Levelling Prof X.

Druss
Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Need some help please.

I have a level 147 Prof X - covered 5/4/3 - match Dam yellowflag.png 59 B blueflag.png 76 purpleflag.png 67 redflag.png 13 greenflag.png 12 blackflag.png 11.

I have a level 168 Scarlet Witch - covered 5/3/5 - match Dam yellowflag.png 13 B blueflag.png 62 purpleflag.png 79 redflag.png 11 greenflag.png 70 blackflag.png 12.

I have a level 183 GSBW - covered 5/3/5 - match Dam yellowflag.png 11 B blueflag.png 12 purpleflag.png 81 redflag.png 63 greenflag.png 72 blackflag.png 13.

I wish to level Prof X but don't know at what level he will no longer create purple from his blue ability.

Anyone able to shed some light please?

Comments

• Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    My ProfX @169

79/70/62
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't do it this week, he's on the boosted last next week
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    You can level him until his match damage for blue matches your purple match damage, and then place him on the right in the match. Done.

I said match a lot.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    After last changes I think (not 100% sure) all chars have the same match damage at the same level, so If your GSBW is level 183, you can theorically level him to that same level and put him in the left and both would have the same max match damage. BUT I think now ties are random, so better level him to witch level, 168, and then he will have blue at the same level than her purple, below GSBW purple.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I thought the first tiebreaker was tier, so a 4 star would always come before a 3 even if they have the same value? Is it position?
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    He is not a tie breaker. It took until my black widow was the same level as Professor Xavier (178) for purple to become the strongest color.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Druss wrote:
    Stop leveling him now. The extra damage you'll get on match5s isn't worth it. Put the ISO towards something you want to champion.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I have SW and GSBW both champed and left ProX at 160.

SW lvl 192(5/3/5) 64 blueflag.png 82 purpleflag.png 73 greenflag.png 11 redflag.png
    GSBW 186(5/3/5) 12 blueflag.png 81 purpleflag.png 72 greenflag.png 63 redflag.png
    Pro X 160(5/3/5) 78 blueflag.png 69 purpleflag.png 12 greenflag.png 13 redflag.png

Charlie's Angels still works for me, so Pro X is staying where he is.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    simonsez wrote:
    Druss wrote:
    Stop leveling him now. The extra damage you'll get on match5s isn't worth it. Put the ISO towards something you want to champion.

I'm with Simonsez. I have certain levels that I bring my characters to - they correspond to the 3* caps so I've just be using them as points to have characters at, whether or not they're capped there. The one beneath 166 is 153 - that's where I brought my PX to a while back, and that's where he's going to stay. It's safe for Charlie's Angels. Bear in mind that boosted characters and other things can really mess you up - squeezing that extra bit of damage out of PX is not worth the chance that someday they may change how the characters scale and invalidate Charlie's Angels until you get a baby PX out there.

Someday I may do just that - make a baby PX (maybe even at 5/5/0 - the protect tiles yellow creates sometimes mess me up,) then level up my current PX, but that's a long way off.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had most of my 4*'s at 172 when they made the change. Level 166 GSBW did -not- work for it, but she did later (probably when she tied him for level?)

SW lvl 175(5/3/5) 62 blueflag.png 80 purpleflag.png 71 greenflag.png 11 redflag.png
    GSBW 179(5/3/5) 12 blueflag.png 81 purpleflag.png 72 greenflag.png 63 redflag.png
    Pro X 172(5/5/3) 79 blueflag.png 71 purpleflag.png 12 greenflag.png 13 redflag.png

Phaentom above has SW lvl 192(5/3/5) 64 blueflag.png 82 purpleflag.png 73 greenflag.png 11 redflag.png

Going through some of my other 3* champs, looks like their highest damage goes to 80 at level 171. I've read reports where the decimal point matters - perhaps the 171 3* is decimals behind 172 PX, and it won't work.

In any case, lower than level 172 up to GSBW/SW level 170, perhaps up to level 172 as they are equal. What I plan on doing is getting the 3* two points higher in damage and slowly leveling PX to match them. So right now I could move PX beyond 172 until he gets to 80 damage, (3*'s go to 81 highest damage somewhere between level 176 and 179) then I'd stop. I'll do it again when I get a 3* up to level 192 or so - whenever they hit 82 damage as Phaentom's does.

But as far as not bothering: I agree, put your ISO where it matters more. And when PX is boosted, these calculations go out the window.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    See the experience reported bymany in the recent all level 550 BoP, in which many were complaining that their 2*s were tanking for their 3*s who were tanking for their 4*s.
    case in point, from the feedback/suggestions subforum:
    TxMoose wrote:
    current BoP I was finding a lot of witch teams out there, so thought I'd try jeanbuster with loki. looked at the tile damage. loki was tied on 5 colors and was exceeded on 2. so put him in the right spot and wouldn't you know, he tanked 5 colors, all of which he tied others on - black (tied hb), purple (tied jean), green (tied jean), yellow (tied hb), and team-up (tied both).

can we revisit the tanking system across rarities when there are ties? there is no reason that the person in the last tanking position should tank over other ties, period. thanks.