Which character is the best at 1v1 for their tier?

Like who's the best for 1v1 in 1* land or 2* land etc etc.

I'm sure we've all been in that situation before where it's just your last character vs their last character, so I'd just like to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    If one-on-one, you'd always want characters with cheap, spammable or lengthy stuns... eg, MBW, CStorm, Cap, Daredevil, GT, Iceman...
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    typically it is characters with both stuns and high single damage. Or high damage/survivability or heal

Cap is great in ***
    Thor, deadpool, spidey, elektra, in ****

Basically people who are not support or aoe. Jean Grey for example although amazing is not that great of a dueler because her spells are expensive, she has low hp and all of her damage is aoe so its weak for a single target
  • bbf2
    bbf2 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    The best ** for 1v1 is clearly Ares
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2016
    1* Spider-Man
    2* Storm
    3* Steve
    4* Iceman
    5* Logan

Taking stun out of the equation...

1* Juggernaut
    2* OBW
    3* IF
    4* Hulkbuster or Elektra
    5* Logan
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    you are forgetting Gamora.

She has a a spammable red, a function stun (though expensive against a single opponent) and her black becomes a game over button if there is any yellow on the board at all.

Overall

1*s
    Juggernaut
    IM35

2*s
    Ares
    Moonstone (HP to survive for a while, purple if the enemy doesn't make special tiles, black if they do)

3*s
    Gamora (she's actually better 1v2+, but still very strong 1v1)
    Lazy Cap
    Patch (before he was backdoor nerfed by the health shift)
    BP (great all around, has lots of health, some offense and defense. aoe is a bit wasted though)
    IF (not because his skills are especially well suited to 1v1, just because he is by far the best 3* overall)

4*
    4* Thor (especially pre-nerf, but still solid with 5 blue)
    Elektra
    Rulk
    Iceman (green is a bit wasted, but the purple blue combo is perfect for 1v1)
    Imhb

5*
    OML
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    you are forgetting Gamora.

She has a a spammable red, a function stun (though expensive against a single opponent) and her black becomes a game over button if there is any yellow on the board at all.

Overall

1*s
    Juggernaut
    IM35

2*s
    Ares
    Moonstone (HP to survive for a while, purple if the enemy doesn't make special tiles, black if they do)

3*s
    Gamora (she's actually better 1v2+, but still very strong 1v1)
    Lazy Cap
    Patch (before he was backdoor nerfed by the health shift)
    BP (great all around, has lots of health, some offense and defense. aoe is a bit wasted though)
    IF (not because his skills are especially well suited to 1v1, just because he is by far the best 3* overall)

4*
    4* Thor (especially pre-nerf, but still solid with 5 blue)
    Elektra
    Rulk
    Iceman (green is a bit wasted, but the purple blue combo is perfect for 1v1)

5*
    OML
    One on one specifically I think Hulkbuster beats Rulk.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't forget Daredevil in 3* land. His stun is fire and forget - if it's in a hard to match spot, then you only get 1 out of 3 turns for the rest of the fight.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster:

I like rulk over imhb because of ap drain. Imhb is helpless if the ai gets a good cascade. Rulk at least has a shot at slowing them down (if they use green). But imhb's damage does scale much higher, which is also important in 1v1, so you have a real point.

I have added him to my list.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    umm I would say in 4* IW or Prof X due to invisibility tiles in most cases they will win a game,look no further than 4* DDQ challenge...I can beat level 270 characters with level 110 characters due to invisibility one on one

in 3* land daredevil as his blue will shut down any opponent individually

in 2* land probably Ares? not sure though on this one

in 1* land either Juggs due to damage/health or MBW due to her awesome stun
  • Quebbster
    Warbringa wrote:
    umm I would say in 4* IW or Prof X due to invisibility tiles in most cases they will win a game,look no further than 4* DDQ challenge...I can beat level 270 characters with level 110 characters due to invisibility one on one
    By this measure Iceman should be at the top with his self-accelerated stun that can also deal massive damage. He can also hurt Invisible flesta with his area attack...
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Iceman is the king of 1v1. You get 6 blue and barring you being recklessly stupid, that match is basically over.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Warbringa wrote:
    By this measure Iceman should be at the top with his self-accelerated stun that can also deal massive damage. He can also hurt Invisible flesta with his area attack...

True but you can't stun them if they are invisible and Prof X invisibility only costs 7 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Quebbster
    Warbringa wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Warbringa wrote:

True but you can't stun them if they are invisible and Prof X invisibility only costs 7 icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Build a snowman only costs 6...
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    An invisible PX with special tiles on the board and his invisibility tile off to the side or at the bottom nowhere near any other purples is the best 1v1. Any match you make improves the tiles and you can't be hurt by anything except AoE.
  • zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    1* jugs
    2* obw most likely maybe wolvie
    3* Cyclops or Gamorra

4* cyke or iceman
    Rulk, goddess are too slow, hb is wholly dependent on getting that red off

Cyke needs yellow or blue to get going. After that it's hard to keep up with him. Iceman for the stun, so OP

5* Logan, because he is the current win button in the game
  • Quebbster
    Buret0 wrote:
    An invisible PX with special tiles on the board and his invisibility tile off to the side or at the bottom nowhere near any other purples is the best 1v1. Any match you make improves the tiles and you can't be hurt by anything except AoE.
    One on one specifically it might be a bit tricky for Professor X to get special tiles on the board though.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    One on one specifically it might be a bit tricky for Professor X to get special tiles on the board though.

I agree with both of you. PX with special tiles can make a short match. W/O special tiles is the longest match I have ever had in MPQ. It was hilariously long but still pretty exciting protecting his invisibility and looking for 5-matches.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    zeeke wrote:
    1* jugs
    2* obw most likely maybe wolvie
    3* Cyclops or Gamorra

4* cyke or iceman
    Rulk, goddess are too slow, hb is wholly dependent on getting that red off

Cyke needs yellow or blue to get going. After that it's hard to keep up with him. Iceman for the stun, so OP

5* Logan, because he is the current win button in the game

Going to have to disagree on the 5* one. Devoid of teammates to fuel strike tiles and his regen, his effectiveness in the early stages of a match are drastically reduced. Spidey, on the other hand, can lock down his opponent rather easily while neutering any strike tiles they have out. Until we see more of GG at higher levels, I'm going to say BSS is the 5* solo king.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    With today's DPDQ I was reminded how good Carnage can be 1v1. Since his red cost is only 7 AP and does not hurt himself it becomes very spamable. If you don't one shot him he throws out his attack tiles and if there are special tiles on the board his green is massive. I don't think he is the best 1v1 but he is actually fairly good 1v1
  • RyanL24
    RyanL24 Posts: 54
    I don't really understand the discussion, maybe I'm missing something. Outside of the DDQ 4* Challenge, when is there ever a 1v1 fight in this game?