Syncing games between phone and ipad

Options
Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey all!

When I first started playing I had two separate games going: one on my phone and one on my ipad. Last night I synced the game I had going on my ipad with Facebook. I would like to have that game be in my phone as well now, but I'm hesitant to sync my phone with Facebook because I don't want the game on my phone to override the save on my ipad. How does this process actually work? Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• You might want to wait for IceIX to confirm it, but I would:
    1. delete game from your phone (thus deleting progress)
    2. reinstall game
    3. sync with Facebook

It also might be as simple as just syncing with your Facebook.
  • IceX can any get any confirmation on this? I deleted my iPhone game but once you reinstall and start a new game you are forced to go through the tutorial. Again I would really like to have my save from my ipad be on my phone as well, but I don't want Facebook to sync my iPhone game instead. Please help. Thanks in advance!
  • HWood wrote:
    IceX can any get any confirmation on this? I deleted my iPhone game but once you reinstall and start a new game you are forced to go through the tutorial. Again I would really like to have my save from my ipad be on my phone as well, but I don't want Facebook to sync my iPhone game instead. Please help. Thanks in advance!

You don't have to go through the tutorial. When the opening screen comes up press the gear rather than starting the game. There you can link to Facebook (it will use the account that you have set up on your iphone in iPhones settings). It will pull in the save associated with Facebook. There is a confirmation first so you will be told exactly what it will do.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    greggray24 wrote:
    You don't have to go through the tutorial. When the opening screen comes up press the gear rather than starting the game. There you can link to Facebook (it will use the account that you have set up on your iphone in iPhones settings). It will pull in the save associated with Facebook. There is a confirmation first so you will be told exactly what it will do.
    If you haven't done this already, then yes, this exactly.
    1) Connect to FB on the device that has your save.
    2) Delete the game on the one you want to transfer to (Optional, just to be safe)
    3) Start up the new game and connect to FB. It'll ask to be overwritten.
    4) Press yes.
    5) Enjoy being linked.