Transition 3*--->4*. Need Help with roster

Options
Unknown
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Well, after more than 400 days of free playing, now I think it's time to move to the 4*.
My roster is pretty solid (Imho) but I want to move to the next level: so, looking at my roster, what's the best strategy for me?
Remember, i just championed Doom so I got only 240 iso left. And 5 CP.
Thanks in Advance to all of you.

Roster: http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Barone76/

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    save until you have enough to do something with torch and decide how close cyke is at that point to hold off on torch or pull that trigger. looks like everyone worth leveling is leveled. good job. keep making pve progressions and if you're managing 1K, keep that up. need a few more 4* covers to start thinking about them. I do think your Elektra and carnage can do their ddq battle day - I like my 4*s at 145 for that so you might think about that. Elektra already went for this run but I think carnage is coming up this week.
  • Thanks mate.
    So, I'll do my best for Cyke and Torch.
    What about the other 3* such as Falcon, Punisher and Daken?
    I'll try to raise their level and Champion them or better sell for good iso?
  • TxMoose
    Options
    I maxed daken, although I don't use him much any more. falcon doesn't have to be maxed to be effective and I don't consider punpun worth the iso. maxing falcon is more personal preference. I wouldn't sell any of them if you want to be competitive in pve. all are needed for essentials and for their pvp events. but they don't all need to be maxed. my falcon and pun are still 120 and are fine there. I use falcon in pve. hardly use pun except in his LRs and occasionally for a trivial node.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Daken can be a great healthpack saver since he is a healer so he is definitely worth champing for the additional HP.

Punisher and Falcon don't need to be max level to be effective. With Falcon you want 5 Yellow and 5 Blue and he really helps with PVE. Punisher is a great situational threat with his red at 5. Especially in the Galactus event. So I would suggest keeping them but they aren't worth maxing.
  • Fine.
    Appreciate your suggestions and I'll follow them.
    Last question: according to my roster, which are the charachters that work well togheter? I usually use KK-Panther-CMags and IF-Cage-Scarlet. Are they right? Any other?
  • TxMoose
    Options
    I tend to use cmags a lot, but cap can be used in his place some too:

fist/cage/cmags - solid team. was my shield sim mainstay for a looooong time.
    thor/loki/cmags - old fashioned but can still be fun once rolling
    kk/hood/cmags - solid overall team with targeted nuke, accelerated aoe, board shake moves and ap steal. hood/bp/cage are all interchangeable here but with mags and kk bringing damage, I like hood with them
    hulk/patch/loki - hulkbombing isn't nearly as prevalent, but sometimes I use on a pve node
    witch/blade/cmags could work.

just looking at combos on your roster. you have most of the important guys done. there are lots of combinations.

edit: I don't see im40 on your roster. after playing with him after his change, he's a top tier support guy now with witch and hood. try and start one and work on him - for 6 yellow he can fill your team up with blue/red/green ap.

also, I prefer my cage at 5/3/5, but 5/5/3 can be useful for the extra protect. I also prefer my grocket at 3/5/5 - to me his health recharges enough at 3 yellow. those are more preference things and how you use them.
  • Really useful pal.
    Thank you for ur patience