13»

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Ice and Cyke is a great combo, actually. You just need to respec your Cyke (hurray for championing!) to 553. That way you have Cyke as a red and/or green feeder (his yellow output will change depending on which order you put the two in), Iceman as a blue feeder, and no less than 3 big damage powers between Ice's green and blue and Cyke's red.

These two guys have my vote for current top two best 4* characters, with good old Jean rounding out the top 3.

We'll have to see what the exact stats of Nova are, but if his damage output is high enough and his strikes are halfway decent, I think he has top tier potential as well.

Bolded... No it wont. Cyclops Yellow awards AP at random if the numbers are true-tied (read, a numerical tie of two same-level, same-star characters).

Not quite right IME. It's random as long as there is a numerical tie for match dmg. Any combination of 3-4* characters from level 210-270 will all have 83 as their highest match dmg value. For me it has all been random from there regardless of level and star differences.

Ah man I still don't understand why they did this change, completely stupid...

I have not noticed after the match damage change, but he should use the decimals to untie (but of course maybe now that there are no lineal progression for match damage there are no decimals anymore)...
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Many thanks for this Colog, this is really helpful!

I assume when we talk about the top 5 and getting two of them as the priority, I assume this means one of Hulkbuster and Cyc and the other being Jean, Ice or Red Hulk? I have a max covered HB and then my next covered one is Cyc at 10 covers. Jean and Ice are at 6 covers and Red Hulk is at 4 (the much desired 1/0/3 build).

I assume if I have HB fully operational then Cyc is not really a priority? And I am better off focussing on someone else at max covers with some synergy like Kingpin or Thing? I also have a max 4Thor but think her synergy with HB is not great
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IlDuderino wrote:
    Many thanks for this Colog, this is really helpful!

I assume when we talk about the top 5 and getting two of them as the priority, I assume this means one of Hulkbuster and Cyc and the other being Jean, Ice or Red Hulk? I have a max covered HB and then my next covered one is Cyc at 10 covers. Jean and Ice are at 6 covers and Red Hulk is at 4 (the much desired 1/0/3 build).

I assume if I have HB fully operational then Cyc is not really a priority? And I am better off focussing on someone else at max covers with some synergy like Kingpin or Thing? I also have a max 4Thor but think her synergy with HB is not great

Ideally yes, you'd rather have the 5-color combo, but HB-4Cyc works fine. Multiple red accelerants and you can use both reds to split up the damage rather than deal with the overkill you sometimes are forced into with HB.

KP wouldn't be a bad partner but then you should probably consider a 5/3/5 HB (believe this is something Colog was running for a while).

HB/Thing is awkward to play, never found them to have great synergy, but I only now got him champed and to 5/3/5, so maybe that plays a little better.
  • zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What Burit0 has said I find very true, when you are in the 5 star transition xfdp is better than hulk buster. I run a 10 cover Logan most of the time and I haven't used HB for months. Logan xfdp on the other hand can easily take on two level 400+ 5 stars.
    Once the black strike tiles are out xfdp purple is crazy plus you punish every single match with a 4k one turn CD.

Logan cyke is also good, with +2 boost one yellow match gives you black ap on both black and TU plus you get strike tiles out from Logan's red on the second turn. And cyke can hide behind wolvie on both red and yellow matches
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been running the Thing/XFDP combo in PvP this week and I am barely getting hit. Thing being boosted probably has a lot to do with that, but it is very satisfying to take on high level teams and knowing that X-enforcer will shred them if they put a toe out of line. I had one game against a Rulkbuster where they triggered both Overdrive and Rulk's purple in the same turn. I happened to have enough red for one Clobberin Time, and I decided to use it on Hulkbuster as the team damage from Rulk would help more...