No Holds Barred PvP event

Comments

• Marquoz wrote:
    Veracity wrote:
    Sorry, too much negativity around here lately. Don't want to be part of the problem.

Player negativity is not the problem. The changes that caused the players to be negative are the problem.

It's probably a bit of a combination of the two...

It's really more of one though. Because the changes really screwed up the way one can play the game. Not admitting the game was mainly to blame is like saying, "well, the jews deserved it." Yeah that's right. I played the race card. I ain't even jewish.
  • It's really not funny at all seeing the top people in my bracket being players with low level rosters. Either cheating is more rampant than I thought, or the MMR is truly truly so fraked up that it does punish good players in PvP as well as in PvE.

Everything is broken in this game...
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    pulis wrote:
    Marquoz wrote:
    Veracity wrote:
    Sorry, too much negativity around here lately. Don't want to be part of the problem.

Player negativity is not the problem. The changes that caused the players to be negative are the problem.

It's probably a bit of a combination of the two...

It's really more of one though. Because the changes really screwed up the way one can play the game. Not admitting the game was mainly to blame is like saying, "well, the jews deserved it." Yeah that's right. I played the race card. I ain't even jewish.

wow, only 22 posts to godwin...really, that's a horribly stupid comparison to make.

the thing is, the whole negativity has reached a hysteric high that is totally out of perspective in relation to what's actually wrong with the game. Let's face it, the real problems aren't that huge...mostly progression rewards and two messed up pve. the rest of the changes mostly make sense. But people get on a roll when something goes wrong and suddenly wolverine and thor are 'completely useless' and similar idiocy.

• wow, only 22 posts to godwin...really, that's a horribly stupid comparison to make.

the thing is, the whole negativity has reached a hysteric high that is totally out of perspective in relation to what's actually wrong with the game. Let's face it, the real problems aren't that huge...mostly progression rewards and two messed up pve. the rest of the changes mostly make sense. But people get on a roll when something goes wrong and suddenly wolverine and thor are 'completely useless' and similar idiocy.

A lot of that negativity could have been avoided if someone was on the forums reassuring players and putting out fires, but that didn't happen.

I'm not usually the type to demand the designers give up their weekend, but 2 weeks of broken PvE should call for an aggressive fix from the team, or at the very least a little damage control from their forum staff.
  • I need those hood covers, finally an event I'm interested.
  • Marquoz wrote:
    Veracity wrote:

It's probably a bit of a combination of the two...[/quote]

It's really more of one though. Because the changes really screwed up the way one can play the game. Not admitting the game was mainly to blame is like saying, "well, the jews deserved it." Yeah that's right. I played the race card. I ain't even jewish.[/quote]

wow, only 22 posts to godwin...really, that's a horribly stupid comparison to make.

the thing is, the whole negativity has reached a hysteric high that is totally out of perspective in relation to what's actually wrong with the game. Let's face it, the real problems aren't that huge...mostly progression rewards and two messed up pve. the rest of the changes mostly make sense. But people get on a roll when something goes wrong and suddenly wolverine and thor are 'completely useless' and similar idiocy.[/quote]

Well, I can live with the nerfs. Thor is certainly not completely useless but now he is mediocre unless you can use him to build green for someone with a strong green..especially in a world lacking respecs for ppl with 3 in green. Somebody like my bro who Didnt play the game enough to have fallback characters or ISO was equivalently set back weeks or more as he all of a sudden went from thor allowing him to compete to needing to find about 100k ISO to level and partially level two more characters to make up for thor if he didn't like the new thor (let's say he decides he wants to use ares now as a heavy hitter, who isn't as good as og thor, and therefore needs to also have a little ISO extra to make up for what he lost)...not to mention possibly having spent weeks getting covers.

It's not about uselessness but feeling like he went 2-3 weeks back or more in his progress in the game. Og thor could have a nice spot on a team while you built your 3*** roster, not the same necessarily for 2** thor. It's kinda like playing a game and having the game delete your most recent save and the save before that is from a week ago. Lots of ppl would just give up on the game. What if you were building for rag too? So rag gets nerfed then later thor? So now you are playing a game where 2-3 weeks of progress or worse...some money..be whipped randomly?

Reminds me of a game i had on the n64, Glover 64. The save data on the game (it saved on its own cartridge) constantly cleared itself. For a while I foolishly kept playing and would get a certain ways in before it would delete and I'd start again. After happening about 10-15 times, as I wanted to beat it as a kid only playing 1 hr on Fridays, I finally coukdnt take it and just stopped playing it. Still haven't beaten it. Went back once but didn't want to put in the time to go through the game in one sitting (did that with an old quest 64 game after my memory card got corrupted and destroyed everything I had...10 years later).

They needed to WAY better address thier changes..and NOT just to ppl paying for thor or wolvie or whomever. Just because player A paid for thor and player B didn't doesn't make player B's time put in useless. Player B might have paid for something else even...but the lost time due to the nerf put him at thr same type of disadvantage. I understand not giving full ISO refund, but the current refund (minus the hp) should be the STANDARD ISO refunded for selling a leveled card. For 5 days after a nerf you should be able to sell a card for at minimum 75% of the ISO investment. They havrnt done that and so ppl who feel they lost thier fav cover had nowhere to turn other than to just "accept" losing a few weeks of playtime so they turned the game off
  • A lot of that negativity could have been avoided if someone was on the forums reassuring players and putting out fires, but that didn't happen.

I'm not usually the type to demand the designers give up their weekend, but 2 weeks of broken PvE should call for an aggressive fix from the team, or at the very least a little damage control from their forum staff.
    They don't have forum staff, as far as I can see. IceIX has been acting as a kind of de facto Community Manager, but from what day-1ers have said that's not in his job description. _Will is the Lead Designer on MPQ, and best guess for _Al is the flipping CEO, though it is of course allowed in some states for more than one person called Al to work for the same company.
  • They needed to WAY better address thier changes..and NOT just to ppl paying for thor or wolvie or whomever. Just because player A paid for thor and player B didn't doesn't make player B's time put in useless. Player B might have paid for something else even...but the lost time due to the nerf put him at thr same type of disadvantage. I understand not giving full ISO refund, but the current refund (minus the hp) should be the STANDARD ISO refunded for selling a leveled card. For 5 days after a nerf you should be able to sell a card for at minimum 75% of the ISO investment. They havrnt done that and so ppl who feel they lost thier fav cover had nowhere to turn other than to just "accept" losing a few weeks of playtime so they turned the game off

Let's not forget player A earned that money working. Player A then invests in a character with actual money only to have the character nerfed which means the time and money player A invested into the game has disappeared.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Liaomiao wrote:
    still 2400 progression rewards eh?
    Yeah, they plan events a few weeks in advance, so they're revising PvP progression attainability but changes won't hit right away.

The exception is when people start actually getting the high-end progression awards. Then they fix it from one tournament to the next, as we've clearly seen in the past few weeks. But we have knackered memories from all that mindless match-3 grinding we do, right?

Kittens sure are swell, aren't they?

Exactly. It's also the weekend, so they STILL haven't had a chance to work on the issues more. The game is on auto pilot to shoot out the next event they qued probably a week or two ago. Doesn't change that progression rewards could easily have the point value dropped, but ill give them.some leeway as long as sits changed by the Friday event. After that its really beyond reasonable. I am sure they lost some small chunk of thier player base this week so its in thier best interest too. Sometimes forums are the co al minority. Thr reviews to the game show that it is just...the player base in general..not a minority of it that frequents the forum.

Edit: as an aside, my brother quit just recently. He was a 2** and a few 3*** players. He didn't mind wolvie but he had put so much into thor that for him and his lvl of play on this it was too hard to even get back to even where he was, nonetheless progress, after the nerf to him. It basically ruined the enjoyment so he quit. I know that was the outcome to A LOT of players.

I don't think nerfs are a good strat in general for a p2p business model. Instead make newer cards stronger to make the older ones obsolete or at least inferior. Less anger, more money. For Diablo or warcraft or starcraft or streetfighter its fine...but you own everything...not just the characters you paid for.

By that logic why even level up anybody when the new one will just be stronger? In a PvP environment nerfs will always happen as it's the only way to try to keep the game balanced in a short time. Just releasing OP covers again and again will not make the situation any better. One of the reason I quit League of Legends was of the new champs coming completly destroying the old ones i like to play.

Also , sure you can own everything , but if you want to play someone that gets beaten by everyone else , why even play him in the first place?
  • So I got up to 100 last night before I went to sleep. Woke up to find I had been attacked 6 times. All were -4, -3, -6 etc (with one successful defense netting me a +1 for the night). Did I just get lucky with people sniping me for low points or have they reduced the amount you can lose? Anyone lose over 20 yet?
  • When you are at a low point total your lossage is also low. Once you get to around 350, the bigger loss numbers start to hit.
  • Heh, gotcha. I figured it was too much to hope for.
  • shielded at 611. hopefully it holds up.
  • Start to enter then was just bummed by the whole situation and couldn't bring myself to start a game. Going to play hearthstone and will check to see if they have bothered to make a response.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Think I will take a break from broken PVE/PVP play for awhile.

Probably rather watch no holes barred than play no holds barred.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    So I got up to 100 last night before I went to sleep. Woke up to find I had been attacked 6 times. All were -4, -3, -6 etc (with one successful defense netting me a +1 for the night). Did I just get lucky with people sniping me for low points or have they reduced the amount you can lose? Anyone lose over 20 yet?

I was around 190 last night, I woke up to 101. I am now under 100 points.
  • So I got up to 100 last night before I went to sleep. Woke up to find I had been attacked 6 times. All were -4, -3, -6 etc (with one successful defense netting me a +1 for the night). Did I just get lucky with people sniping me for low points or have they reduced the amount you can lose? Anyone lose over 20 yet?

Point losses at below 200 has always been greatly reduced or otherwise people would have a hard time of even getting 200 points.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    5/3/5 85 patch + 5/3/5 85 OBW + 5 blue Spidey = Maniacal Laughter

too bad they're going to fix OBW (her black isn't working as intended according to IceIX) and Nerf Spidey
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Reminds me of a game i had on the n64, Glover 64.

For a while I foolishly kept playing

There's your problem right there. Glover sucked balls.

...I played it too. A lot. In hindsight, that game is awfuuuuul

I've been hit for over 30 when at 500+ so no change really. Having said that I logged in earlier, got the 600 score reward appear on my screen from a defence then saw i'd been knocked down to 346. Still loving the one and done on attacks icon_e_smile.gif.