How many 3*s to champ?

Options
Whosaninja
Whosaninja Posts: 49
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Hi
Currently I have 7 championed 3*s. Does anyone have an opinion on how many is a good number to have before saving up for 4* progression? I know I probably would want a good number of 3* team combos at 166+, but when do I stop?

I appreciate that "how long is a piece of string" could be the answer

Cheers
Whosaninja

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    to me that answer is everyone worth maxing is worth champing. from your roster it looks like the "elite tier" that you don't have maxed yet includes panther, kk, and magneto. other ones to definitely look at for their use maxed include gsbw, hulk. then you have to look at the support guys - how often do you use them in pvp? if you use hood or loki at all in pvp, then I'd max them too because they need all the health they can get because they'll be targeted first. then I'd look at others that you just enjoy playing with. for me that included torch and gamora. most of your 4*s have 4-6 covers. don't be in a rush to level those up with you have mags and kk not maxed yet. they are a little ways from being useful for you.

the only time I'd put iso into any of your 4*s is if you think they'd have a shot at their ddq day for that LT. your ice is probably good where he is. fury might could finish too, but he won't be around again for a while. and your IW can finish as-is, so really no rush on the others yet, unless you just really want to. I think you'd get more benefit from finishing they key 3*s.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Honestly it's nearly identical to your 3* transition. Keep dumping ISO into your 3* characters until you have enough covers on your 4*s to make them usable. One thing that really helped me was taking a slight break in my progression to level virtually all of my 4*s for DDQ4. Now they are all level 130+ and somewhat usable when boosted for events (depending on covers). So I would try to keep enough ISO on hand to take that next DDQ4 character to ~130 or so and the rest went into whatever 3* I wanted to max. Your 4*s don't seem all that well covered, so keep working on getting more covers, and keep maxing some of your top tier 3*s in the meantime.
  • Whosaninja
    Options
    Thanks both
    KK and Panther are next on my list to max, and will have enough ISO to do one of them soon. Will bring Mags into scope as well

Haven't been using Hood or Loki recently (I was using Loki a lot for a while) but agree they are worthy support characters

Regarding the 4* daily I've only ever managed to win with IW so far, and that was with less covers than I do now. Good to know Fury and Ice may be possible as well