Regarding Deadpool's Daily Quests* Updated (02/19/16)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
*Update (02/19/16)*

Hello,

Here's an update from Demiurge regarding Deadpool's Daily Quest:

Quote:
"After looking into how people were doing with the new Deadpool's Daily Quest missions we saw a few areas that were more difficult than what we were aiming for. Starting with the next Deadpool's Daily Quest (Tuesday, Feb. 23) we have made the following changes:
    - Ultron Sentries and Symbiote minions will appear less. - Enemies in missions that have at least 1 Ultron Sentry or Symbiote minion are easier (each enemy has up to 10 less levels). - Ultron can never turn up in the first 3 waves of The Big Enchilada mission."

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

We've heard your feedback on the revised Deadpool's Dailies and Demiurge are going take another look at how things are currently playing out and tweak where necessary. We don't have a time-table yet for when a fresh balance pass will be completed, but the team hope to refine Deadpool's Daily Quests in the coming weeks.

Thanks very much for the feedback!

Comments

• dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks David. I wasn't expecting the fuss when I made my initial post, which was more concerned about the noob experience than anything else - DDQ was getting stale for me and the changes are interesting, but there's not a lot of content tailored for the starting players.
  • pmorcs wrote:
    Caving to pathetic forum whiners again!

edit: To make this a constructive post, I thought the new mixup in DDQ was quite refreshing and kept me on my toes a bit more. Sorry to see it wasn't universally loved.
    Considering that the vast majority of players aren't playing with a full roster of maxed 3* and 4* at their disposal, this has been a significant change to newer players ability to progress. I would imagine that the prior iteration of DDQ would be much closer to "universally loved" that what we see now.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I do not mind the increased challenge, but I do feel the rewards should be increased accordingly.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    One solution would be to add an infinite wave of random bad guys, (goons, symbiotes, S.H.I.E.L.D troops, H.A.M.M.E.R. guys, ultron fighters, flyers, gunners.). The 1st wave starts at base level, and each wave scales up. The waves just keep coming non stop until all of your characters are dead. Or make it 20 waves long where the last wave suddenly has 5 or 6 level 300+ characters, (Heroes or Villians, or both mixed together). This way everyone could play, regardless of roster strength. Weaker rosters wouldn't be able to finish probably, but they could still get some good rewards.

And set the rewards something like;
    Beat wave 3 - - - 1k iso
    Beat wave 6 - - - 2500 iso
    Beat wave 9 - - - 2500 iso, + standard token
    Beat wave 12 - - - 4k iso
    Beat wave 15 - - - 4500 iso + heroic token
    Beat wave 18 - - - 6k iso + 50 HP
    Beat wave 20 - - - 6k iso + 50 HP + 5 CP

note. Finishing all 20 waves does not get you all reward teirs. Finishing the 20th wave gets you 6k iso, 50 HP, 5 CP only.

That, IMO, would be a great addition to the DDQ. Especially if it was not locked after completion. We wouldn't get rewards for playinh it over, but it would still be fun. Endless waves of enemies. Wave after wave after wave after wave until death. That would be awesome.

JJ
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    How about a DD DD. The double-double deadpool daily?

First, double the ISO that deadpool daily rewards.

Then, double the number of deadpool dailies. Include both the original 5 pre-set missions, and 5 more randomized missions like what currently runs.

-No harm to the people that liked the old way
    -No harm to the people that liked the new way
    -Everyone gets more ISO, which helps alleviate the ISO problems that the devs have supposedly been working on a solution to since Anniversary.

The only thing better than Double D's is doubling your Double D's.

Edit: Oh, and put CP back into it.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    If there is one thing I think seriously needs tweaking: please don't put Ultron sentries in places where goons should be. Personally, I don't even think Ultron sentries should even be classified as "goons" since they can do one crucial thing that no other goons can do, which is that they can take the turn manipulating the board. That makes them way more challenging and the mechanic of fighting them completely different from fighting other goons.

If you're gonna put them anywhere, put them where normal, non-goon characters would be.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker

edit: To make this a constructive post, I thought the new mixup in DDQ was quite refreshing and kept me on my toes a bit more. Sorry to see it wasn't universally loved.

I don't mind harder nodes, BUT, we have no idea what we are fighting. So is it lvl 200+ minions or Ultron lvl 125? It's so hard with the wave nodes, because we don't know what to expect week after week.

Then it sucks getting to the last wave and the wipe you silly (see last node of Heart of Darkness, starting with GR+OCT+DAK, then CMAGS+FURY+???, then the bloody last one to boot).
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    fnedude wrote:

I don't mind harder nodes, BUT, we have no idea what we are fighting. So is it lvl 200+ minions or Ultron lvl 125? It's so hard with the wave nodes, because we don't know what to expect week after week.

Then it sucks getting to the last wave and the wipe you silly (see last node of Heart of Darkness, starting with GR+OCT+DAK, then CMAGS+FURY+???, then the bloody last one to boot).
    In survival node just show the first wave of enemies so we know what we are getting into.
  • GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    If there is one thing I think seriously needs tweaking: please don't put Ultron sentries in places where goons should be. Personally, I don't even think Ultron sentries should even be classified as "goons" since they can do one crucial thing that no other goons can do, which is that they can take the turn manipulating the board. That makes them way more challenging and the mechanic of fighting them completely different from fighting other goons.

If you're gonna put them anywhere, put them where normal, non-goon characters would be.

This, plus what makes Ultron sentry waves even more challenging is that, because they don't have active powers, all that AP they collect from moving the board is saved up for the next wave of characters. If you're unable to finish the wave with a power or a match-5, you get your brains blasted out when the next wave arrives.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    One solution would be to add an infinite wave of random bad guys, (goons, symbiotes, S.H.I.E.L.D troops, H.A.M.M.E.R. guys, ultron fighters, flyers, gunners.). The 1st wave starts at base level, and each wave scales up. The waves just keep coming non stop until all of your characters are dead. Or make it 20 waves long where the last wave suddenly has 5 or 6 level 300+ characters, (Heroes or Villians, or both mixed together). This way everyone could play, regardless of roster strength. Weaker rosters wouldn't be able to finish probably, but they could still get some good rewards.

And set the rewards something like;
    Beat wave 3 - - - 1k iso
    Beat wave 6 - - - 2500 iso
    Beat wave 9 - - - 2500 iso, + standard token
    Beat wave 12 - - - 4k iso
    Beat wave 15 - - - 4500 iso + heroic token
    Beat wave 18 - - - 6k iso + 50 HP
    Beat wave 20 - - - 6k iso + 50 HP + 5 CP

note. Finishing all 20 waves does not get you all reward teirs. Finishing the 20th wave gets you 6k iso, 50 HP, 5 CP only.

That, IMO, would be a great addition to the DDQ. Especially if it was not locked after completion. We wouldn't get rewards for playinh it over, but it would still be fun. Endless waves of enemies. Wave after wave after wave after wave until death. That would be awesome.

JJ

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!! This is the EXACT type of thing that I'd want and even pay for. This sounds just as lovely as a 24 / 7 Lightning Round.

Please please PLEASE think of fun / time killing / NON COMPETITIVE things like this for us to do!!! ESPECIALLY now, with Prologue being taken from us.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks, appreciate you reading and acting on the feedback.

As someone with in the 2* to 3* transition, I've been able to beat the DDQ every day so far - wiping twice on the first day, and once today. I was able to use a 3* team to win. I like a challenge, but simply harder with no greater reward isn't fun.

Looking forward to what's next.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    The change in variation of characters is good. There has been new enemy types and new enemy heroes and it's only smart to add them to the DDQ to add some flavour to what has been an extremely predictable rotation.

The change to difficulty is not. Facing ultron goons on the first node of The Big Enchilada, when for a whole year we've enjoyed that first wave as an AP collection time to nuke the subsequent heroes waves, is an idiotic change.

As I've previously suggested, there should not have been any change to the goon->hero->goon->hero waves in The Big Enchilada. Change the characters we face, no problem, but don't make it harder to do than before.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still think letting Ultron's goonbots make matches is one of the best trolls the devs have ever pulled.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    pabasa130 wrote:
    The change in variation of characters is good. There has been new enemy types and new enemy heroes and it's only smart to add them to the DDQ to add some flavour to what has been an extremely predictable rotation.

The change to difficulty is not. Facing ultron goons on the first node of The Big Enchilada, when for a whole year we've enjoyed that first wave as an AP collection time to nuke the subsequent heroes waves, is an idiotic change.

As I've previously suggested, there should not have been any change to the goon->hero->goon->hero waves in The Big Enchilada. Change the characters we face, no problem, but don't make it harder to do than before.

I partially disagree with this. While making Ultron Sentries and Ultron Prime the first wave is a bit too much, the goon-hero-goon-hero format isn't something that shouldn't be tinkered with. Keeping the first wave for AP collection is a good idea (and removing the sentries from the first round is the one suggestion I made after they showed up the first day), but the structure of the last three should be able to vary after that point (all goons, 1 hero and 2 goons, 3 heroes, or even Ultron sentries with or without Ultron).
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    I would not want it to go back to the way it was previously, but I think a little more refinement will help. I haven't had a problem with the new format in general, but I also recognize I'm much further along then most players (4* transition) and that the original form at least looked like it appealed to a larger variety of rosters.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    I still think letting Ultron's goonbots make matches is one of the best trolls the devs have ever pulled.

Technically, Ultron's goonbots are Ultron, so canonically, it makes sense for them to move the board. Having said that, they probably need to be treated as a level above standard goons for that reason in survival nodes (particularly, as pointed out, the next wave get to unload all the AP they collect).
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    I have to agree with most of the folks in this thread. The change makes it a bit more challenging and I was also feeling it getting stale. I used the same teams every day just to get the ISO and tokens. Today, I wiped on the third wave of the last node and because of the Sentries. Had to rethink the team I wanted to use and felt it added a bit of change that I was looking for. I, for one, thank you for the interesting change in DDQ.
  • Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    So, long time lurker, first time poster. The usual.

As one of the people in that lovely 2* to 3* transition phase (Several champed 2*s but none maxed, and 3*s floating in and around the 4-7 cover range and nowhere near maxed), I had started looking at the Big Enchilada to expand my 3* covers, and get me on that road.

Yes, the new ones since the revamp have been harder. In a couple of cases, much harder than I could handle with my usual tactics. I tried a few different character combinations, still didn't find one that worked for today's mix up.

So I shrugged, and looked at what I actually -had- gotten out of today's DDQ experience. 1700 ISO, 2 tacos, and a bit of experience on how to better handle opponent targeting choices, which 2* team works better than the other, and how to go about maximizing my options with what I had. Pulled a couple of 2* covers out of the vault to add champion levels (Yay for another 100 HP!), and moved on. Today, I was not to get that 2k final bonus. Oh well. I'll get it tomorrow, or the next day.

Sure, I'm a completionist. I want one of everything in my roster. Eventually. Yes, I want to one day sit back and say "Ha! Finished!" But I don't want that day this calendar year. Sure, at times, it seems a bit frenetic with new character releases, and all the hurly burly of keeping up with the joneses and whatnot, but that's not why I'm here.

I don't expect to ever be a regular Top anything in any event. I don't spend enough money for that, and I get that, and accept it. I'm good with the long long haul to get where I want to be. Yes, there are going to be those folks who look at my little n00b rant and think "Wow, they sure suckered that one," but in the end, I close out my phone, put it away, and have a day where I got something done in a game I enjoy that makes me think and puzzle.

It's not rote. It's not do the exact same moves over and over to accomplish a flawless victory. If I wanted that, I'd go play street fighter. I'm here because I want a game that makes me go Hmm. To me, the changes they made to DDQ did just that. Two weeks ago, I was firing through 9 out of 10 Enchiladas with the basic old OBW/2Thor/2Storm combo with never a care in the world that I wouldn't finish it in one or two tries.

This week, I've tried out MNMags, Wolvie, Moonstone, and even Hawkeye who I never even gave a second thought to before. Turns out I enjoy them too. Sure, I've only managed to get 2 out of the 4 covers since the change, but.. I won twice. That's something, right?

So... tl;dr: n00b is Okay with the changes. I think it was a positive in the long run.
  • Skymedium
    Skymedium Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    I doubt anyone without a really strong 3* rooster can clear the daily.

In My opinion the deadpool daily should stay the same as before since its a great way for newer players to get some covers.

Stronger roosters gets plenty of covers from the events.
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    I guess I don't have the avaliable time most other players do. There is no way I could sit down and play 20 waves at once. I barely have time to run DDQ and maybe a couple nodes in another event. This change really hurt my ability and desire to play. As a casual player I'm already expecting that I will not be able to hurtle the 3 to 4* transition -- I'm not going to grind my way to the T10 in any event, I simply don't have the time. These changes in DDQ have made me wonder if I'll even get to that level now.

Just for the record I'm not whining or expecting anything I haven't earned. I'm just saying that DDQ was the last bastion of the casual player and if it isn't changed from its current form casual play will drastically diminish and possibly evaporate.