**** The Hulk (Totally Awesome) ****

Options

Comments

• Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I keep trying to play with him and he's fine in you are using him at level 70 with a bunch of covers, but even then, what the the flipping HELL were they thinking with his Black?!

So you've got a blue that generates more blue and black depends on having no virtually blue on the board? Could they at least have made it so that the more covers you had in it, the more blue could be on the board before you healed? Anything? It's just such an amazingly poorly designed ability.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I keep trying to play with him and he's fine in you are using him at level 70 with a bunch of covers, but even then, what the the flipping HELL were they thinking with his Black?!

So you've got a blue that generates more blue and black depends on having no virtually blue on the board? Could they at least have made it so that the more covers you had in it, the more blue could be on the board before you healed? Anything? It's just such an amazingly poorly designed ability.

The only time I can ever seem to fire that bleeping ability is when I pair him up with Doom and fire his blue first to clear the blues out but it doesn't really accomplish much besides letting me fire the **** ability. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    I just had a thought.. My Cho is only 5/2/1 and at lower level to the X-Force duo at the moment.
    Once he's better covered and could equal the 2, I'd start using him more often. He can be a decent 3rd member in that team (but, ironically might be better at the centre): He could tank greentile.png for Wolverine and the greenflag.png is arguably better than X-Force now. We'd still use blacktile.png for the CDfW and SS combo, but it could be also used near the end of the match to heal him (if the condition is met, obviously). Blue is not a priority, but can be useful sometimes.

So, with the 2 X-Forces, Mr Fantastic, and Cho (plus Daken and RGroot), we'd have a very sustainable 4*(+3*) PvE team. Based on true healing and rainbow colour coverage.

Obviously not as quick as the 3 undying 5*s.. but I think this is worth noting, especially when Cho becomes an essential character. With a +90 lvl boost, it'd be easy to make him tank for Wolverine while keeping him underleveled (because, we have to prioritise our Iso, right?).

Personally, I think the best 3rd member for the X-Force duo is Iceman, but they have to be at the same level so Iceman can hide behind the 2 when positioned on the right. My Iceman is now at higher level, so I'm trying to find other teams for the X-Force duo. Cho is not a bad alternative, especially when playing against Doom or Daken, where we'd inevitably take some damage and Hot Dog Stand becomes easier to trigger and useful.

I'm not saying that this suddenly makes him a good character. But, I think I might've found a team where he could be useful (when we have to use him).

No. Just no.

His black is unbelievably bad and literally unusable. Without Doctor Doom or Kamala Khan its almost impossible to get 6 or fewer blues on the board. Think about how many times you've been able to successfully deny Daken's heal in all the matches you've played.

A better third for DP and Xforce is Cyclops, a much more reliable blue and a yellow outlet when you don't need Wolv's. You're usually not actively going after yellow + blue so he doesn't end up taking much damage.

If they removed the blue requirement on black and added some type of anger/seeing red passive component to (black, I guess) he might be usable but right now he's completely useless.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    No. Just no.
    Thanks. It was just a fleeting thought.. I think you've convinced me not to level him any further.. (for now..) icon_lol.gif
    A better third for DP and Xforce is Cyclops, a much more reliable blue and a yellow outlet when you don't need Wolv's. You're usually not actively going after yellow + blue so he doesn't end up taking much damage.
    I like the idea of using Cyclops.. I forgot about him actually, because he's still 5/4/4. I only recently levelled him to 200 and haven't used him that much. He's the next on my list to be championed. Again, thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah I agree with dkffiv, why use Cho when you can use Thing, Kingpin (well this one suffers from the last nerf), Iceman, Rhulk, Cyclops or 4hor? ALL of these are better partners to XForce+Xpool than Cho, with far better greens or blues. Almost any other 4 is a better partner to those two icon_razz.gif

I am sorry but HE IS USELESS. He is THE WORST 4.

HE NEEDS A BUFF ASAP, like yesterday ASAP icon_razz.gif

If they don't want to completely rework him, his green should hit at least like FalCaps red, with 30 blue he should be able to one hit any 4 (so like 2.5 the damage he does now). And black should heal with less than 9 (the power even stuns him for a turn!!!!)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    for xpool and xfw, I'd take cmags, im40, and hood over TAH too - possibly others too like daken, grocket or doom, but those have inherent conflicts with the pair.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Speaking of X-Pool and X-Force, the perfect 3rd wheel for that combination would have been pre-nerf Mystique. She adds the last colour for the rainbow, which feeds the two main colours of the combo! But after the nerf, that ability is, sadly, too expensive and unreliable.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Speaking of X-Pool and X-Force, the perfect 3rd wheel for that combination would have been pre-nerf Mystique. She adds the last colour for the rainbow, which feeds the two main colours of the combo! But after the nerf, that ability is, sadly, too expensive and unreliable.
    I Think Grocket works just fine in that spot. X-enforcer is loads of fun when you can just regenerate all the damage in no time.
  • captainclownshoe
    Options
    God this guy is a turd... i have him 5 2 5 and I'veI've already pulled 2 extra green and an extra black...grrr. I refuse to pump any iso into him until done kind of rework. His black is the worst 4* power in the game!
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    His black is the worst power in the game!
    ftfy
  • Vyshus
    Vyshus Posts: 18
    Options
    This guy needs to be removed from the pool like bagman. Where can i go to request a refund for my token/cp i feel like i was cheated?
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's quite bad but I am using him occasionally.

355 championed px, 553 level 147 cho and 132 (a few covers in everything) Nova isn't terrible for hide the sausage. Beast is a far better blue green user but I reserve him for psylocke or captain marvel, cho isn't bad on a throwaway team. He is very dangerous to use when the opponent has a decent green user though, unregulated charged tiles always end in disaster
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, if there's one glaring need on my roster, it's definitely a blue/green user for my throwaway team (when the ai team doesn't use green). Been missing one of those for ages!
  • bbf2
    bbf2 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I feel like the comic book writers forced them to introduce this character into the game as a tie-in to his new comic, and the MPQ guys were upset by it and thus intentionally made him terrible on purpose.

He should be removed from the LTs and be a special event-only character or something.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    He's fixable. This isn't a Bag-Man situation where the design of the character is so fundamentally off-topic for the game that it is unworkable. All they need to do is get his green damage to be in line with 4* scaling and make it so his black isn't literally impossible to use most of the time. He is only a little bit of tuning short of being part of a pretty believable winfinite-style combo, with healing, battery, and targeted board shake. He could be extremely solid if his abilities were just a little more reasonably tuned.

The real problem, though, is the art. This guy is by far the douchiest character in the game, and I would view it as a personal insult if I was ever in a situation where it was worth using him. I am very glad that he's so terrible; the only thing I'd prefer would be if they took his pic off the loading screen.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bbf2 wrote:
    I feel like the comic book writers forced them to introduce this character into the game as a tie-in to his new comic, and the MPQ guys were upset by it and thus intentionally made him terrible on purpose.

He should be removed from the LTs and be a special event-only character or something.

That is the only plausible hypothesis I've ever heard as to why such a travesty was allowed to happen. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Zyrook
    Zyrook Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bbf2 wrote:
    Say they did this, that'd put him in the same boat as Devil Dino, which raises the question: Between the two, who's better?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I say dino is better. Tons of health, a super cheap power that can generate some ap, and two direct damage powers that are just too weak for competitive play. His design is perfectly solid, he just needs to do 60% more damage.

Tahulk's design is terrible. His damage is underwhelming. And his two utility powers actively work against each other.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hot Dog Stand - (varies) blacktile.png AP
    Thinking and smashing use lots of calories! A hungry Hulk empties the stock of a nearby food vendor! Heals him for 462 health, and creates 3 Blue tiles. Hulk is too busy eating and cannot fire other powers this turn. Costs 1 AP per Blue tile on the board.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Hulk heals himself for 540 health. Level 3: Hulk heals himself for 618 health. Level 4: Hulk heals himself for 774 health. Level 5: Hulk heals himself for 1086 health.
    Max Level
      Level 3: 1223 health Level 4: 1533 health Level 5: 2151 health

current version:
    Hot Dog Stand - 5 blacktile.png AP
    (Can only be fired when there are less than 7 Blue tiles on the board.)
    Thinking and smashing use lots of calories! A hungry Hulk empties the stock of a nearby food vendor! Stuns Hulk for one turn, heals him for 462 health, and creates 3 Blue tiles.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Hulk heals himself for 540 health. Level 3: Hulk heals himself for 618 health. Level 4: Hulk heals himself for 774 health. Level 5: Hulk heals himself for 1086 health.
    Max Level
      Level 3: 1223 health Level 4: 1533 health Level 5: 2151 health
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [b

Hot Dog Stand - 7 blacktile.png AP
    Thinking and smashing use lots of calories! A hungry Hulk empties the stock of a nearby food vendor! Heals Hulk for 462 health, and creates 3 Blue tiles. Amadeus is too busy eating, and so ends the turn.

Level 2: Amadeus puts ketchup! Hulk heals himself for 540 health. If the board has at least 7 Red tiles, Hulk heals 780 health instead.
    Level 3: Amadeus puts mayonnaise! Hulk heals himself for 618 health (916 if at least 7 Red tiles). If your team has at least 9 TU AP, the team gains 1 AP in every colour.
    Level 4: Hulk heals himself for 774 health (1027 if at least 7 Red tiles)
    Level 5: Amadeus puts mustard! Hulk heals himself for 1086 health (1387 if at least 7 Red tiles), plus 48 health for every Yellow tile on the board.
    I like the idea of adding Ketchup and mustard but seriously who puts mayo on a hot dog!! This should be onions for the TU (onions are more translucent like TU tiles), or green relish and instead of TU tiles he would need more green. This would also give him more reason to feed himself green!!

On a side note have you ever tried bacon on a Hot Dog!! Bacon makes everything better!!
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    This would also give him more reason to feed himself green!!
    I see what you did there.