**** Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy) ****

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 wrote:
    babinro wrote:

Personal Note: I'm really disappointed that her colours match Miles's. The most exciting prospect of having multiple web tile generators at the same tier of play was to see how amazing they might have been feeding off one another. Miles isn't exactly breaking the game so having the duo build each other up a la xDP/XF would have been perfect! You even had the perfect red skill on Gwen to make it happen. Even just making Kick Out the Jams a blue skill (since OBW shows that blue means temp healing) would make a world of difference.
    Pretty sure they play tested that and found that one or the other of them became brokenly good when they could feed each other web tiles. From the AP gain Miles provides to the ease of reducing Gwen's red cost, they couldn't give them rainbow mode.

Well if you play a 3/5/5 spider-gwen and a 3/5/5 Miles they can certantly play well together (red for gwen, purple for miles). You can add 3 spidey for even more web action, and you can have gwen firing red for 6 AP all the time and Miles firing purple with a lot of tiles on the board doing also a lot of damage and with miles yellow you have a lot of AP on the board. If Miles had blue instead of purple...

Maybe not the best team in the world, but probably quite fun.. It is a pity that Eddie doesnt create web tiles, that would be almost a rainbow team, but I guess he should be in team symbiote with Carnage icon_razz.gif
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Even if they are the same colors, I'd probably still run both. 3/5/5 for gwen, 5/5/3 for Miles, and hell for the sake of it, 5* spooderman.
    You lose the soak on black, but everything else is just so good lol
  • So I'm kinda new to this game, played for only 4 months, and I may be wrong. But is Gwen/3*Spidey/IM40 a good team? The updated IM40, with the better recharge. Cause I'm thinking you match yellow, then while CD tiles are up you match purple once, and red until CD is over. Then use her stun, spidey stun, and fire off her red possibly twice for huge damage. I may not be thinking about every detail though, so please tell me if I'm wrong.
  • Blahahah
    lexnaum wrote:
    So I'm kinda new to this game, played for only 4 months, and I may be wrong. But is Gwen/3*Spidey/IM40 a good team? The updated IM40, with the better recharge. Cause I'm thinking you match yellow, then while CD tiles are up you match purple once, and red until CD is over. Then use her stun, spidey stun, and fire off her red possibly twice for huge damage. I may not be thinking about every detail though, so please tell me if I'm wrong.

Its not a bad idea, but the team would work better with Miles than Gwen. All the same, its not a bad team idea, just IM40 is so slow and you can get more or less the same benefit using 3* marvel if you're really hunting for red.

If thats what you got, then yeah man make it work. The team has definite strengths, just I never feel comfortable relying on IM40's recharge.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2016
    She reminds me of 4* Thor, with a red that gets powered up from special tiles generated by her other abilities (and which only destroys one tile, so you can spam it), a good stun, and a weak yellow (but that's every 4* amirite). I suspect S-G will be better because her pair of 6 AP moves are better for spamming.

edit: red removes 1 web (oops)
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    782.5 damage per AP @ 12 redtile.png
    1565 damage per AP @ 6 redtile.png

Of course, creating web tiles costs AP, so her damage per AP is always going to be between 782.5 and 1565 damage per AP. The fact that she only consumes one web tile per cast means that she's going to be able to maintain her low AP cost as long as you can keep web tiles on the board. As such, I'm a huge fan of going 5/5/3. Keeping 2/3 enemies stunlocked for 6 purpletile.png: AP for 2 turns? should be pretty easy to do, and it should keep your web tiles alive.

Is this like 3piderman where all of the web tiles are yellow?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    782.5 damage per AP @ 12 redtile.png
    1565 damage per AP @ 6 redtile.png

Of course, creating web tiles costs AP, so her damage per AP is always going to be between 782.5 and 1565 damage per AP.

Small caveat, if you're using her as a counter to Miles, 3Spidey, or herself, the AI could in theory put out the web tiles for you, allowing you to maximize the AP/damage.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    icon issue has been addressed!
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    For her red ability, is it damage to one target? Or all enemies?

I ask because the wording is normally "to target" or "to enemy team"

Also, when the Web tile is "removed" is the tile destroyed? Or does the Web tile just convert back to a basic tile?
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, hang on...while the enemies patiently wait, Gwen calls the rest of her band mid-fight and they come over for a quick jam session which...*cough*...gives the team health?

Congrats on making the most ridiculous ability ever!

*golf clap*
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    So, hang on...while the enemies patiently wait, Gwen calls the rest of her band mid-fight and they come over for a quick jam session which...*cough*...gives the team health?

*golf clap*

Dude! Free concert!

Marvel's part of Disney now so battles will now be musicals.
  • Blahahah
    Jathro wrote:
    For her red ability, is it damage to one target? Or all enemies?

I ask because the wording is normally "to target" or "to enemy team"

Also, when the Web tile is "removed" is the tile destroyed? Or does the Web tile just convert back to a basic tile?

Converted to basic tile, as it doesn't trigger "Power and Responsibility" on Miles from what I can tell.
    Imagine like Spiderman's web bandages, he doesn't destroy the webs, they just kinda vanish.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    biryon wrote:
    battles will now be musicals.
    The 60s had West Side Story, the 80s had the Beat It video... where the heck are the epic, iconic musical battles for this generation??
  • So, hang on...while the enemies patiently wait, Gwen calls the rest of her band mid-fight and they come over for a quick jam session which...*cough*...gives the team health?

*golf clap*

Kamala heals her team by being kinda spunky.

It makes sense that giving them a motivational concert would be more effective then a spunky cheer.
  • kyrain
    kyrain Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    colwag wrote:

*golf clap*

Kamala heals her team by being kinda spunky.

It makes sense that giving them a motivational concert would be more effective then a spunky cheer.

I wish I could heal my friends by slightly moving my arm and winking slyly
  • Dunamis101
    Dunamis101 Posts: 72 Match Maker
    So I guess we forgot about Beast putting on glasses, and having time to break out a table during a battle with neatly placed flasks. All while experimenting to make something that will be random.

Let us not forget Spidermans beloved lamp post that he brings with him on every mission to the enemy lab, the jungle, and probably the bathroom as well.

A concert is welcome addition in my opinion. XD
  • all i can think about with the jam out power is scott pilgrim battle of the bands
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    simonsez wrote:
    The 60s had West Side Story, the 80s had the Beat It video... where the heck are the epic, iconic musical battles for this generation??
    Epic, iconic musical battle.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Her heal fake, so only 5/5/3 icon_evil.gif
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    biryon wrote:
    battles will now be musicals.

If my twitter feed is to be believed, it may be HAMILTON.