Green Phoenix or Yellow OML to pair with Champ 2*

Astralgazer
Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
By sheer force of bad luck, I opened yellow OML the other day. I have so far sold one 5* cover (blue ****) because it messed up my scaling--I have championed a few 2* (Thor, MNMag, MBW, LilTorch, MNWolvie), and so far rely on power-up to get my PVE going. So far, for the last nodes of each sub, I nearly always go with 2 buffed champ 2* plus Phoenix. Thus far, this setup works for me. But, now that I have yellow OML on the wings, I wonder if I should sell Phoenix and go with OML instead.

Another crazy thought entered my head as I typed this: what if I pair Phoenix with OML, plus a champ 2*? My scaling would go beyond the stars for this, but I would like to know if it's worth it. Help?

Comments

• SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I've found, using both OML and Phoenix (and sufer and spidey...) that OML is far and away the best to pair with lower level.

He has higher match damage than Surfer or Phoenix, heals quite a bit each turn with his yellow, and if you get his black, he can "flip" and just wreck an otherwise tough fight.

Phoenix isn't bad by any means, but OML is miles better for the purpose you are describing.
  • Astralgazer
    Thanx for the answer. It will be a pain to see Phoenix go, but I will do what must be done. Another question then: should I level OML to 270, or keep him at 255?
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    Since you're still concerned about scaling, you can leave OML at 255. The match damage doesn't really go up that much from 255-270. Once you get at least 1/1/1 for OML, you can level him.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    FYI - the reds have said a change was coming to scaling and mmr. if you can hold out for a month or so, things might get better. might. I'd hate to have sold a 5* right before they didn't bork scaling any more. but I agree with others. oml yellow is what to keep. I have a 2/-/5 OML and I'd give nearly anything for a yellow. your 1 cover OML will be way more useful than my 7-cover OML.
  • Astralgazer
    Gee. Thanks for all your answers. I loath the fact that I love Phoenix so much; in fact I use her poster as wallpaper on my mobile. But gameplay trumps everything else, I guess. I will hold out as long as I can, ten days tops. Then bye-bye Jane, hello Logan.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    One other tip - don't open Legendary tokens if you don't want to roster 5*. If you don't have developed 3* (and then when they are boosted in PvE the 5* was not messing the scaling even without the changes Devs are promising) you have no need to get 4* now. Stash the tokens for when you are ready or man up and roster the 5* you get (no need to level them).
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    OML is pretty awesome. I have 1 yellow and 2 black, and they just eat up PvE. It's pretty solid in PvP as well with the right team.

If you still have time, take notes of your PvE and PvP nodes, get Jean, see if they really screws up your match making, then either keep her if it goes well or sell her if things are messed up.