make all PvPs 2 days long to vary end times

loroku
loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
Marvel PQ got into this by allowing a complex system of choosing your end time for events that varies over about 36 hours. But the core idea is the same: the last few hours of each PvP event are the most important, and anyone who can't play during those last few hours is at a disadvantage. If you don't vary the end times, the same players are disadvantaged over and over. I'm suggesting making all PvPs last two days so at least the end dates are different every week. I'm sure once this game gets more popular you'll likely need to vary the end times as well, since people in different time zones will complain about "middle of the night," etc.

I realize a side effect of my suggestion is that rewards would also go up; this is obviously fine by me but if that doesn't fly then at least make different events 3 days instead of 100% managreen.png and whitecrit.png (not a better icon for that?). Thanks!

Comments

• Not really. It only seems that way because others feel that way.

In mqp your rating goes up and down based on your current rating, and there are shields.

In this game everyone goes up at a linear pace. It doesn't matter if you have 300 points 2 days in or 2 hours in, except that it gives people a gauge for how much effort is needed to overcome. Based on that it is really easy to nail the bracket you want to land in without even playing in the last few hours.
  • loroku wrote:
    Marvel PQ got into this by allowing a complex system of choosing your end time for events that varies over about 36 hours. But the core idea is the same: the last few hours of each PvP event are the most important, and anyone who can't play during those last few hours is at a disadvantage. If you don't vary the end times, the same players are disadvantaged over and over. I'm suggesting making all PvPs last two days so at least the end dates are different every week. I'm sure once this game gets more popular you'll likely need to vary the end times as well, since people in different time zones will complain about "middle of the night," etc.

I realize a side effect of my suggestion is that rewards would also go up; this is obviously fine by me but if that doesn't fly then at least make different events 3 days instead of 100% managreen.png and whitecrit.png (not a better icon for that?). Thanks!

For me the qb events end at 3 am. Doesn't help me when it's ending another day.

The more important issue with qb in my opinion is that people join their brackets depending on the time they join.
    So if one joins 12 hours before the event ends, he will likely end up in a bracket with other guys that just joined qb. So these guys only have to play a few hours in order to get a fat pack reward while other have to play 2 to 3 days in order to earn them.