Just find out this on Leliana

Options
manablack.png

Dark petition and necromantic Summons consider discarded cards trough your lvl 1 power as destroyed creature. My Hangarback walker reanimate deck is ready XD

manablack.png

Comments

• Hum not sure about necromantic summons, it could be it needed a creature killed for the opponent or maybe it just didn't work with discarded. Also yeah, the power of Leliana says "destroy" cards in hand. Silly me that use terms of the paper MTG, discarded didn't esist here icon_e_smile.gif

Edit: yes, necromantic summon need a creature killed from the board for your opponent, or you can't cast it (idk if it work with "discarded", I need to test more) Also with Leli tier 2 power and tainted remedy I don't understand what happens on board, I just see things dying. Hangarback is so op on this kind of deck, as you keep get thopters when he die.

Oh, also, tainted remedy say trap 5, but it trap 3. Le bugs icon_e_smile.gif

Black is the new black manablack.png
  • RedMage wrote:
    Edit: yes, necromantic summon need a creature killed from the board for your opponent, or you can't cast it (idk if it work with "discarded", I need to test more)

It does work when your opponent discarded a creature when you used corrupt. But most of the time you don't know if that was the case and what creature it was.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RedMage wrote:
    :mtgblack:

Dark petition and necromantic Summons consider discarded cards trough your lvl 1 power as destroyed creature. My Hangarback walker reanimate deck is ready XD

manablack.png

Works with Cruel Revival, too.
  • fruithead
    Options
    Wow this seems crazy OP.

You think this is intentional or something they overlooked on accident?
  • fruithead wrote:
    Wow this seems crazy OP.

You think this is intentional or something they overlooked on accident?

Intentional.
  • fruithead
    Options
    They should probably change it then.

I mean, the whole point, according to the devs, of the high mana prices behind mythicals was to balance out their incredibleness by making them hard to use. It's supposed to be a judgement call more power versus more time. With this setup it seems like you don't have to sacrifice time and quite the opposite you can put the enemy player in a terrible position and benefit from it tremendously by then using a cheap card to summon your mythic.

Seems a bit broken.
  • fruithead wrote:

I mean, the whole point, according to the devs, of the high mana prices behind mythicals was to balance out their incredibleness by making them hard to use. It's supposed to be a judgement call more power versus more time. With this setup it seems like you don't have to sacrifice time and quite the opposite you can put the enemy player in a terrible position and benefit from it tremendously by then using a cheap card to summon your mythic.

Seems a bit broken.

Agree, you can summon a 25 card for 15 - the other card was 8 if I'm not wrong, but could drawback on what the opponent get, but ye you can work around it. Seems a bit OP to me too.
    Dark ritual, necropotence ftw icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • RedMage wrote:
    fruithead wrote:

Seems a bit broken.

Agree, you can summon a 25 card for 15 - the other card was 8 if I'm not wrong, but could drawback on what the opponent get, but ye you can work around it. Seems a bit OP to me too.
    Dark ritual, necropotence ftw icon_e_biggrin.gif
    most of blacks stuff comes together with a big downside. It's hard to win with black without losing any health. This combo is one of the better things black has. Let her keep it.

Other PWs have powerful combos too.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a classic black move. Dump expensive stuff in the graveyard and dance it out onto the battlefield cheaply. Black still kind of sucks, so I wouldn't throw a fit over it just yet.
  • Yea black is still very underplayed and frankly pretty bad as almost all of their creatures have no effect on the game state. Couple that with the most inefficient creatures in the game and you have to rely on its spells to get you through. Black also has probably the worst color specific supports, tied with red.

Big 3 are still very strong and u see Chandra and Liliana in the sidelines. At least I hate playing Chandra because no matter what you are gonna lose hp.
  • ChrisTot
    ChrisTot Posts: 167
    Options
    pandabear wrote:
    Yea black is still very underplayed and frankly pretty bad as almost all of their creatures have no effect on the game state. Couple that with the most inefficient creatures in the game and you have to rely on its spells to get you through. Black also has probably the worst color specific supports, tied with red.

Big 3 are still very strong and u see Chandra and Liliana in the sidelines. At least I hate playing Chandra because no matter what you are gonna lose hp.

I like that analysis. I feel the same way =)