Peter's Complete DDQ4 Strategy Guide - Tips for all Matchups

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks folks, this gave me the encouragement to go back and try - +2r/y, +50% r/y, +100% all. Took 3 tries like that, worked a beautiful board for the win.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I'd just like to mention that in the Starlord V Gamora post in Events forum, there were a few of us (myself included) that managed to down Gamora with 5/1/0 or 5/0/1 covers (max levelled that is 152). Unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot, but with the right amount of purple covers, it's enough to down Gamora in around 3 Sleights of Hands. Heavily dependent on having a favourable purple board, but SL has enough hitpoints to survive a few razor edges.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh, having come across this the day after failing with Star-Lord, honestly still not feeling encouraged for that fight. Mine sits at level 168 2/4/2, giving him a really well covered useless yellow, and underwhelming red/purple.

Now Antman I managed with at 111 3/0/1. Gotta say, I'll be back every 5 days from now on though.

Great Post!
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Peter, just found this thread, but I'm going to be visiting it for every upcoming Crash! BTW, I managed to beat this last Elektra vs. Blade battle with my 2/2/0 'lektra at level 106. (Ignore my signature, my IGN is Cousin Simpson.)
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    I beat Ant-Man vs. JG with 3/0/1, level 111.
  • Any 0/1/0 ProfXs take down Elektra yet?
  • Cousin Simpson
    Any 0/1/0 ProfXs take down Elektra yet?

I did! Took 4-5 tries and appropriate boosts (purple-centric) to both shore up my defense and create more offense (which in turn helps with defense, because the longer the match goes on, the more chances of your Invisibility tile getting destroyed).

ETA: As a consequence, deny black because Shadow Step extends the game. I also tried to match purple as often as I could, because I wanted a stockpile to recast Invisibility as needed, and neither did I want her to block purple tiles with strikes. I did deny red as well, I suppose as a hedge against getting balleted when I was visible again.
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    What if the change to clash of titans was random like the rest of DDQ is now? That would be terrible.
  • Clyve
    Clyve Posts: 91
    So I'm wondering if my 0/3/3 KP will have any luck against Cage coming up. I can max him out at lvl 147 and now that LC doesn't have his team up, I'm thinking this is doable - assuming I can decently deny black...

Anyone else think it's possible? Don't really want to waste the iso if I'm way out of line here
  • Clyve wrote:
    So I'm wondering if my 0/3/3 KP will have any luck against Cage coming up. I can max him out at lvl 147 and now that LC doesn't have his team up, I'm thinking this is doable - assuming I can decently deny black...

Anyone else think it's possible? Don't really want to waste the iso if I'm way out of line here
    I definitely think it is possible. It will be tough, and you will have to deny black pretty hard, but for sure winnable.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Clyve wrote:

I definitely think it is possible. It will be tough, and you will have to deny black pretty hard, but for sure winnable.
    Agreed. I wouldn't try this with less than 3 yellow covers though - you need the strike tiles from Muscle countdowns to neutralize Cage's protect tile.
  • Clyve
    Clyve Posts: 91
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'll give it a go!
  • Cousin Simpson
    How about a 2/0/2 Kingpin? Will the damage from Fisk's Finger put a dent in Cage at that level?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about a 2/0/2 Kingpin? Will the damage from Fisk's Finger put a dent in Cage at that level?
    Tricky. Might work if you deny all yellow and black, wait for Luke to match away his protect tile, and then let the finger fly!
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the OP, adding in the lowest level to beat this unboosted might also be interesting to look at.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Quebbster wrote:
    Tricky. Might work if you deny all yellow and black, wait for Luke to match away his protect tile, and then let the finger fly!

At ~1K per Finger at level 70 and maybe 2K at 106 (the level cap), doesn't sound like it's worth trying for me today.
  • Got there with 3-2-1 Kingpin at 104 by denying black (getting lucky a lot) and getting a extremely favorable board that started with several 5+ cascades in black yellow and purple. And even the. Barely got there. But it was possible and took 8 tries
  • I beat cage last time with a 3/2/2 kingpin

Big key was firing black and yellow only after cage had matched away his protect tile
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I boosted heavily (and got a lucky board), but I beat Gamora with a 4/3/3@120 Star-Lord. Even with all that, still only won with like 500 health left.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Looking at the next matchup (since I only tried the KP/Cage one a few times), what kind of a chance does a 2/2/2 Carny have against Ock?