Vision (Android Avenger) Updates Coming Soon

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* and certainly 5* players are rarely using 3s, except for maybe those with good AP acceleration skills. The reality is of the 3 buffs thus far, Quicksilver was met with the same "meh," and the only reason IM40 seems awesome now is because now he pumps out AP to use with the 4/5* characters. Nobody even cares what they changed about his red/blue, which really were 'meh' changes also.
    People being meh about those didn't mean they were right.

I mean, Vision looks extremely niche, for 2-3 star transitioners or heavily boosted, and won't play well with 4-5 stars due to the need for tanking and the tiered damage changes. But Quicksilver became a lot more usable, and Iron Man's Unibeam damage is comparable to Righteous Uppercut.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    I was hoping that they would have addressed the need for Vision to tank to get the benefits of his CD powers.
    They could have done something like "+X boost for allies, but +Y for Vision", with Y being noticeably stronger. That alone would have been much more usable than this. They could have doubled the values, and it still wouldn't have been much of an improvement because he has to tank multiple colors to get any decent return on investment.
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    I mean, Vision looks extremely niche, for 2-3 star transitioners or heavily boosted, and won't play well with 4-5 stars due to the need for tanking and the tiered damage changes. But Quicksilver became a lot more usable, and Iron Man's Unibeam damage is comparable to Righteous Uppercut.

Agreed on IM40's Red. It's MUCH more usable now. I actually choose to use it a few items in the Hulk PVE when running him with Invisible Woman, which is not something I would have even considered before. Granted, I didn't have any other active Red (go, OML, GO!), but am still pleasantly surprised to do over 7K damage with it. Would have rather they found a way to get rid of the AP drain completely, but at least it packs a punch now.
    Depending on the boost list, IM40 might be my new running mate for PVE's when Winfinite isn't available.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Guess I'll be saving Iso to champ 3* Torch and 3* Bullseye instead

Bulls3ye is a blast against The Big Enchilada. Yes, I crank it every day.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Crowl wrote:
    His yellow and blue needed to keep the flavour of the existing powers, but do something to remove the need for him to tank the colours even if that potentially meant that they needed to be reduced in power to remain balanced.

If they were looking to push things further with a remodel, they could do something like this, allow both densities to be active:

Blue - a 2 phase power, the first would be an improved heavy density that didn't require tanking and then the second fires heavy strike but drains red ap not blue.
    Yellow - a 2 phase power, as above except for light instead of heavy.
    Red - normal nuke with a bonus dmg or effect if both tiles were active at the time.

Ooh. Me likey.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    When I initially heard the announcement for Vision, I was hoping his Density: Light at max would convert ALL strike and/or protect tiles on the board. I figured this would be one of the changes since Moonstone, a 2*, does basically the same thing with her black ability. That didn't happen, which I find quite disappointing. I mean, Daredevil does it, he's a 3*, why not Vision? When he was first announced, I thought Vision would have warranted a 4* based on what we saw from him in Avengers 2. After all, he does have an infinity gem as his power source, along with a body made from vibranium. I thought he'd be more of a force than what he is in game. Anyways, he'll keep his spot on my roster since he's fully covered. When he actually gets ISO is another story...
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    It is not clear in the rewording do you think it is now possible to stack the blue or yellow power, in other words have two of the same color countdown out at the same time and double the effect? It is clear that when you cast a blue you destroy the yellow and visa-versa but I see nothing about resetting the power or destroying the already cast same color power. I realize that is how it worked initially but has that been kept the same or has this changed with this update. That tweak would fix most peoples issues with the character, he would be a beast on offense or defense due to the low cost of the two powers.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not a big change to make any difference with him. QS change was a slight improvement, IM40 was a huge improvement. This slightly increase his yellow and blue but nerfs is red damage....puzzling
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    OLD:
    Level 1: Solar Beam deals 184 damage. Light disruption deals 137 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 274 damage.
    Level 2: Solar beam deals 267 damage. Light disruption deals 192 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 329 damage.
    Level 3: Solar beam deals 351 damage. Light disruption deals 247 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 384 damage.
    Level 4: Solar beam deals 519 damage. Light disruption deals 356 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 493 damage.
    Level 5: Solar beam deals 854 damage. Light disruption deals 575 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 712 damage.

New:
    Level 1: Solar Beam deals 187 damage. Light Disruption deals 220 damage per tile converted. Heavy Strike hits the enemy team for 279 damage
    Level 2: Solar Beam deals 271 damage. Light Disruption deals 292 damage per tile converted. Heavy Strike hits the enemy team for 335 damage.
    Level 3: Solar Beam deals 357 damage. Light Disruption deals 364 damage per tile converted. Heavy Strike hits the enemy team for 391 damage.
    Level 4: Solar Beam deals 527 damage. Light Disruption deals 507 damage per tile converted. Heavy Strike hits the enemy team for 502 damage.
    Level 5: Solar Beam deals 868 damage. Light Disruption deals 795 damage per tile converted. Heavy Strike hits the enemy team for 725 damage.

I'm not seeing a damage nerf here. I'm seeing (very minor) gains to Solar Beam and Heavy Strike and a 40-60% increase to Light Disruption. The costs are the same, and Density is better at all levels (so heavy slam damage is actually much better).
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    OLD:
    Level 1: Solar Beam deals 184 damage. Light disruption deals 137 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 274 damage.
    Level 2: Solar beam deals 267 damage. Light disruption deals 192 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 329 damage.
    Level 3: Solar beam deals 351 damage. Light disruption deals 247 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 384 damage.
    Level 4: Solar beam deals 519 damage. Light disruption deals 356 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 493 damage.
    Level 5: Solar beam deals 854 damage. Light disruption deals 575 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 712 damage.

New:
    Level 1: Solar Beam deals 187 damage. Light Disruption deals 220 damage per tile converted. Heavy Strike hits the enemy team for 279 damage
    Level 2: Solar Beam deals 271 damage. Light Disruption deals 292 damage per tile converted. Heavy Strike hits the enemy team for 335 damage.
    Level 3: Solar Beam deals 357 damage. Light Disruption deals 364 damage per tile converted. Heavy Strike hits the enemy team for 391 damage.
    Level 4: Solar Beam deals 527 damage. Light Disruption deals 507 damage per tile converted. Heavy Strike hits the enemy team for 502 damage.
    Level 5: Solar Beam deals 868 damage. Light Disruption deals 795 damage per tile converted. Heavy Strike hits the enemy team for 725 damage.

I'm not seeing a damage nerf here. I'm seeing (very minor) gains to Solar Beam and Heavy Strike and a 40-60% increase to Light Disruption. The costs are the same, and Density is better at all levels (so heavy slam damage is actually much better).
    Actually light disruption got a nice buff and can so close to 5k damage of the enemy has 2 special tiles out. With this being the case there might a reason to actually use his yellow other than to spam KK heal or carnages attack tiles or OML strike tiles.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    Actually light disruption got a nice buff and can so close to 5k damage of the enemy has 2 special tiles out. With this being the case there might a reason to actually use his yellow other than to spam KK heal or carnages attack tiles or OML strike tiles.

He still can't hit attack tiles, sadly :/
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    He's no longer a butler but he's not close to being the perfect body for Ultron.
  • Combine his Blue and yellow and with the remaining color give him an aggressive recon that takes more ap and stuns and does damage. Based off of Age Of Ultron it isn't completely oblivious
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Density: Heavy - bluetile.png 5
    MAX: Vision alters his density, making himself heavy and strong. Creates a Density: Heavy 4-turn Countdown Tile. While this tile is on the board, Vision deals 1040 more damage and his Red power becomes Heavy Strike. Removes any existing Density: Light tile.
    6e3h4yC.png?1
    Didn't think it was possible but somehow they managed to make Mr Fantastic's blackflag.png even worse

Vision - 5 bluetile.png - 4 turn - 1040 damage - level 166
    MrFan - 9 blacktile.png - 3 turn - 812 damage - level 270

So, Vision's ability cost 4 AP less, lasts one more turn and deals 228 more damage, oh and it improves his Red ability (I don't think those numbers are for a maxed champion Vision)

Yep, you can increased the duration on Reed's tile and there is no limitation on who matches the tiles, but I would take a cost of 5 blacktile.png , deal 2x more damage, and/or have it improve his greentile.png AP generation, over what we currently have.

As for this *new* Vision, his blueflag.png and redflag.png are an improvement, minor, but any improvement is better than none. Boosted he is fun to play with just for the crazy match damage, but outside of that I don't see him being used much
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    AdamMagus wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Density: Heavy - bluetile.png 5
    MAX: Vision alters his density, making himself heavy and strong. Creates a Density: Heavy 4-turn Countdown Tile. While this tile is on the board, Vision deals 1040 more damage and his Red power becomes Heavy Strike. Removes any existing Density: Light tile.
    6e3h4yC.png?1
    Didn't think it was possible but somehow they managed to make Mr Fantastic's blackflag.png even worse

Vision - 5 bluetile.png - 4 turn - 1040 damage - level 166
    MrFan - 9 blacktile.png - 3 turn - 812 damage - level 270

So, Vision's ability cost 4 AP less, lasts one more turn and deals 228 more damage, oh and it improves his Red ability (I don't think those numbers are for a maxed champion Vision)

Yep, you can increased the duration on Reed's tile and there is no limitation on who matches the tiles, but I would take a cost of 5 blacktile.png , deal 2x more damage, and/or have it improve his greentile.png AP generation, over what we currently have.

As for this *new* Vision, his blueflag.png and redflag.png are an improvement, minor, but any improvement is better than none. Boosted he is fun to play with just for the crazy match damage, but outside of that I don't see him being used much

...and they nerfed boosted 3's because they weren't supposed to be as strong as 4's of the same level. icon_neutral.gif
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Note: At this time there is no plan to offer an increased sell-back rate for Vision after the updates are live.

With Miles and Gwen both awaiting a slot, this is the part that disappoints me the most. I was hoping I could sell vision for enough hp to buy a slot, and give both 4*s a home. Curses, foiled again!
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    huh? selling a character for hp, not for iso? thats not possible, right?
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell wrote:
    They've done it in the past when they make significant changes to a character's abilities, usually for -- I forget, 14 days? 30? Something like that. The higher level the character, the more HP you got, up to a certain cap.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Pylgrim wrote:
    David, can you tell us whether there are more 3* upgrades planned after these three?

I haven't heard any specifics for additional updates yet. So, as of today, nothing imminent after Vision that's ready to report. I'll definitely update if and when I have additional news.

I'm shocked Spider-Man is going away untouched.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell wrote:
    They've done it in the past when they make significant changes to a character's abilities, usually for -- I forget, 14 days? 30? Something like that. The higher level the character, the more HP you got, up to a certain cap.

It used to be that all 3* & 4* covers gave you some HP, but that was changed quite some time ago. I was under the impression any extra HP for selling newly altered characters was something of a hold out to those days. As such, I'd be surprised they dropped any HP ever again with the change now to CP for powers.

Perhaps if we're all real lucky, next time someone gets hit with the nerf bat, we'll be offered some CP for selling them off.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    When they offer HP to sell a character it's usually because the change is either a straight-up nerf (X-Force Wolverine, 4 star Thor, etc) or a rework that some players might see as a nerf because it takes the character out of their previous niche (2 star Hawkeye, She-Hulk). Vision just got a bump to his damage/protection numbers with no other substantive changes to his powers or stats.