Show us your Deck!

Comments

• Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975
    Nissa deck I'm tuning, current version

7CnWsYD.jpg

Need a couple more rares to try out as soon as I get it....

Sigil of valor could seem overcosted for an average effect of 2/2 but it is a good way to get back the control of the field if you happen to lose it(in that case is 3/3). Saved my **** many times.
  • Somberwald Alpha is a awesome, especially when facing Murder Investigation + Gideon's first ability or the variety of other defenders he throws out.
  • Morphis
    kore wrote:
    Somberwald Alpha is a awesome, especially when facing Murder Investigation + Gideon's first ability or the variety of other defenders he throws out.
    Yes that small bonus saved my creatures many times.... Also can help a renown colossus to not waste all that damage on a small defender or sometimes to get renown through the trample damage icon_e_smile.gif

What I have doubts about is mostly conclave/elemental bond/silvan messenger
    Probably will remove conclave and elemental if I get 2 out of 3 cards I am looking for.
  • Morphis wrote:
    kore wrote:
    Somberwald Alpha is a awesome, especially when facing Murder Investigation + Gideon's first ability or the variety of other defenders he throws out.
    Yes that small bonus saved my creatures many times.... Also can help a renown colossus to not waste all that damage on a small defender or sometimes to get renown through the trample damage icon_e_smile.gif

What I have doubts about is mostly conclave/elemental bond/silvan messenger
    Probably will remove conclave and elemental if I get 2 out of 3 cards I am looking for.

We have six cards in common*, here is my deck:

Outland Colossus*
    Skysnare Spider*
    Dwynen Gilt-Leaf Daen*
    Somberwald Alpha*
    Herald of the Pantheon
    Animist's Awakening*
    Helm of the Gods
    Nissa's Pilgrimage*
    Sword of the Animist
    Battlefield Forge

I've gone back and forth on Helm of the Gods for my second spell, but it's saved me a few times even though I exile it a lot; sometimes I've played whole matches without a single one of my supports coming out.

Herald of the Pantheon really helps ramp my supports and does a little healing on the side which has been a great bonus.

Sword of the Animist is a given for me, especially if I need to clear more gems because there aren't a lot of managreen.png out for my AA.

Battlefield Forge is a great supplement to Nissa's Pilgrimage by creating more match opportunities with allied gems.
  • kore wrote:
    RubiconX wrote:

It seems like you have way too many (expensive) creatures in there, but that's just me. Throw in more support to perma-buff Blessed Spirits, e.g. Murder Investigation and Suppression Bonds. Knightly Valor is nice for a quick 4/4 with buff after the Knight token is destroyed. Each casting is a +2/+2 to Blessed Spirits. Then, if you have Suppression Bonds, you throw in Swift Reckoning for removal.

Just my 2 cents.

Firstly, I find support/spells mostly just a hindrance to Gideon. And, more complicated to play than monsters. I'm an aggressive player, so I just like to go out and smash things, rather than work out neat strategies icon_e_smile.gif

I also find it rare that I have long to wait to get creatures out. I know many of the cards are expensive, but that doesn't seem to handicap me at all. The only one that does seem to be slow is IC, but it's such a delight when I do get it out and Gideon starts buffing it. I also find Evolving Wilds a lot more useful than it seems. Especially against a mana stealer.

My creature preferences are:

Consul's Lieutenant
    KotWO
    Relic Seeker
    IC
    Blessed Spirits

I play Enlightened Ascetic if my health is low. A couple of buffs and it makes a great medic!

Sword of the Animist is a fantastic card! In fact my perfect opening hand is:

Evolving Wilds
    Consul's Lieutenant
    Sword of the Animist

Not the most amazing strategy, but I don't think I've ever lost when I start by playing these cards.
  • aesith
    aesith Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Chandra
    FmyLe4a.jpg
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    kore wrote:

I find Murder Investigation to be pretty useless on defense now. The cost increase of his first ability makes use of it pretty judicious.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    It combos nicely with Knightly Valor so you don't need to rely on Gideon.
  • It combos nicely with Knightly Valor so you don't need to rely on Gideon.

"He's right, you know." - Morgan Freeman
  • My Gideon is low level but has a good deck:

Angel of tithes
    Relic seeker
    Enlightened ascetic
    Suppression bonds
    Evolving wilds
    Avian battle priest
    Sword of the animist
    Bonded construct
    Enshrouding mist

The key to this deck is Gideon's t1 ability and mist. It's brutally unfair when it drops Angel of tithes, feeds 6 mana into a mist then gives the Angel vigilance, damage prevent and +2/+2 the next turn. It swings for 9 then wipes their board on the block ending with full health. The rest of the deck is there to stall until you assemble the combo. I've started fights with 4 life and ended with 40. Only bouncy blue decks stand a chance. Even if you never draw Angel if you reinforce an ascetic and plop 1/1 on it every turn it gets really really hard to out race especially when you're dropping mist on it to make it a 4/4 vigilance life link. Usually it wipes their board and gains you 4/8/12 life depending on the board state.
  • Morphis
    Nissa 2.0

jz4FTvm.jpg

The option to discard really helps to acknowledge cards that do not work well...
    Ended up removing naturalists and elemental bond that I found to be there useless most of the time.
    Not knowing what to put I did give a 2nd chance to mantle of webs... Wow!
    It is reeeally great. I thought it would have been overcosted but helps is many ways...
    Both my reach creature go to 9 thoughness with it meaning are able to face a 6/6 and survive.
    If I manage to put it on colossus is almost guaranteed win.
    Yes this is prone to bounce and kill spells. But there are not many lilianas so only jace is a problem. But he is a problem anyways XD
    Forge is there for more help in ramp(will be the main candidate to take off followed by sylvan messenger if I get my hands on a couple cards...).

In the current state is already really powerful and much more consistent than previous one I linked.

Edit: trying to get a substitute for the forge that I find underperforming...
    Using trolls at the moment but beside some occasional combo with mantle of webs I do not find them really good.
    Any suggestions?
  • I play Jace level 50 with those cards:
    Mizzium Meddler
    Talent of the Telepath
    Displacement Wave
    Ringwarden Owl
    Anchor to the AEther
    Tower Geist
    Scrapskin Drake
    Disciple of the Ring
    Meteorite
    Claustrophobia

I think the Mizzium Meddler is the strongest card aganist AI, Talent of the Telepath, Artificer's Epiphany and Tower Geist help me to find its, thank also with the hero ability ingenuity that give me the last spell i played for free, Displacement Wave can destroy enemy minion if the hand is full (not touched from the patch 1.3) and also destroy token, i use Claustrophobia, Scrapskin Drake and Anchor to the AEther for stall the game until the draw of Mizzium Meddler.

OK the deck is slow but the only problematic enemy other the misfortune is Liliana that can burn your answer to her card or Nissa in the case of crazy mana combo or very unlucky draw

Any help is welcome because i don't know all the cards

I see from the heroic duel aganis jace a nice card that polymorph an enemy creature into a frog 1/1 that can be a nice add tho this deck
  • Reclaim Nissa:

Reclaim screams broken to me. Basically it ramps you 4-5 mana depending on what you sacrifice (In my deck it is usually either Honored Hierarch or Elvish Visionary because they cost 5 or 6 and Reclaim costs so that's 8-9 mana costing, but both of those creatures have utility on their own that ramp you to lessen that cost).

Herald of the Pantheon also seems broken to me, along with Animist's Awakening (My Nissa is not high enough level to the point where I can run both of those, as I can only run one spell).

So here is the list:
      Reclaim Nissa's Pilgrimmage Elvish Visionary Elemental Bond Honored Hierarch Herald of the Pantheon Concave Naturalists Skysnare Spider Dwynen Gilt-Leaf Daen Woodland Bellower

I wish I had Sylvan Messenger and Gaea's Revenge, because they would probably be in here.
  • Morphis
    Reclaim Nissa:

Reclaim screams broken to me. Basically it ramps you 4-5 mana depending on what you sacrifice (In my deck it is usually either Honored Hierarch or Elvish Visionary because they cost 5 or 6 and Reclaim costs so that's 8-9 mana costing, but both of those creatures have utility on their own that ramp you to lessen that cost).

Herald of the Pantheon also seems broken to me, along with Animist's Awakening (My Nissa is not high enough level to the point where I can run both of those, as I can only run one spell).

So here is the list:
      Reclaim Nissa's Pilgrimmage Elvish Visionary Elemental Bond Honored Hierarch Herald of the Pantheon Concave Naturalists Skysnare Spider Dwynen Gilt-Leaf Daen Woodland Bellower

I wish I had Sylvan Messenger and Gaea's Revenge, because they would probably be in here.
    Being mostly a nissa player myself I can give some advice...
    I am not that fond of reclaim but u can see it work somehow...
    Anyways there are some flaws in your deck usage/construction:
    - animist is better than reclaim. Reclaim needs 2 total cards(1 in play 1 is the reclaim itself) mana spent total is 3 + the creature cost so you are looking at least at 8 mana spent total. With the slight benefit of having it spread across 2 cards.
    Animist is only one card that costs 10 and can easily gain you more than 12 mana.
    So i would honestly go animist first and reclaim when you get 2nd spell slot
    - honored hierarch is one of the worst target possible for reclaim unless you cast it and proceed to reclaim the same turn. Because if hierarch survives(having vigilance makes it harder) he will be most likely a great sourc of mana production by itself.

Rest of stuff is ok as you said you need to improve the collection.
  • Hierarch is not bad for reclaim actually, as if you need the mana you can get it. It's the best low drop I can play, and if I need to reclaim it I will. Any small creatures is a good target for Reclaim.
  • Morphis
    Hierarch is not bad for reclaim actually, as if you need the mana you can get it. It's the best low drop I can play, and if I need to reclaim it I will. Any small creatures is a good target for Reclaim.
    What I meant is that if you manage to keep him alive you could just wait for reclaim cause you can get mana from him.
    Of course if he is going to die(because of vigilance or cause he will attack a defender/vigilance/reach opponent creature) then could be a good idea to reclaim him.
    But he costs 6 mana and has no "enter the battlefield" effect(unlike herald of phantom/elvish visionary). So by itself is not that good of a target for it.
    My whole point was the amount of "if" needed to make him a "valid" target for it(not even a good target).
    That was the main reason for my objection.
  • mixed bag
    mixed bag Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Here was my Jace deck post update:

Harbringer of Tides
    Mizzium Meddler
    Disciple of the Ring

Anchor to Ether
    Talent of the Telepath
    Day's Undoing
    Turn to Frog

Claustrophobia (only 1 life now, and not worth it)
    Jace's Sanctum (Too expensive now)
    Sphinx's Tutelage

Before the update, in QB and story the only loss I ever suffered was from Nissa's Mana Ramp combined with Gaea's Revenge. Had to get rid of Jace's Sanctum and replace with Brawler's Plate. An extremely effective support for creature removal combined with Jace's first ability if your bounce doesn't come.

My post update modified Jace deck:

Harbringer of Tides - Although nerfed, is still effective when used at the right time.
    Mizzium Meddler - Bomb creature/tempo/control card
    *Tower Geist - Removed Disciple (still a good card) as it was too expensive, and with bounce becoming more difficult to play, deck needed a cheap flyer with a good body and a enter battlefied effect. Did trial Soulblade Djinn - worked ok, but found I was holding back spells for the right time and didn't get his benefit as often as liked.

Anchor to Ether - Still effective if held in reserve for when his creature hits the battlefield and opponent has five cards in hand.
    Talent of the Telepath - Still an efficient tutor.
    Day's Undoing - Great against blacks card removal (*Demonic Pact). When Mizzium is out and his hand has mana-stacked cards - very amusing when cast, or if you have a hand of unwanted cards or as if its the last card in your hand.
    Turn to frog - Good control card when bounce isn't your friend.
    Displacement Wave - Only hazy card in the deck. Only needed when you are up againts agro and mana ramp with a quick board of enemy creatures.

Sphinx's Tutelage - Good early game. When combined with Mizzium/Anchor to Ether/Days Undoing. Plus now that you can exile cards in your hand, make sure you have 5 cards in your hand at the end of the turn for the effect.
    Brawler's Plate - With bounce nerfed, this card plus Jace's first ability will provide good creature removal.

This deck may take a while being a very control based deck, but with the card draw you do have the ability to get out creatures fast, but it has yet to lose a QB in v1.3
  • mixed bag
    mixed bag Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Here's my Nissa Deck. Went from being garbage to extremely playable post v1.3

Honored Hierach (2/2) - Trick with not letting him die, either get him out first thing so he can get you the mana bonus, or put him out once you have a creature with reach. (Enemy creatures will hit a defender before hitting vigilance)
    Conclave Naturalists (4/4) - Handy body and for those annoying enemy supports. (I usually replace him another creature on the board if needed)
    Herald of the Pantheon (4/4) - Good body, great synergy with supports below.
    Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen (5/6) - Average body, already has defender which is handy, but his activation is handy.

The Great Aurora - Fantastic staple, when opponent gets the jump on you.
    Animist's Awakening - Mandatory staple, will assist with mana ramp with the possibility of hitting Hierach/Dwynen's activated ability.
    Mantle of Web's - Very useful to put on another creature to keep Hierach alive, soak up incoming damage. I believe to be very underrated.

Alhammarret's Archive - Extremely useful for agro. Keeps the rate of cards flowing as fast as the mana ramp. Also double life gain with Dwynen's/Herald's ability.
    Sword of the Animist - Good buff, plus can hit activated gems.
    Nissa's Pilgramage - Extremely useful, free if Herald comes out.

This deck has great synergy, only lost once or twice funnily enough to Nissa.
  • Morphis wrote:
    Nissa 2.0

jz4FTvm.jpg

Not knowing what to put I did give a 2nd chance to mantle of webs... Wow!
    It is reeeally great. I thought it would have been overcosted but helps is many ways...
    Both my reach creature go to 9 thoughness with it meaning are able to face a 6/6 and survive.
    If I manage to put it on colossus is almost guaranteed win.

I like mantle of webs a lot. But I don't have the both reach creatures like you. In your case I would probably switch it with honored hierarch or the support kill. Together with a reach creature hierarch lives long enough to be really helpful.

I don't think that buffing your reach creatures with mantle is really efficient. Reinforcing them would do so much more. Collossus is indeed really great with reach though.
  • 4 creatures / 2 spells / 4 support

Aven battle priest
    Auramancer
    Cónsul's lieutenant
    Iroas's champion
    Gideon's phalanx
    Healing hands
    Knightly valor
    Murder investigation
    Sigil of the empty throne
    Veteran's sidearm

my tactics

Well, i have a lot of ways to win, some more expensive than other..

WAYS:
    1)MY FAVOURITE WAY: Iroas's champion first, after i use 1st pw ability and all 5 life opp creatures are out.

2)THE SOLDIERS OP WAY: knightly valor / gideon' s phalanx .. is a 4/4 vigi for 9 mana or a 8/8 vigi for 21 mana, just wipe all opp creatures while u hit hard or wait for other card =)

3)THE ANGEL WAY: first sigil of empty throne and then all the supports u have, for example with a knightly valor get a angel 4/4 with vigi and a 2/2 soldier.. just keep doing this and win.

*** other tips:
    *Cónsul's lieutenant: when u need kill fast , a 4/3 renow 1 just for 12 mana is a way to win too, just dont forget put +1/+1 vigilance from pw.
    *Aven battle priest: 3/3 fly for 11 mana and heal 4!!! well just put pw 1º ability and pray for other way to win or more of this stack =)
    * healing hands: soooo autoexplicative, but u can finish a LOT of quick battles without damage, or enter damaged and heal without wasting a potion =)
    * Auramancer: well... i don't have other card for now, but is good when u are in troubles (wipe one x/3 opp creat with 1º pw) and u can get one support for the angel way strategy.
    * murder investigation: a 5 mana support XD
    *veteran's sidearm: a 6 mana support and yeah! +1/+1

THATS ALL!!! this is a easy to play deck, but u must take in count one important fact: CHOOSE well your path to win, and if u have a iroas's champion with 9˜10 mana just DON'T is time to start giving mana to a gideon's phalanx XD