Noob 2* question: Daken or Thor

Options
Unknown
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Hey folks. Newish player here. Been playing obsessively for about a month, I'm hooked!

Wondering if anyone could offer an opinion on my 2* setup. I currently have Storm, Magneto and OBW at around level 70. I'm thinking I'll only invest the ISO into one more 2*. I have 7 Daken covers and 5 Thor covers and a free roster slot. Who'd you think I should go for? Thor seems to be really popular and Storm Magneto Thor one of the most effective groups, so leaning towards that. But looking at the skills I think Daken, Storm Magneto could be a could squad.

Whattya think?

Comments

• Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you're still playing the Prologue or are mainly a PVE player, I'd go with Thor, if only because Daken is an enemy a lot of the times so you won't be able to use him in those cases. That said, if you play long enough you'd find Daken useful as well, so you can think about eventually rostering him when you get the capacity to.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thor. You already have two blue users.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thor. You already have two blue users.

Definitely agree with this. You'll want either Ares or Thor as a good heavy hitter 2*. Personally, I like Daken because of sustainability (I don't like using health packs), and he gives you healing. But, since you don't have Ares either, I'd go with Thor.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just love Daken. It's my faovourite character so far. But Thor is a must in your roster atm. IMO 5 characters are essential in 2 star.png roster:
    Thor, OBW, Storm - my enchillada team - never failed
    Magneto, Hawkeye - add Storm and You get great fun team, that in many cases can do better than the first one, but is more risky also.

Ares, Daken and Human Torch are also great characters. They can form a good team too. But if You have limited space in Your roster ...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree with the others and go with thor. I'd also add ares. that would be a very good, well rounded team. those are exactly the 2* characters I've chosen to keep, although when I was in 2* play I also relied heavily on daken and wolvie too.