Need advice : To softcap or not

Options
Dukito
Dukito Posts: 15
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Hi,

First i want to apologize in advance for my english cause i'm french. i'll do my best.
I'm a big fan of marvel puzzle quest and i follow this forum for long time. I've read a lot of topics and have followed a lot of advices, essentially the one which say you have to softcap your roster. I'm now a 300days 3* transitionning player and i've got a hulk 3* and a Human torch 3* fully covered. My roster is currently softcapped at level 110, i think i'm going to level 120. But with the new matchmaking improvement (wich arrive in march), i want to go to 166 to champion both of hulk and lazy torch now. Furthermore, i get two covers of hulk and with DDQ i'll get a cover of lazy torch next week. i hace 450k iso and i think i can manage to improve a lot my characters.

Do i'll have to wait for the matchmaking improvement or can i go now.

Thanks for your advices.

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would suggest not pushing just those two characters to 166 just for championing. Until we get more details about the exact formula for the new matchmaking, I would operate under the current rules. Where you don't want just one or two maxed characters boosting your scaling and making life more difficult.

I would focus on getting to 120 as a group and see what is going to happen when we get closer to the date. Yes, you may have to sell a cover or two for ISO but it is worth it in my opinion to not have to deal with the scaling bump. Plus, that ISO you have isn't going to disappear so save it up.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree with madok. if you push a small number of characters way ahead, they really need to be top tier characters. torch and hulk are good. torch is a good, but fragile/low health, damage dealer and hulk is a good green generator that requires taking damage to do what he does best. I'd wait until I filled out my covered characters more. 120 wouldn't hurt anything, but I would not take them to 166 yet. if you are going to voluntarily increase your scaling (based on the top 3 characters on your roster, from what I can tell), you want those characters to be the absolute best in the game. plus, I'd also want to see what scaling/mmr changes are coming. also, if you stumble into LTs or enough cp to get an LT, just hoard it and don't open it. for now, it will mess up your scaling worse than a couple of 166s would.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Agree with others. Those two are particularly bad because they happen to share the exact same colors. I'm largely against soft capping, but it makes sense until you can field at least one team of top tier 3* characters.
  • Dukito
    Dukito Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for your advices, i'll do it when i'll got a good team (maybe with cyclop and daken).