No Holds Barred PvP event

Comments

• I must have a totally broken MMR nowadays, as I rarely see anyone who doesn't have 3 maxed out 3* covers. I don't even have 1 maxed out 3* cover with my 4 blue spidey being my highest cover at 95. Is anyone else seeing similar competition, or is it just me? It's not as though my covers are phenomenal or anything, and in the Thor tournament, I couldn't win a single match. (Oops, sold that Nerfer before thinking they were going to punish me for doing so)
  • I must have a totally broken MMR nowadays, as I rarely see anyone who doesn't have 3 maxed out 3* covers. I don't even have 1 maxed out 3* cover with my 4 blue spidey being my highest cover at 95. Is anyone else seeing similar competition, or is it just me? It's not as though my covers are phenomenal or anything, and in the Thor tournament, I couldn't win a single match. (Oops, sold that Nerfer before thinking they were going to punish me for doing so)

I'm getting a lot of that. That's the price of success though. If you've been doing well lately, you hit stiffer competition. Looking forward to some Lightning Rounds, since getting my *** kicked through a few of those usually knocks me back down again.

I'm getting a lot of that. That's the price of success though. If you've been doing well lately, you hit stiffer competition. Looking forward to some Lightning Rounds, since getting my *** kicked through a few of those usually knocks me back down again.

I work all day and barely hit a LR unless it's in the evening. I get eaten for breakfast against the teams they match me with. There has GOT to be a better way.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    wathombe wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    5/3/5 85 patch + 5/3/5 85 OBW + 5 blue Spidey = Maniacal Laughter

too bad they're going to fix OBW (her black isn't working as intended according to IceIX) and Nerf Spidey

Was this posted somewhere?

I've not seen any posts about changing OBW. That would be...bad.

it was somewhere in her official thread in character discussion when her black was first introduced

you might have to dig, unless there's a way to search for IceIX's posts on it

it was about strike tiles adding to her espionage damage
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Not a bad tourney but it is really annoying to be at 400 points come out of a battle to get knocked by someone who just started the tourney for 40 points. I am all for getting opponents higher than you but when a retailiation is worth 5 points its pretty futile.
  • Not a bad tourney but it is really annoying to be at 400 points come out of a battle to get knocked by someone who just started the tourney for 40 points. I am all for getting opponents higher than you but when a retailiation is worth 5 points its pretty futile.
    Not to worry, soon you'll be able to skip those measly 5 point retaliations for just 10 ISO!
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    gobstopper wrote:
    Not a bad tourney but it is really annoying to be at 400 points come out of a battle to get knocked by someone who just started the tourney for 40 points. I am all for getting opponents higher than you but when a retailiation is worth 5 points its pretty futile.
    Not to worry, soon you'll be able to skip those measly 5 point retaliations for just 10 ISO!
    Retal skips are free IIRC; they should just get rid of retaliation anyway
  • Kelbris wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:

I agree. Retaliations are annoying. You don't ever break even. Also, one less pop-up would be nice.
  • On my bracket, the leader is sitting on 706 unsheilded. (Sockid)

He's almost having the same roster as mine and nowhere near the end game team and can be beaten easily.

However, he's not getting attacked and I have been attacked every 5 minutes.
    He is also invisible to me, ill skipped 80+ times and no one above 600 showup at all.

Could anyone explain why this is the case?
  • xinyucao wrote:
    On my bracket, the leader is sitting on 706 unsheilded. (Sockid)

He's almost having the same roster as mine and nowhere near the end game team and can be beaten easily.

He is also invisible to me, ill skipped 80+ times and no one above 600 showup at all.

The leader of my bracket hasn't been attacked either. I shielded at 486. Tired of grinding 11 pointers.
  • xinyucao wrote:

He doesn't have a high mmr so no one he is matched up with is willing to attack him with their lower level teams.
  • xinyucao wrote:

He doesn't have a high mmr so no one he is matched up with is willing to attack him with their lower level teams.

Is that possible? At 718, he has to win 40+ games already. Why is Mmr not changing at all?
  • Kelbris wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:

When skip has activated prematurely on my phone (3 times so far) you still had to pay to skip retaliations. It's not final code obviously but prepare to be disappointed...
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grinded up to 250 and then put up my tank team: down to 153, and I hope i get attacked tomorrow before I make my push to 600 (current leader is at 336 so I can safely win my bracket with that i think).
  • Played a bit pvp today. First in my bracket was a bit over 500 points, passed him easily in about 30 minutes of playing then not only the attacks began but my game started crashing too.
    Crashed 5 times, of course it crashed every time when I just entered a fight so I would lose points and health. Lost over 100 points due to crashing, managed to find some matches that gave me +3x so I was able to regain some points between crashes and logged off very annoyed right after the fifth crash icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • xinyucao wrote:

Is that possible? At 718, he has to win 40+ games already. Why is Mmr not changing at all?

Since the latest changes to pvp, mmr, and tanking it's not as likely but yes, definitely still possible.

I first searched for these forums when I noticed someone with a bagman team that was high ranked in a tourney. I realized there was way more to the game than I knew so I found my way here. After learning about tanking I gave it a try and it worked wonders. Before that I was seeing 3 character 3 star teams and opponents like Bugpop, the Ladder and Zathrus.

Until the recent changes I never saw a 3 star character. But even still I have since then won a tourney with over 800 points, had a top 5 finish with over 650, won a lightning round, climbed to 100 in all other LRs I was awake for and received any and all prizes I've wanted from the other tourneys.

Despite that I still start tourneys with 2 star teams (I've only been able to put out a tank team 2 or 3 times recently). And I have yet to see any of those players from what I believe my proper mmr range should be.

This should all start to normalize soon but now especially with all the changes it's even easier for people to overlook how big of a difference tanking can make.
  • Tanking is definitely still possible, I'm doing it right now.

Y'just gotta play it smart, although sometimes it's way harder to tank than other times. I'm sure people will gladly pounce on someone sporting a level 10 Hawkeye though.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Tanking was easy in the Thor tournament. I had a level 45 Thor in a MMR where everyone has maxed out Thors and 2 stars.

I ground up to 100 three times and was probably defeated over 100 times. People 200 points above my team were taking time to squish me.
  • I've found tanking to be counterproductive in the long run once you've got some 2 stars maxed and some playable 3 stars. Sure it makes the climb to 500 easier, but once I get up there I get stuck in MMR hell with no high value targets to advance. I've been playing it straight for the past two weeks and I'm conistently finding 25+ opponents all the way up the ladder. the only times I've run out of opponents is when i've raced out to first place and created too much separation, so then I throw up a shield and let the field catch up. Battles are tougher, but I like a challenge and I'm doing a helluva lot less skipping, which will be crucial once the skip tax gets levied.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Tanking is definitely still possible, I'm doing it right now.

Y'just gotta play it smart, although sometimes it's way harder to tank than other times. I'm sure people will gladly pounce on someone sporting a level 10 Hawkeye though.

Moral wrote:
    Tanking was easy in the Thor tournament. I had a level 45 Thor in a MMR where everyone has maxed out Thors and 2 stars.

I ground up to 100 three times and was probably defeated over 100 times. People 200 points above my team were taking time to squish me.

How do you tank now that they've taken away the 3 tries to beat someone?