***** Green Goblin a.k.a Norman Osborn *****

Philly484
Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
edited February 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Well lets go ahead and let the flood gates open. For those not shocked we probably seen this coming. For those not happy with D3 decision to add him as a 5*, please feel free to let your comments flood this topic.

Comments

• GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Apparently, Green Goblin is great with whoever needs to protect their Countdown tiles, and it's called "Fortified" tiles.

Hmm... Sounds like my speculation post about Singularity when it comes to making a special tile invincible...
  • Philly484
    Yes agreed! From the way he reads he will be a good pair with Star-Lord, and Switch. It's just going to be hard to recruit him like some of the other 5*'s. Start saving those LT's peeps!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm curious to see what kind of damage his black does to make up for the drawback of potentially losing access to the ability for the match.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm curious to see if they address the Green Goblin not having a green move.
  • Philly484
    I'm curious to see if they address the Green Goblin not having a green move.

The powers are not just based on Aesthetics. But I would argue he should have had a Green ability aside from his one power still sort of giving a different green effect.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    UUUGGGGHHHH LAME

(no, i don't have anything more productive to add)
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2016
    boring as (tinykitty)

edit to add: OK. His powers will be fine. Looks like his black is pretty weak at 255 (2 ranks shows 1800 damage) but scaling could make that 10-12k at max. As not-a-whale who may only get a couple covers his utility is more interesting than his damage, and Fortified is... great/fine if I ever used CD characters. I'm interested in seeing the 6 options for pumpkin bombs.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not a character I would expect as a 5* based on power level as ideally I think 5* should be galactic like or legendary characters like they started with (SS, Phoenix, OML etc.), 4* yes (3* would have suited him best) but even 5* Alien Spidey was a stretch but was the best Spidey pick for 5*. That being said, yes long overdue that GG is in the game although no Green power is hilarious...
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    ErikPeter wrote:
    boring as (tinykitty)

edit to add: OK. His powers will be fine. Looks like his black is pretty weak at 255 (2 ranks shows 1800 damage) but scaling could make that 10-12k at max. As not-a-whale who may only get a couple covers his utility is more interesting than his damage, and Fortified is... great/fine if I ever used CD characters

Fortify also impacts strike tiles. That is huge. Imagine not being able to get rid of multiple 1k strike tiles from OML? Or use Phoenix with him. You get red, green, and purple from Phoenix, black, yellow, and purple from GG. Only blue is missing as an active.
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    So, a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png , I'm a bit leary of that. But powers-wise, seems interesting.
  • I must assume it would be good on offense, not-so-good in defending teams since it's all about strategy and timing.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    powers sound great and all...

but a 5* green goblin?
    what about howard the duck?
    or jjj?

are they throwing darts to determine next 5* characters?

at least 2 of those should be 4*.
    then again, there are not that many characters in the marvel multiverse to choose from that fit a 5*... right?

but yeah, im just ranting, i will never see him ingame, so dont really care.

much more interesting:
    will there be other characters to get their powers updated to deal with or create fortified tiles?
  • Philly484
    Well I find this interesting in the fact that they mention "everyone is showing love for the spidey characters", when in fact from most of what I have read on these forums and many others people are tired of the mass amounts of spider-verse characters. The only thing I am knocking about GG is he should have already been added but like many others he is def not a 5* quality, but then again I would argue the same for BlkSuitSpidey and OML. Clearly this will tell us that any character they use from here now can be any 4* or 5* quality regardless of whatever the players base says. Now that we actually have another spidey villian which we haven't seen since Venom (Eddie Brock) will he be easily obtainable or how many LT's will players have to go through until they can obtain him? I def think they do need to listen to their player base a tad more than what they have, because there seems to be an overwhelming amount of people who want some other Marvel characters not from the spider-verse included. We have to big a flux of spidey characters, but we need more story pve events and they need to add 4* PVP's in the rotation of PVP matches not just upon character release.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Fortify tiles should have been Invisible Woman's power and not locking tiles icon_e_sad.gif Hopefully future 2 - 4 star.png characters will have this ability too.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    This is a character I was looking forward to. I have no problem with Norman Osborn being considered 5*. That tier should be for godlike characters (Silver Surfer, Phoenix) and for leading heroes and villains, and Osborn's definitely a leading villain.

Just don't have a Sins Past arc please. They're in different Universes, remember.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I don't mind it.
    Honestly he looks fine
  • He was my nomination on the survey. And now he's coming, but he's a 5*. I'm disappointed.

Nothing else to say. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    adding his page now
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Locking this in favor of the official thread.
This discussion has been closed.