Level up and champ remaining 2*s?

Options
justplainchips
justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I'm wrestling with something and I lean both ways depending on my mood. And I'm just looking for other people's thoughts on the matter. Especially considering where I am in the game and where I'll likely to be for a while.

Basically I'm wondering if I should level up and champ the 2*s that I kept off of my roster until I had a bunch of extra slots after buying the Lunar Month sale HP pack.

I kept a stable of 9 2*s and still mainly use them for almost everything. The ones I kept off of my roster were:
icon_moonstone.png
icon_captainamerica.png
icon_bullseye_old.png (I can't even remember, does 2* bullseye use that icon or the same as the 3*? It doesn't matter)
icon_humantorch.png

I'm getting further along in the 3* transition. My roster is linked below and updated but I have the following within 3 covers of max:
icon_caroldanvers.png (at max covers)
icon_magneto.png (needs 1 cover)
icon_captainamerica.png (1 cover)
icon_hulk.png (1 cover)
icon_blackwidow.png (1 cover)
icon_daken.png (1 cover)
icon_humantorch.png (2 covers)
icon_rocket.png (2 covers)
icon_storm.png (2 covers)
icon_hood.png (2 covers)
icon_thor.png (2 covers)
icon_gamora.png (2 covers)
icon_wolverine.png (2 covers)
icon_kamalakhan.png (3 covers)
icon_lukecage.png (3 covers)

Of those it seems like the best candidates to go up to 166 and possibly champ together would be Mags, Cap, Luke Cage, KK, Hood?, Patch?, and Thor?.

I know that ISO is the big limiting factor in this game. I have about 675K right now and that will go quickly if I am able to max some of those 3*s (I think it's about 100K to go from 120 to 166). But it seems like the *real* ISO shortage is for the top players trying to max level their 4*s and that is either so far away for me that it doesn't seem to matter or realistically it will just never happen.

I know that long, long term it wouldn't be a good idea to level those 4 2*s up. It would cost about 280K ISO + 20K Champing. That's the same as bringing 3 3*s from 120 to 166. But I don't know when I'll actually get the covers for the best people to want to level them up (especially the other top tier 3*s that are further behind).

On the flip side, these 2*s would help me with PvE essential nodes (I used to just keep one cover of each in my queue). I'm still using boosted 2*s in PvP and they could help there. Plus the champ reward covers I'd get would help with the 3* transition and I can still always use HP and CP. Plus getting their covers from tokens or progression rewards won't feel like such a waste.

Thoughts? Anyone else wrestling or already wrestled with this?

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm having the same issue at the next tier and everyone tells me that I need to forgo championing the bottom tier of the 3*s and just focus on my 4*s. But I kind of want to just keep championing my 3*s and have fun doing it. This is a game and just because it may not be the "optimal" way of doing things doesn't mean it is wrong. Do what you think will be fun for you. This is suppose to entertain you and not be another job.

I kind of wish I had all the 2*s on my roster so every 2* cover would give me that great feeling when it is one i do have championed. My Hawkeye is only a few covers away from being fully championed and I kind of want to start over again when he is done. I may just champion another 2* I don't have on the roster.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    madok wrote:
    I'm having the same issue at the next tier and everyone tells me that I need to forgo championing the bottom tier of the 3*s and just focus on my 4*s. But I kind of want to just keep championing my 3*s and have fun doing it. This is a game and just because it may not be the "optimal" way of doing things doesn't mean it is wrong. Do what you think will be fun for you. This is suppose to entertain you and not be another job.

I kind of wish I had all the 2*s on my roster so every 2* cover would give me that great feeling when it is one i do have championed. My Hawkeye is only a few covers away from being fully championed and I kind of want to start over again when he is done. I may just champion another 2* I don't have on the roster.
    :)
    All of your thoughts are some of the exact same ones I'm having as well. I appreciate the reply.