New Player looking for some help

Options
undrtaker
undrtaker Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Started playing last week and getting pretty hooked...
Started with some prologue then went to do some Story and Verus without knowing what I'm doing too much
one week later my roster is http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/undrtaker
I also have 20+ stashed covers, mostly 1* IM35, Hawkeye, Yelena, Spiderman and Venom which I don't have roster space for and 12000 ISO

Not really sure what to focus on now - level up my 1*? 2*? Save up ISO for the 3*? Go one with the prologue for all the rewards which are pretty easy to get now?**
I read some guides on tiers with * levels but not sure if I should still use my 1 and 2* and spend ISO on them or just use the higher level ones

as for the ** how the %#$% do I beat Chapter 3's Yelena mission?
Those nasty muscles take down my entire team with me barely managing to kill 1 of them? tried quite a few team combos but even with Gwen (my only 4*), Luke and anyne else, they beat me easily

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I recommend you focus your efforts on leveling your 2* Storm and Thor. You've got those decently covered to the point that they should be firmly outpacing your 1*s, and those two in particular will continue to be useful even once you transition to a mostly 3* roster. You'll come across more of their covers quicker than you will the 3*s.

Then pick another 2* to fill their lack of black/purple. Marvel and Hawkeye both have niche uses but don't fully cover, so pick the one you like and try to level up a team of 3 so you can compete in PvP a bit. At your tier a good team should be competitive enough to get you more 2* covers, and hopefully a trickle of HP to expand your roster with.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Check out the guides section of the forum for tons of details on strategies for beginners, rosters, character questions. There is a whole section devoted to asking for help with your roster. My quick suggestion would be max out Juggernaut and don't focus on anymore 1* since you only need to keep 1 or 2 at maximum to do the DDQ daily rewards. You have the best 2* characters on your roster so start focusing on them. If you are lucky enough to get more covers for Cage, focus on him as he is a top 3* character. Play every day even if only one match to get the Shield supply reward and complete as much of DDQ daily as you can. You will find that Muscle goons never get easy (high health, AoE attack and they create strike tiles), you probably advanced to far in the prologue and your roster hasn't caught up making it difficult to beat until you level up some 2* characters and get more covers for them. It is a fun game and glad to have you on the forums!
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In my opinion, I would say to focus on Spider-Man and Jugs as your primary 1* characters as you move on to 2*. From there, I would definitely go with Ares/Thor, OBW (Mandatory) and level them, champ them. Participate in PvP since you're brand spanking new and will get newbie brackets for placement. The rest of the 1* and 2* characters, that's up to you.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Good info thrown your way so far. I highly suggest the guides section. It helped me considerably early on. At some point too join an alliance. Many public ones out there but that will also help you get more rewards.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spend whatever Hero Points you get on roster slots. You're gonna need 'em.