Level my 2/1/2 OML?

Options
AionTeleos
AionTeleos Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I'm in the early stages of the 4* transition. I've got XF Wolverine fully (if not ideally) covered at level 175, Jean Grey at 1/5/5, level 180, and Professor X At 5/3/3, also level 180. My other decent-to-good 4 stars are definitely nowhere near prime time (though Hulk Buster and 4Thor are close). In 3* land, I have 4 or 5 characters who aren't championed, all but one of whom is parked at 120 (IM40 among them).

I also, as the subject line says, have an OML at 2/1/2. He's currently at level 275, and his soft cap is level 330. It wouldn't take me long to build the iso necessary to level cap him, but I'm worried that if I do so I'll find myself being matched with nothing but fully covered and leveled 5 stars, which I'd be nowhere near being able to reliably beat. Think my concerns are overblown? If you had my roster, would you sink your iso into him, or champion the remaining 3 stars while slowly building up your 4 stars?

I'm in a fun, but definitely non-competitive alliance, for what it's worth. My 4 star covers come almost exclusively from PVP progression rewards, which are still tough for me to achieve, and from legendary tokens.

Comments

• I'd say level up your other 4*s at first, and get that OML to 270ish too. Keep it nice and even.

When you got more then one good max'd 4 star, max out Logan and eh deal with whatever happens.
  • Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Options
    I concur. Without strong 4* support you will have a hard time on PVP. 330 OML is really an easy target for people with strong 4* rosters.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    I have a 2/1/2 OML at 315 and 6 maxed 4*s. I still see mostly JeanBusters in PvP, and in fact often CAN'T see maxed 5 star teams even when I can see they are unshielded on the leaderboard and spend gobs of ISO skipping to find them.
  • Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Options
    When I have my 5* at level 315 that I only see Jeanbusters or other maxed 4* team but once I leveled him to 390..bang! Every match there is at least a 5 start over the level of 340~350.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bossblack wrote:
    When I have my 5* at level 315 that I only see Jeanbusters or other maxed 4* team but once I leveled him to 390..bang! Every match there is at least a 5 start over the level of 340~350.
    anyone know where that crossover happens? 315 to 390 is a big jump. have a 1/4/3 SS that I've considered leveling but haven't yet.

also, I've heard that it only borks the mmr if you have him in on defense. if you climb with 4*s, doesn't it give you 4* teams? could climb then put in on def maybe if that's the case? if not...well, that's why I haven't done much with it yet. I'd hate to tie myself into only hitting level 3xx 5*s.