much more useful he is with 3 tiles vs two?
  • I went 4/5/4 with my build and I have been happy with it, and that extra protect tile can make a massive difference over long matches.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    klingsor wrote:
    This still doesn't address whether I should use my 4th purple cover. With no respec, the slot Is worth more than the power. With respec, I'm losing the benefits of that extra protection tile. Can anyone with 4 or 5 purple speak to how much more useful he is with 3 tiles vs two?
    One thing I really like about having three tiles is greater flexibility to match one of the early weak tiles and generate a new one with more web tiles out.
  • DUM DUM DUUUMMMMMMMMMMM *tune in next week for more nerfing action*

unnamed.jpg
  • According to the character balance queue Modern Hawkeye and X-Force Wolvie are getting buffed before the Spidey/Mags nerf. So we've got 3 or more weeks of 2ap stunning going on.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2079
  • By the gods of Odin, aka Odin Allfather? Who would be Odin's gods?

Unless all the Norse gods are Odin's gods (i.e., his kids), in which case Thor would be swearing by/to himself?
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Forge wrote:
    By the gods of Odin, aka Odin Allfather? Who would be Odin's gods?

Unless all the Norse gods are Odin's gods (i.e., his kids), in which case Thor would be swearing by/to himself?

In the hierarchy, I believe those who stand in shadow were above the Norse gods and responsible for the ragnarok cycle to keep the Norse gods in line. I'm not if those who stand in shadow are also above the Greek and roman gods.

And then ere is the all father, who is above all and would be the creator god of our religions. I don't think they have ever declared which religion.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    According to the character balance queue Modern Hawkeye and X-Force Wolvie are getting buffed before the Spidey/Mags nerf. So we've got 3 or more weeks of 2ap stunning going on.
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2079
    That doesn't say Modern Hawkeye is getting buffed, just balanced... Probably improving his purple and weakening (or upping the countdown) on his other two skills.
  • I went 5/5/3. I am having trouble getting yellow to 10 after the boost nerf.
    So I value cheaper cast more than protect tiles. Too many skill can remove protect tiles. But if not remove, the protection is sweet even with just 2 tiles. 3 might be overprotective.
  • the dev hate spiderman not because of his stunlocks. but his recovery ability icon_lol.gif no buying health packs if u got spidey. even at 3 yellow it's still very good. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • I can pretty much guarantee that Spidey will get both his stuns and his healing nerfed. His stuns will go to a minimum of 5AP, while his healing will no longer be anywhere near as powerful. D3 want us to take lots of damage, and Spidey can negate that by stunlocking the opposition and healing his teammates before the final blow (something I'm sure we all do). D3 will remove that ability, I'm 100% sure of it.