Finishing off 3* with CP

Options
Tryke
Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Bit of a pickle here. I'm usually of the mindset that it is not worth spending 20 cp to add covers to 3*. However, is it worth using once in a while to finish off 12 cover characters? For example, I currently have a 5/3/4 deadpool, with FOUR red covers sitting in my queue. That's four potential champion levels. Or should I just stick it out and wait for the next round of DDQ to finish it off?

Comments

• I say, if it's a character you plan on using a lot anyways, go for it. Only other thing CPs good for are 4 stars and Legendarys. One specific cover of a character you plan on using a lot (even if it's for like, 30 days) is probably a better use of your CP then a 4* you might not even have a roster slot for.

I had a 5/2/5 Scarlet Witch and a 5/4/4 IM40 that I bought covers for to max them out and I have absolutely no regrets.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That's a good way of thinking about it. I have spare cp and LT, but won't be using them in the near future, so I think I will finish off my deadpool. Thanks for the advice colwag! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tryke wrote:
    That's a good way of thinking about it. I have spare cp and LT, but won't be using them in the near future, so I think I will finish off my deadpool. Thanks for the advice colwag! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Also if you have the extra cover for championing them you get the LT so you are swapping 20 CP for a LT and now have a maxed 3*. That seams like a fair deal to me especially if your spare covers were going to expire
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Tryke wrote:
    Also if you have the extra cover for championing them you get the LT so you are swapping 20 CP for a LT and now have a maxed 3*. That seams like a fair deal to me especially if your spare covers were going to expire
    Particularly since you get a Latest Legends token that normally costs 25CP. Not a bad deal at all.
    Personally, I have bought a few covers (back when they cost HP, none bought with CP yet) for characters I expect to use a lot. I bought a purple cover for Iron Fist so I could max him - totally worth it. (He was 4/3/5 at the time I think...).
    I am actually in a similar bind at the moment since I have managed to get three blue covers for my 3/5/4 Iceman. If I can't get a green/purple cover before they expire I may just have to buy a thirteenth cover so I can max him and apply some champion levels...
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    colwag wrote:
    ...One specific cover of a character you plan on using a lot (even if it's for like, 30 days) is probably a better use of your CP then a 4* you might not even have a roster slot for...

That's probably true for the 3 star level. But spending 120 to buy a 4 star means you don't buy 6 random 4star covers with chances to get a 5star.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Tryke wrote:
    Bit of a pickle here. I'm usually of the mindset that it is not worth spending 20 cp to add covers to 3*. However, is it worth using once in a while to finish off 12 cover characters? For example, I currently have a 5/3/4 deadpool, with FOUR red covers sitting in my queue. That's four potential champion levels. Or should I just stick it out and wait for the next round of DDQ to finish it off?

If you got 4 extra covers waiting, I would not hesitant to blow 20 cps to max the 3*, especially for DEADPOOL! Don't make Ryan come over to your house and force you to max his character! icon_mrgreen.gificon_lol.gif

With 3dp maxed, you would then be able to respec him to 5 pinks (553) and enter whale-land! Fearlessly enter pvp matches with jean/fistbuster. 18k health? Here's a whale for ya! natch! icon_lol.gif
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I`ve spent 20 CP to max out my Iron Fist and I haven`t regret it yet (he has won so many fights for me that I`ve lost count icon_e_wink.gif ). Probably I will buy the fifth blue cover for my Scarlet Witch (which stands currently at 5/4/4) too.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Black Duke wrote:
    I`ve spent 20 CP to max out my Iron Fist and I haven`t regret it yet (he has won so many fights for me that I`ve lost count icon_e_wink.gif ). Probably I will buy the fifth blue cover for my Scarlet Witch (which stands currently at 5/4/4) too.
    I'd max and champion her instead, you can then re-spec her to 5/3/5. She's worth the iso.
    Unfortunately she`s only at level 135 which means that I have to spend approximately 80.000 ISO to champion her. I don`t know if I could be that patient. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    Black Duke wrote:
    I'd max and champion her instead, you can then re-spec her to 5/3/5. She's worth the iso.
    Unfortunately she`s only at level 135 which means that I have to spend approximately 80.000 ISO to champion her. I don`t know if I could be that patient. icon_e_wink.gif
    It's far easier to get 80,000 ISO than it is to get 20CP, at least if you play a decent amount. Especially with the Lightning rounds starting soon...