Well played, Magic Puzzle Quest.

Options
shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I've been playing some QuickBattles, and I've been avoiding changing anything about my setup at all so I don't lose my Green ladder rank.

Then the game hung indefinitely entering a QuickBattle, so I restarted it, and I'd lost my account! I'm aware of this problem, too, so I uninstalled and resinstalled, and my account was reinstated, and I'd even retained my rank (~25) on the leaderboard. Very happy! So I started a new game...

...and discovered my planeswalker had been set to Liliana and I hadn't noticed. Rank 305/492. Curse you, Magic Puzzle Quest, you're too smart for me...

Comments

• carlito666
    Options
    You're welcome in Magic: Bug Quest
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, it's just so frustrating that clearly thousands of people WANT to play, and hundreds of them are trying REALLY hard and playing a LOT, but the bugs are so devastating it can completely remove all drive to keep playing this game. No one knows when or if this stuff will be fixed, but we all know that getting good cards early is a major key to these types of games (those who get ahead early tend to stay ahead) AND it's a new feature so people are really going for it. Sadly it's just random whether you get any reward or not. Hopefully there will be reasonable compensation for those of us who are affected, but who knows.
  • Have some patience guys, this is a new game just released. Give them some time.
  • Nettles wrote:
    Have some patience guys, this is a new game just released. Give them some time.
    How about bug testing and releasing a stable game? Is that too much to ask? No. I feel sorry for people who have spent real money on this.
  • Nettles wrote:

Some of us have been dealing with various issues since release, over 2 months ago. However, I agree. The only people I sympathize with are those that spent actual currency on the game. The rest of us are just inconvenienced and dealing with the guilt of putting so much time into a broken game. However, there is a great game in there, it just needs to have the bugs worked out.
  • kore wrote:
    Nettles wrote:

Some of us have been dealing with various issues since release, over 2 months ago. However, I agree. The only people I sympathize with are those that spent actual currency on the game. The rest of us are just inconvenienced and dealing with the guilt of putting so much time into a broken game. However, there is a great game in there, it just needs to have the bugs worked out.
    Wow, it was that long ago?! 2016 is moving quickly.

Honestly, the biggest bugs (those being leaderboards being messed up and game crashes), seem to be a result of the otherwise awesome recent update.
  • Keral_Keep wrote:
    kore wrote:
    Nettles wrote:

Honestly, the biggest bugs (those being leaderboards being messed up and game crashes), seem to be a result of the otherwise awesome recent update.

True, but to those that are new to the forum as a result of v1.3, several days without fix seems like an eternity. But for those who have lurked or been here longer this is nothing.
  • kore wrote:
    Keral_Keep wrote:
    kore wrote:
    Nettles wrote:

True, but to those that are new to the forum as a result of v1.3, several days without fix seems like an eternity. But for those who have lurked or been here longer this is nothing.

Ha! Well put. I didn't even realize I was doing that. The last few days, I kind of went, "oh, still not working. I'll just play a little here it there. It should be fixed in a few weeks."

Trained so we'll...
  • Irgy
    Irgy Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hears the middle quest rewards are getting nerfed* from yellow crystals to blue triangles
    Rushes to complete middle quests
    Game crashes 23 turns into a "win in 25 turns" quest
    Decides to stop playing until crashes are fixed... in the same update that nerfs the rewards.

Well played MtGPQ, thought I could pull one over you but you were one step ahead of me.

*Actually it's not immediately obvious that it is really a nerf. Going by this post:
    250 blue triangles: 3x250/225 = 3.33 cards, 3.33x0.0195 = 0.065 rares, 3.33x0.0025 = 0.0083 mythics
    8 yellow crystals: 14x5x8/600 = 0.933 cards, 0.933x0.1521 = 0.14 rares, 0.933x0.0326 = 0.030 mythics

So you actually get more cards for the 250 blue triangles. But, less rares and mythics because of the different drop rates.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Irgy wrote:
    Hears the middle quest rewards are getting nerfed* from yellow crystals to blue triangles
    Decides to stop playing until crashes are fixed... in the same update that nerfs the rewards.
    Oh I know. I've been rushing the story as well and WOW - I mean, the more you play, the more it crashes, so obviously playing a lot means it crashes A LOT. But WOW. SO many crashes. Ugh.
  • The_Leftist
    Options
    Irgy wrote:

Well played MtGPQ, thought I could pull one over you but you were one step ahead of me.

*Actually it's not immediately obvious that it is really a nerf. Going by this post:
    250 blue triangles: 3x250/225 = 3.33 cards, 3.33x0.0195 = 0.065 rares, 3.33x0.0025 = 0.0083 mythics
    8 yellow crystals: 14x5x8/600 = 0.933 cards, 0.933x0.1521 = 0.14 rares, 0.933x0.0326 = 0.030 mythics

So you actually get more cards for the 250 blue triangles. But, less rares and mythics because of the different drop rates.

You were heading in the right direction, but you used 600, which is the cost for the box, and you used the percentages for the fat packs. So, 200 instead of 600, so .42 rares, and 0.09 mythics.

However, my main concern with them halving the gold rewards for 17th through 101st in pvp, and removing 33 percent of the gold in story is that now, players are more susceptible than ever to not having any gold available or even possible to earn if they were to drop 5 new walkers at 100 gold each. I'm not going to spend any gold whatsoever anymore unless it's on walkers to avoid having to spend $$$. Them increasing the quickplay rune reward to 300 no matter what will be enough for me to get all kinds of rares/mythics from 3 packs. Just wish they would let us open them faster as it takes FOREVER to open 100 or more 3 packs.

And thanks for referencing my post! Nice to know people actually read it and the hours and hours of opening packs, gathering data from trusted players, and crunching numbers was worth it!
  • The_Leftist
    Options
    Lol and now my math is off. 200 gold in a fat pack, 20 cards, so 0.8 cards for each 8 gold objective, assuming you spend them on fat packs. 25 8 gold objectives gets you 0.65 mythics on average. For 3 packs, 166 packs gets you an average of one mythic. 108 3 packs will get you an average of 0.65 mythics.

108×225 = 24,300 runes for the same chance at a mythic that 200 gold will get you.

25 8 gold objectives now becomes 25 250 rune objectives.

25×250= 6,250.

So roughly one fourth the chance for mythics by switching to runes from gold.

But as I stated, I don't think they are doing this to keep people from getting mythics. They are doing it so most people will have to pay real money for future walkers, as most people either buy fat packs or boxes the second they get enough gold for them.
  • Irgy
    Irgy Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah I just assumed the drop rates would be the same for the big box and fat packs but I admit that's unproven at best. I worked it out by big box because as far as I can see there's no real reason to buy a fat pack at all other than impatience, since you miss out on the two extra packs.

So far all I've seen of the drop rate for the big box is worse than fat packs. But it seems unlikely the real drop rates for a big box would actually be worse, it would be a very perverse thing for them to decide to do. So the fact that they seem worse just means it's very unlikely they're a great deal better, which pretty much leaves them being exactly the same a by far the most likely option. If you can follow that chain of logic!