Bringing up a single 3*

Options
justplainchips
justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
At the top of my roster (which is linked below) I have a level 255 OML and then a few champed 2*s around 140.

The prevailing wisdom (which makes sense to me) seems to be that one should wait to start bringing 3*s up to 166 until you have a bunch to go together so as to not mess up your scaling. Well, OML messes up my scaling just fine. icon_e_smile.gif I've been holding my 3*s at about 104 until they're boosted in an event, when I've brought them up to 120.

I have two 3*s at max covers:
Cap Marvel, who, for the foreseeable future, isn't going to be a candidate to bring up.
Cap America, who is currently at 445 after today's big enchilada.

After getting that last cover and thinking about starting the IM40 PvP (my IM40 has 1 red and 5 yellow) I'm wondering if it would be worth it to bring Cap up to level 166 since he'd obviously be a great teammate for this PvP and also champ him to respec to 355. Not to mention him being pretty useful in general going forward.

And I wonder if the fact that I already have OML on my roster means that my scaling won't be messed up all that much more by having a single 3* at 166. Though I could start bringing people up to 140 or 153 as well (I have about 600K ISO).

Thoughts?

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    your t3 average will go up ~9-10 levels. you'll have to decide if 10 extra levels of opponents will kill the pve enjoyment or not. I'd probably do it. especially if you have a functional im40 or another accelerator/feeder. hood works well with cap too. I also use mnmags to accelerate him. I'd do it for cap. agree not with marvel.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    your t3 average will go up ~9-10 levels. you'll have to decide if 10 extra levels of opponents will kill the pve enjoyment or not. I'd probably do it. especially if you have a functional im40 or another accelerator/feeder. hood works well with cap too. I also use mnmags to accelerate him. I'd do it for cap. agree not with marvel.
    Thanks for the input. And the reminder about Hood. I just recently got a 3rd blue cover for him, so he does take red now.

I was reminded that it is boosted levels I have to take into account right? So depending on the event it wouldn't just be the 166. My 120 LCap was boosted to 187 in the Gwen event. I don't recall what 166 gets boosted to (240?) but he'd still be less than 255. And if LCap isn't boosted then he'd possibly be lower than other characters.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yep, boosted levels are taken into account. that means it won't be any different when cap isn't boosted. will be quite a bit different when he is boosted. I've run across that with just a few 4s maxed - when one is boosted, pve levels are noticeably higher than when none are boosted.